Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey guys. smile

Just a quick question. Can anyone please help me out with a link to a free DVD writing programme? My DVD writer didn't come with anything.

I've been using AVMedia's programme, but that recently needed an update and their update thingie doesn't work and there no longer seems to be any form of the particular programme I was using available.

Anyway, I would prefer a programme that wasn't just a 20 day (or however many days) trial. And I need it to be able to write avi files to a DVD.

Can anyone help me out? Please? smile

Thanks guys. I hope you know of something, because I've tried searching on Google and haven't gotten anywhere...

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Check the thread in the Techie Help or whatever the forum is right below this one. The thread about DVD-R/RWs has some info in it.

For ripping DVDs [mostly kids as my kids are hard on them and Disney can be hard to replace] I use a combo of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink but others had other info on there.

Haven't done any home videos etc yet so can't help you there.
Carol

Kerth
Kerth
Look for someone who sells computer components and is offering "Nero 7 Essentials DVD / CD Copying Software (OEM)" - it's usually pretty cheap because it's the version of Nero that comes free with a lot of drives, and should do everything you want. They're not really supposed to sell it on its own, but that seems to be ignored more often than not.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks for replying, Carol. I checked the post about DVD-RWs etc before posting, but there didn't seem to be anything that would help me in there. I already use DVD Decrypter for ripping DVDs. I really just want something for burning them. smile

Thanks also, Marcus. I may have to check out that, but if it is possible to find something free... wink

~Anna.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Will Decrypter work for anything as long as it is the right kind of file? I have no clue - and no clue how to make it the right kind of file...

*shrug*
Carol

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Almost every software is available on the Internet for free! If you want I'll try to search something for you...

It's all available as torrents and can be easily cracked using a serial key, even if you get hold of only a trial version. But you may require a broadband, because such softwares usually are a collection of very large files.

Again, all this supposed to be illegal, but no one seems to care! wink My hubby's a wiz in doing all this for me, so I haven't myself done this so far.

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by princessanna:
Thanks also, Marcus. I may have to check out that, but if it is possible to find something free... wink

~Anna.
It's selling at about £6 ($12) in the UK, so it's not exactly a major expense.

Marcus L. Rowland
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
DVD Decrypter can burn images. Back in the days when I used both DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter, I would mostly use DVDShrink to burn and shrink all in one step. But in a lot of cases, DVDShrink would crash.

In those cases, I'd use DVD Decrypter to first rip it to an ISO image and would then use the same program to burn it to disk. It works well and has never crashed on me nor has it ever produced a coaster.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
It's selling at about £6 ($12) in the UK
Wow, that's cheap! Over here it's more like $80 NZD at least. Which is much more than three times £6 (usually you can easily convert pounds to NZD by multiplying them by three).

Unfortunately I just don't have the extra money to spend on Nero right now. Too many Christmas expenses at this point in time. But maybe later on I'll stretch to it. smile

~Anna.

Kerth
Kerth
OEM versions of software tend to be pretty cheap if you can find someone selling them; they're only supposed to be sold bundled with computers or computer components, but sometimes distributors end up with extra copies that find their way onto the market.

I can't recall any time I haven't seen this version of Nero on sale very cheaply, and I suspect that the manufacturers have decided that it's better to get their percentage of a cheap sale than nothing for a pirated copy. I don't know what the situation is in New Zealand, but I'd be surprised if you can't get it somewhere. Try computer markets and online sources.

Marcus L. Rowland

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard