Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#215069 02/01/08 06:08 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So my work computer crashed on Wednesday afternoon and I just got it up and working again late yesterday. During the long long hours at work with absolutely nothing to do I decided to make myself a to do before I die list. I thought I just share some of them with ya'll. Can't remember all of them since I don't have the list here but smile1

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#215070 02/01/08 07:35 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I like your list Steph!! Especially the one about the shark. CHOMP!! As for my "To Do" list...

I'd like to compete in a long distance endurance horserace through the Rockies. That or just camp in the mountains for the rest of my life.

Meeting Dean Cain would be a nice thing to add to my list, but hopefully I'll see him in Heaven anyway. Same as meeting George W. Bush and any other famous person that I like.

I'd like to put stuff about seeing my kids become successful and/or prosperous in their lives, but once they hit 18, I'm not responsible for them anymore and I shouldn't add pressure to their lives by making them responsible for my happiness.

Mostly I just hope to be with my hubby for as long as I breathe. I luvr him...I luvr him good.... drool

TEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#215071 02/01/08 08:27 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I shouldn't add pressure to their lives by making them responsible for my happiness.
rotflol TEEJ you crack me up!! You could always ask your kids to put "be successful/prosperous" on their lists... laugh

Mostly I just hope to be with my hubby for as long as I breathe. I luvr him...I luvr him good....
Awww... I love that!! I'm so glad you and your hubby are so in love and happy. love

-George Bernard Shaw
#215072 02/01/08 09:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like a lot on your list too, steph. Particularly the hot air ballooning, safari, great wall walk, northern lights and pyramids.

What else?

- get the perfect haircut
- see a west end/broadway show
- go skiing/ice skating
- find a wonderful hubby
- get a job I love
- join a gym
- buy my own place, with cat
- get really old, lose my marbles and start wearing adult diapers. On second thought, maybe not. goofy

Mostly, just BE HAPPY.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
#215073 02/01/08 12:50 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
My wants are simple.

I'd really like to witness a legitimate UFO siting. One that I can, in my own mind, feel represents an intelligently controlled craft of unearthly origin.

Failing that, I'd like to hang around long enough to witness the end of the world when a rogue comet or asteroid comes along and cleaves the earth in two.

Tank (who knows some my not share his desires but since there is no real Superman, Nightfall will have its way with us)

#215074 02/01/08 12:58 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Oh, I just thought of one more, though this one is highly unlikely to ever happen.

I'd like to play a gig where all the toting, loading, set-up and tear down of the equiptment is handled by roadies. All I have to do is show up five minutes before the show starts and play.

Tank (who realizes how unlikely this scenario actually is of ever happening)

#215075 02/01/08 01:19 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'd really like to witness a legitimate UFO siting. One that I can, in my own mind, feel represents an intelligently controlled craft of unearthly origin.
Well, Tank, you DO realize up to now all the incidents have been caused by irresponsible teen aliens who have stolen their parents' spaceship. What else would explain the cow mutilations? The crop circles are just otherworldly graffiti: "Tang Bot wuz here" and such.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#215076 02/01/08 05:33 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
See the Northern Lights

Visit Niagra Falls

Be Happy and live that way along with Healthy.
Meet and Marry my Mr. Right and have a loving family and dog.

Become the pediatrican/children's advocate I'm dedicated to being/dreaming of.

Live in a beautiful and rural but not completely in the middle of nowhere, family community where neighbors are still neighbors.

Inspire a kindness revolution of some sort.

Never find myself completely and utterly alone.

Fly with Clark? wink devil I can dream, right? smile

Mona

Mona

#215077 02/01/08 05:51 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank wrote:

I'd like to play a gig where all the toting, loading, set-up and tear down of the equipment is handled by roadies. All I have to do is show up five minutes before the show starts and play.
*sigh* Just five more minutes! Please!

Okay, I'll wake up.

Unless you're the STAR!!! of the show, that's not going to happen. And it probably won't happen even if you're the bassist for the STAR. Believe me, I know. I have the same kinds of aches and pains from lifting speaker cabinets and amps and carrying stuff through doors that your dolly won't go through because there's a huge crack in the concrete or the aisle is too narrow to wheel the stuff past the furniture or the person with the keys showed up forty minutes late and the sound check is out the window and you barely have time to tune everything, much less set your own volume levels.

Or, like me, you could be the one who knows how to do it all.

"Terry, can you help me with the equalizer on the sound board?"
"Terry, can you help me set up the keyboard?"
"Terry, can you tune my twelve-string for me?"
"Terry, can you help me set the monitors up?"
"Terry, why aren't you ready for the sound check?"

I got that last one once too often. Thereafter I learned to say the magic word: "No."

Funny how quickly the other folks in the band learned how to take care of their own stuff.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#215078 02/01/08 07:16 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I've got heaps of stuff I'd like to do before departing life I don't even know where to start.

1. A cruise along the Danube
2. Road trip America
3. Go to Vietnam (my dad was born there)
4. Go on Safari in Africa
5. Actually all corners of the Earth I want to see
6. Go to Disenyland! (Just had to add that heehee)
7. Do the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb
8. Tour China particularly Xian, Nanking and other historical places
9. Visit the Studio Ghibli museum in Japan
10. Do the Silk Road tour
11. Visit Tibet
12. Visit Egypt
13. The Lourve and Palace of Versaille
14. The WWII history buff in me would like to visit the places where battles were fought.
15. Visit Turkey in particular Gallipoli
At this rate I'll need to win the lottery to go to all these places

17. Go to the Sydney Opera House
If you are ever here Stephanica I'd be happy to take you for a wander around the harbour. It's a great thing to do on a beautiful summer day.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#215079 02/02/08 08:09 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
- Have a baby
- Find an occupation that I love
- Travel. Everywhere.

I've got lots of little things too, but if I can accomplish those three, I think everything else will fall into place.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#215080 02/03/08 01:40 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
You know, I admit I read this post yesterday and I actually have been thinking about it.

Here are a few of mine:

* Have children.
* Win the Pulitzer Prize.
* Go back to India to see where I was born.
* See the Cougars get to the national championship for football or basketball (hey, it would boost my chances of No. 1 on the list of my husband was in *that* good of a mood!)
* See the Eiffel Tower. (And no, not the one in Vegas. Not that it wasn't lovely.)
* Meet my childhood hero. (I already have one-half of Lane and Kent down, one-half to go)
* Become the editor of a major metropolitan newspaper.
* Get back to the weight I was when I met my husband. I have a feeling having H.G. Wells show up and take me back to 1996 is more realistic, but too bad. It's MY list.
* Be published. And not just in my newspaper.

OK, now that I am looking at this list, it is making me feel kind of guilty about sitting on the couch in my pajamas at 4:30 p.m. No one ever won a Pulitzer in a pink bunny robe ... maybe I'll be the first. wink

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#215081 02/03/08 05:41 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Sure I have lists, but I've actually found that sometimes the greatest things that happen to you are things you could have never imagined to put on a list in the first place!

1. Save a child's life (I have broad parameters on this so will accept many options)

2. Write dissertation, publish and get tenure before I die, kill myself or kill someone else

3. Win the Woodrow Wilson or the Guggenheim

4. Meet Laura Restrepo, Fazal Sheikh or Anne Patchett. I have a lot of questions for them

5. Found an organisation to fund long-term counseling for victims (child and adult) of domestic violence

6. Learn Romanian

7. Travel to Chile, China, Russia, Romania, Argentina and Antarctica and actually see them

Honestly, a few of these are a real stretch, but as L.M. Montgomery once wrote, "It wouldn't do for us to have all our dreams fulfilled. We would be as good as dead if we had nothing left to dream about."

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#215082 02/04/08 03:29 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
If you are ever here Stephanica I'd be happy to take you for a wander around the harbour. It's a great thing to do on a beautiful summer day.
I will totally take you up on that offer Crazybabe!!!! laugh hyper

-George Bernard Shaw
#215083 02/04/08 04:04 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Since I'm into outdoor photography I would like to visit all 50 states. I also would have to win the lottery to do this. So far I've been to San Diego, San Francisco, Yosemite, The Wine Country and Niagra Falls. So I have a long way to go on the 50 states. Someone needs to will me their RV and a gas card with a LARGE prepaid amount sitting on it.

For the one of you who wanted to see Niagra Falls it is incredible. I have a picture of the Maid of the Mist going down the river towards the falls between 2 rainbows. It is awesome.

#215084 02/05/08 04:23 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I have a picture of the Maid of the Mist going down the river towards the falls between 2 rainbows.
I'd love to see that pic Kmar! Can you post it?

-George Bernard Shaw
#215085 02/05/08 04:27 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Give me a couple of days and I will post it.

#215086 02/07/08 08:26 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Makes me think of the movie that just came out. The "Bucket List" All the things you want to do before you kick the bucket.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#215087 02/07/08 09:57 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I think top of my list has to be "Avoid dying."

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#215088 02/07/08 10:49 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I think top of my list has to be "Avoid dying."
laugh lol