Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
ok, I am going insane.

Many years ago, in a Superman Comic book(had to be in the 80's) Superman remarks to someone (I think a kid) in a hospital about The Lady in the Moon.

As I am thinking about it, the moon had be replaced with a duplicate and Superman had noticed that the 'dimple' or 'the point of her nose' was off a little, which was what put him on to the moon-napping.

Anyway, I have told Elisabeth about the Lady in the Moon for years and for years she has politely smiled and told me I am nuts.

The image in the comic had a image of a lady looking right with her hair flowing down behind her and flairing out a little.

I have found many images of a 'lady in the moon' showing a woman looking left, but I can't find any showing her looking right.

Can anyone find this for me and send me the image?

Thanks

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This might be the picture you have seen, James.

[Linked Image]

This is the edress: http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/cdjpgs/ladymoon.jpg

Ann

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Actually I can see a lot of *ladies in the moon* in different angles! lol But that's probably just me! blush

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Here's one I spotted out using MSPaint... smile
[Linked Image]

CG
------------

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*giggles* I'd so be tempted to tell you it's me...

/runs away before people start throwing things at her.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, Lara, when I read this in the morning (I'm so not a morning person, btw), I thought to myself, what the heck are you doing on the moon?? wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Which one's you Lara?

BTW the other one's me! laugh

CG
------------

Top Banana
Top Banana
James, my humblest apologies. Blame coolgirl. laugh

[img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/jlo-pb/ladymoon.jpg?t=1200494817[/img]

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
James, my humblest apologies. Blame coolgirl. laugh
Is the girl on the moon (the picture on top) you, gr8shades? laugh

CG
------------

Top Banana
Top Banana
No, it's not cg. I haven't worn a triangle for years! goofy

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
No, it's not cg.
I know it's not CG! CG hasn't worn triangles either! rotflol

Anyway cute pic, gr8!

I'm gonna call you gr8... gr8shades' too long to type and I'm lazy...

CG
------------

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
LOL Coolgirl! rotflol

I subscribe to Sky & Telescope and Astronomy, and I have seen, a couple of times, that they have asked their readers to go out when there's a full moon and try to spot the lunar lady. Maybe you should send your picture to one of these magazines (or both of them) and challenge their readers to try to spot your Lady in the Moon? (What's her name, by the way? Lady Cool? Cool Lara? Lara in the Moon?)

Ann

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I haven't worn a triangle for years!
lol very good, g8shades

CG and g8shades, it's amazing what a powerful application MS-Paint becomes in the right hands wink *goes and deletes photoshop

Sorry, James, but I don't have anything helpful to say on the matter.

Good luck,

Eva, humming "Man in the Moon" now

P.S. I find this "Rabbit in the Moon" very convincing:

[Linked Image]

kill a cliché, save a reader
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! rabbits now? Heeee! Well, then I definitely wanna be the lady in the moon!

Which, btw... in French, there's an expression that says "être dans la lune" (literally: "to be in the moon") which means to be distracted, or often, to be lost in a daydream. So that lady would SO totally be me. I live in a daydream, I'm *always* "dans la lune." laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, Eva, very convincing! laugh

Here's a better pic of the moon hare.

[Linked Image]

It would appear to be holding some sort of egg... Well, I guess that solves that mystery. goofy

(sorry James, I'll go back to my corner now)

N
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
N
It's the Easter bunny!

"There are lots of people who can be clever with words, which is different from being right with them." Anne Enright
Top Banana
Top Banana
Is this her?

[Linked Image]

Ok, I'm going, I'm going.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I can see she's holding out a box of chocolates(?) to a Disney-like character... who is it?

Ann

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Oh great, gr8!

I couldn't help this one... Don't kill me...

I've titled this CK proposes to LL laugh

[Linked Image]

But what the hell is she having in her hands? Does she have a ring too? Gonna exchange rings? Mutual proposal?

CG
------------

Top Banana
Top Banana
lol God, that makes me laugh! She's called 'the bookworm', but let's pretend she's holding a box of double crunch fudge bars.

And I think you're very clever to have drawn that! I got mine off a website! Lil' miss triangle dress is as good as it gets here, I'm afraid! frown

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Oh and it happens right after Lois sings 'Fly Me to the Moon!'

CK flies her right off and proposes to her... can you see the black patch behind her? That's where her oxygen tank should be... but I decided not to draw that because you can't exactly call kissing with an oxygen mask romantic, can you? laugh

CG
------------

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
ok, I am going insane.
You have company, James! laugh

CG
------------

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay. In the interest of superior rodents everywhere, I demand that if there are going to be moon hares, there should be at least a moon rat. Fair's fair. :p

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Coolgirl's is the closest, but not quite.

The other one is the one that I have been finding.

Really, I think we need a Superman Comic fan to find this one...

I will try my own hand at rendering it...

ok, this is my horrible rendition...

[Linked Image]
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The moon rats are on the other side, Lab. That, and inside the craters. Eating all the cheese where we can't see them.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by LabRat:
Okay. In the interest of superior rodents everywhere, I demand that if there are going to be moon hares, there should be at least a moon rat. Fair's fair. :p

LabRat smile
Sorry, LabRat, but that can't be allowed and I will employ the millennia-old rules of logic to explain why:

Fact 1: rats eat cheese

Fact 2: the moon is, as everyone knows, entirely made of cheese

Conclusion: the moon (space?) rat would start nibbling the cheese

Consequences: the moon would lose part of its mass, thus the delicate balance between earth and moon would be destroyed; there would be floods, disasters and the earth would tumble into space.

And if that should happen, I say good luck with shouting "Superman to the rescue."

Solution: no rats beyond the stratosphere

Sorry, LabRat, but you can't defy logic wink

Best,

Eva

Kerth
Kerth

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Consequences: the moon would lose part of its mass, thus the delicate balance between earth and moon would be destroyed; there would be floods, disasters and the earth would tumble into space.
Hmm... I'm not sure that's completely true... you see I think I read somewhere (must be in that Physics class when the professor sent me out but I peeked in through the window to see what fun they were having without me)

If the MoonRats (no LabRats there, unless we send a rocket there and bring some down to the Earth laboratories for research) were to eat some/ the whole moon (without the core) then you see, part of the moon's mass would go into the MoonRat's stomach and so the moon wouldn't lose its mass. It's mass would be within the MoonRat's stomach... something to do with the concept...

The total energy of the Universe is constant (as is the energy of an isolated object)

Is there such a law, or am I imagining it?
confused

Okay, anyway I consider the moon to be as isolated as the Earth, even if it is made of cheese (But wouldn't the solar heat melt it! ) confused again!

I'm in a quasi-scientific mood today! *sigh*

CG
------------

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by coolgirl:

If the MoonRats (no LabRats there, unless we send a rocket there and bring some down to the Earth laboratories for research) were to eat some/ the whole moon (without the core) then you see, part of the moon's mass would go into the MoonRat's stomach and so the moon wouldn't lose its mass. It's mass would be within the MoonRat's stomach... something to do with the concept...

The total energy of the Universe is constant (as is the energy of an isolated object)

Is there such a law, or am I imagining it?
confused

Okay, anyway I consider the moon to be as isolated as the Earth, even if it is made of cheese (But wouldn't the solar heat melt it! ) confused again!

I'm in a quasi-scientific mood today! *sigh*
yes, the law does exist, but: the SpaceRats would digest the moon cheese and then fart some of the energy into space, thus changing the energy content of the moon, thus disturbing the balance, etc. ... wink

And no, moon cheese is naturally impregnated with anti-solar-melting-fluid, didn't you know ...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah, the power of google:

[Linked Image]
The Moon Lady Reading A Book

I can't find the comic, sorry. All I know is that it's one of the many I haven't read. huh

~•~
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
the SpaceRats would digest the moon cheese and then fart some of the energy into space
rotflol rotflol rotflol

I'm sure this wasn't what James expected when he started this topic.

Okay, moon cheese lost into space in the form of gas wink ? But won't the moon gravity hold that tiny bit of air around it. I know moon doesn't have enough gravity to hold an atmosphere like that of the Earth. But the escape velocity of MoonRat's fart would be so less that it would create a layer of gas (will cheese break into elemental nitrogen and ammonia? Quasi-Scientist in me again!) which, no doubt, would stink!

So, matter won't be lost... it'd just be revolving around the moon, preventing anybody else from entering.

CG
------------

Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL. Well, I'm sure the MoonRats would be glad to know that "In Space, No One Can Hear You..." fart.

Oh, by the way, how much mass does a fart really have? And what about when men landed on the moon? That didn't throw off the moon's orbit, I don't think. Besides, wouldn't moondust float off from them running around? Also, just how do the rats breathe, how many do we have to have, and if the moon really is made of cheese, why haven't we started importing it yet for goodness' sake?! Yeesh.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
if the moon really is made of cheese, why haven't we started importing it yet for goodness' sake?!
Oh no! We can't do that... you see, the mass of the moon will reduce at a rapid rate, and that would cause all those environmental disasters Eva mentioned such as cyclones, tsunamis, earthquakes...

Besides that mass would be additional on Earth and will have a great impact on its velocity (assuming its Kinetic Energy is constant) and we would have days longer than 24 hours...

EDIT : (oh! that's rotation) ... actually an year would be having 370 days? Are there any scientists here?

BTW did you know that initially, when the Earth was still an infant, one *day* on Earth was equal to almost 22 hours.

CG
------------

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I guess the astronauts' space suits would contain their farts, wouldn't they? And then the astronauts wouldn't be launched off the the moon by their own biological "jet pulses". But I know Terry wrote a terry-fic piece called "In Space, No One Can Hear You...." where Lois served Clark rumaki, and Clark had to flee into space in order to...relieve himself of some gas. I guess he would be bobbing up and down as he farted, as the farts would certainly leak through his suit, thus giving him a push in the opposite direction! (I mean, imagine if his suit actually contained the farts: it would swell up so that Clark would eventually look like Balloon Man! Literally full of gas!)

But James, seriously: the picture I showed you is the astronomically accepted Lady in the Moon, the one amateur astronomers are told to try to spot, when they want a "moon challenge". It's possible, of course, that the comic book people had heard of a Lady in the Moon, but if they didn't know what feature that really was, they may have drawn another lunar lady. But in that case, unless you can find your comic book again, don't expect to be able to identify it.

Ann

Features Writer
Features Writer
Anyone who's ever read Watership Down, by Richard Adams knows the rabbit in the moon is El-ahrairah...but I don't think he farts...

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What I want to know is where all the milk came from to make that giant hunk of cheese.

Passing herd of giant space cows?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Oh, don't you know? It came from the Milky Way!

There is a whole galaxy of milk existing on the Universe ever since its birth... sadly nobody knows how it came to be... (probably during the Big Bang, the golden egg burst and spilled milk all over!)

CG
------------

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
[Linked Image]

This is the source of the Milky Way. The Greek god Zeus had fathered an illegitimate child, Hercules (or Heracles). Hercules' mother was a mere human, but Zeus wanted his son to drink some mother's milk from a goddess, so he laid his son by his wife Hera's breast. When Hera noticed what was going on, she tore away Hercules from her breast, but her milk pumped out like a jet stream all across the heavens, creating the Milky Way. (Well, that's obvious, isn't it?)

Ann

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
That's what mythology says! smile
My quasi-scientific mind mixes all theories up and comes up with something more hilarious than that, which my husband doesn't want me to reveal for he's afraid I might... well he's afraid!!! laugh

Well, that's specific indeed! laugh

CG
------------

Features Writer
Features Writer
Here's the sky myth MY hubby likes:
SAFFRON
Do you know the myth of Earth-that-was?

WASH
Not so much.

SAFFRON
That when she was born, she had no sky, and was open, inviting. And the stars would rush into her, through the skin of her. Making the oceans boil with sensation. And when she could endure no more ecstasy, she puffed up her cheeks and blew out the sky.

...course that don't explain how El-ahrairah got up there...

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard