Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So, there are a few things that I am willing to get up early for. Going on vacation. The Nordstrom anniversary sale. And Superman.

I dragged myself out of bed and drove up to Seattle four hours before work so I could meet Dean at the flu-shot clinic today. And oh man, was it worth it. blush

When I walked up, I just about died. He was sitting at a table looking HOTTER than Vegas in June. drool And believe me, I'd know. There were about eight people in front of me, so I waited and watched him interact with everyone. I have to say, the man has serious charisma. He talked to everyone, signed photos and was very, very nice.

So after about 10 minutes, I finally walk up, and he stands and shakes my hand. I said "Hi, I'm Jenn," and he said "Hi, I'm Dean."

And that is when I about passed out. He is even HOTTER in person.

So first I say, "First of all, I am supposed to tell you hi from all the FoLCs."

Smile. "The Friends of Lois and Clark?" I nod. Bigger smile. "Anyone in particular?"

"Chris, Deb, Jenni … oh, everyone."

Big smile. "Well, tell them I said hello back."

So then we talked (and did we talk, seriously, it was at LEAST five minutes) about newspapers, football, L&C, and then ... and this moment will be remembered for the rest of my life ...

He stands up and puts his arm around me for a picture, and then he goes goes, "You're wearing cucumber oil!"
Me: Silent.
Him: "Aren't you?"
Me: "Uh, yeah."
Him: "I KNEW IT!" Smile.

Apparently Ms. Hatcher's choice of body oils from 1995 was quite memorable. wink And yes, it is the same oil from Kiehl's.

So then I mentioned that I'd be in Vegas this weekend, and he said I should stop by the poker tournament.

I am really glad that I went to see him. He is the NICEST man. Seriously. Sleep is vastly overrated when you get a chance to meet the Man of Steel himself. laugh

Here are a couple pics ...

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, Jenn! Fantastic! smile1 clap sloppy

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Oh, I'm so jealess you got to meet him! goofy I probably never will.

Those pictures are great!
"You're wearing cucumber oil!"
Me: Silent.
Him: "Aren't you?"
Me: "Uh, yeah."
Him: "I KNEW IT!" Smile.
I can totally understand why you'll remember this the rest of you life wink Only makes me more jealess....
Oh, almost forgot, you will let us now how Vegas was, right?

- Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
That's really neat, Jenn! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
...you know I'm still totally stuck in that little "OMG I'm so jealous" bubble. Yes, I think that officially makes me a lunatic. Can I be sent to Arkham, please? (I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know I'm making it even worse by sticking in a Batman ref in there... agh!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Features Writer
Features Writer
OMIGOSH!! He smelled you!!! Just think about this for a minute. Particles of YOU were actually processed through Dean's olfactory system.... shock

Yep, color me *green* here. *sigh*

TEEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so friggin happy right now!!! How awesome that you got to meet Dean. I've always wanted to meet Dean! And now I feel like I did vicariously through you. smile1 Seriously. I can't stop smiling and my heart's beating super fast. It's actually kind of weird considering I didn't actually meet him... but whatever... Yay Jenn!! dance

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper That is totally COOL, Jenn!!! hyper

I remember when Elisabeth and I got a chance to meet Dean here in St. Louis. (This was pre-children) He was here to play in a celebrity basketball game and some of the local FOLC's gathered together to meet him. We were given a room and everything. We had to wait about an hour for him, but it was nice to see some of the local fans. And of course Dean.

Someone made up a bunch of handkerchiefs with some Dean related work on it and we each were handed one for Dean to sign. We all lined up and the process started.

Dean: {brilliant smile}Hello.
FOLC: Uhhh, Hi.
Dean: {Smile get's bigger}Who should I make this out to?
FoLC: ...{first name}
Then he would sign it, hand it to the FOLC and then give them a quick kiss on the cheek.

This went on for about 20 minutes, then it was my turn. Elisabeth had just gone before me.

Dean: {smile} Hello.
Me: Hi. You can make it out to James. I'm her (I point to Elisabeth) husband.
Dean: {ever so slight blink} Sure! {He signs the handkerchief hands it to me, we have an awkward moment of what to do next, then he and I raise our hands together to shake.}

Life continued on.

It was great! He really is such a nice man.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
What a great New Year's gift for you, Jenn! smile

Mona

Blogger
Blogger
You're so lucky! Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.

"Super-villain Bizarro am concoct diabolical plot. Me am destroy world, then appoint self king-boss ruler of nothing!"
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Yay! smile1

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jenn - First of all, thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us. He sounds as charming in person as he looks. Congrats on your successful visit with him and at getting the very nice pix.

Second:
OMIGOSH!! He smelled you!!! Just think about this for a minute. Particles of YOU were actually processed through Dean's olfactory system.... yeah, I think I would faint right there.
LOL! TEEEEEEEEJ, you are a riot. I practically busted a gut over that. lol

And James:
Me: Hi. You can make it out to James. I'm her (I point to Elisabeth) husband.
Dean: {ever so slight blink} Sure! {He signs the handkerchief hands it to me, we have an awkward moment of what to do next, then he and I raise our hands together to shake.
Very sensible answer to the kiss-conundrum. You wouldn't have wanted to make Elisabeth jealous. wink

BJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by BJ:
Very sensible answer to the kiss-conundrum. You wouldn't have wanted to make Elisabeth jealous. wink
*lol* laugh laugh

Originally posted by EditorJax :
He stands up and puts his arm around me for a picture,
so where's that pic? smile

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Features Writer
Features Writer
Jenn...you are very lucky you got to meet Dean a couple of weeks back. I was sooo bummed that I couldn't make it that day because I had to work. I was in the bathroom getting ready for work when I heard a commerical on the radio about Dean being in town that next day. I thought I was dreaming, so I rushed to the internet for some research! Getting to Tukwila would've been a breeze for me too, because it would've taken just about a 20 minute bus ride. My year had ended so badly, that seeing Dean would have made things a bit brighter. frown I admire him so much as an actor and as a person.

I think the stress of the last few weeks caused me to catch this nasty cold. Not to mention work, I was really sick and I didn't want Dean or anyone else there to catch the nasty virus I had! clap

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
LoisLane9397, that is cool you met Dean's brother. I enjoy his music on YouTube.

I see you're in Bellevue. Very nice! I am a big fan of Bellevue Square, not such a big fan of the traffic. I generally stay on the other side of Lake Washington unless I'm in the mood for serious retail therapy with a side of road rage.

So I noticed you're a journalist, too? What paper do you work at?

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by EditorJax:
So I noticed you're a journalist, too? What paper do you work at?
LOL! I wish I worked for a paper, but I haven't been a journalist since my college days. Right now, I work for Verizon Wireless in customer service, but if anyone offered me a job at any newspaper, I'd jump at the chance immediately! laugh That was one of the many reasons I was drawn to the LnC tv show. I've been a newshound and I really enjoy the stress of paper deadlines.

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I really enjoy the stress of paper deadlines
Trust me, after nearly four years of deadlines, there are nights when I wouldn't wish this profession on my worst enemy. wink

Features Writer
Features Writer
I guess I'd still like a crack at it because I enjoyed the deadlines when I was attending college. wink Maybe that's the reason why I'm the editor of my own amateur fan magazine. I think I like "cracking the whip!" dance

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard