Print Thread
#214331 12/30/07 04:44 AM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well... they are actually called "mammatus clouds". But unless my extremely rudimentary knowledge of Latin lets me down completely, "mamma" and "mammal" and such words have to do with breasts, so I'm just assuming that "mammatus" does, too. And surely you can admit that the clouds in this picture look like a cornucopia of breasts? laugh

Mammatus clouds over Mexico

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Er...breasts weren't the first things that popped into my mind, to be honest. But then, I am a woman, and a rather pervy one. blush blush

That actually looks downright disturbing. It's like the clouds are about to fall down on our heads or something. I've never seen something like that in real life.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Looks more like a cornucopia of bum cheeks to me! laugh

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That's what it looked like to me too...among other things. laugh blush

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Seems like we have different points of view. At first sight the clouds looked to me as pieces of cotton put together, somewhat gave me the feeling that they were so close to us that we could touch the sky with our hands, literally. cool

Then after observing it some minutes I saw what gr8shadesofElvis saw goofy

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Seems like the breast clouds were gone for a few hours and replaced with a picture of a starry sky with a comet... well, the clouds are back now. I agree with Carolyn that they make the sky seem to hang so low that you could touch it. Of course I agree with Gr8shadesofelvis, too, that they look like bum cheeks more than breasts, since they are missing the natural "center point" of a breast. But hey, they are called "mammatus clouds", breast clouds, not... whatever "bum cheek clouds" would be in Latin! laugh

And Hasini, I think I know what you mean, too. This is a statue of Athena, the Greek godess:

[Linked Image]

Athena is covered in what I take to be offerings, among them round male organs that you cut off when you turn a bull into an ox... if you know what I mean. blush

I can imagine what the Latin name for that kind of clouds would be, but don't expect me to spell it out in this G-rated folder! laugh

Ann

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard