Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#214917 01/22/08 05:10 AM
ccmalo Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've just watched the latest version of Persuasion that PBS showed a couple of weeks ago. Has anyone else seen this version? I'm curious what people thought of it.

c.

#214918 01/22/08 05:52 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
I didn't care for it at all. I did like the actor who played Frederick, but I thought the screenplay was terrible. The first part was like a Cliff's Notes version of the novel, and the last part was a jumbled mess of moving lines around, sticking them in the wrong people's mouths, and just generally wrecking the whole ending.

I missed Sunday night's showing of Northanger Abbey, but I've heard it was better.

Caroline

#214919 01/22/08 03:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I didn't see any of it, but my sister is an avid Austen fan. She got all of the books for Christmas a couple years ago (but they got packed up and shipped off to Utah, then were in storage limbo for a couple years before she could get them back) and hasn't been able to read them all yet--just a few.

I've only seen a few of the movies, and I haven't seen either of the movies mentioned so far in this thread, I think. I didn't even know that they were showing them all until last night, when I went through the stack of old TVGuides on my night stand.

At that point, I thought to myself, "Why did I go six weeks without reading my TVGuide again? I could've told Anna (my sister) about this 'Austen-a-thon!'"

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#214920 01/23/08 09:32 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I am a big fan of her books and I love Pride and Prejudice. My all time favorite. :-)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard