K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Yay!!! You finished and posted!!! smile1

It's about the woman Superman's obsessed with. What will he do? How will I react? There's going to be a lot of interest in us. Oh, joy.
Awww! Poor Lois! Bet she didn't think of that when she went for that interview. <g>

I've seen it before -- who hasn't? -- but this time I know who's impersonating me. It's, well, me -- but me from an alternate universe, apparently. Maybe that explains the hair.
ROTFL!!!!!! razz

Clark rubs my arm in silent sympathy. "You'll get it back, if you want it. And..." he hesitates, and I look up at him. "Well," he continues, looking earnest and just a bit embarrassed, "she's not going to steal your current guy."
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the look, *love* what he says!!!! *huge waffy SIGH*

Now there's an entertaining mental image. And it'll be on tape. Maybe I'll forgive Molly after all.
*snicker*

Clark gives me a gentle squeeze. "You couldn't. Luthor had spies everywhere, and if he'd realized you were still alive..."
Nice excuse! <g>

"Yeah," Clark says, "but not to Molly -- to her audience. He was a little weak in the married women demographic last time."

Unbelievable.
LOL!!!

"What?" I stare at the screen, surprised, touched, and... now that I think about it... just a little cynical. "He never mentioned that to *me.*"
Awww! Lois, don't be cynical!

"Actually, no..." He looks really touched. I guess he's not had a lot of people comment on his non-super talents lately.
Awwww!!! *sniff*

I grin at him. "I'll say this, it's never been boring. Of course, I've only known you a week..."

"And we haven't really had a lot of time together, what with one thing and another. But after today, we won't have to sneak around so much. Lots of time to get bored."
LOL!

"Just make sure you look the part. You know, totally smitten but entirely respectful of my personhood, etc, etc."

"Totally smitten?" He asks, grinning. "I don't know, that might be overstating things a bit... and you've got to let a guy keep his dignity."

I put on a big sigh. "Okay, fine, be partially smitten in a dignified way, then. Now go!"
ROTFL!!!! Very cute!!!

When I was in Europe, I missed my life, friends, family... but I could go on without them. I'm starting to suspect the same wouldn't be true if I lost him.

I'll just have to make sure I never lose him.
AWWWW!!!!

Now that I know him, I can see he's still a little embarrassed at all this attention. He hides it well, though.
Love that. Really, really love that. It's *so* Clark and one of his most endearing qualities.

Clark smiles at her. I'd probably have called it a warm smile, before. Now I notice that his eyes aren't crinkling with it, as they do when he smiles at me.
Awww!!!

He nods permission, his smile fading, and I remember he said he hated TV interviews. Poor guy.
Awww! Yeah, poor guy.

I know that's a good answer -- reasonable -- but still, I'm a little disappointed to hear him say he's not in love with me. Although he *has* met me, so I guess the question's beside the point. Right? This secret identity thing gets complicated.
Awww. Poor Lois. Don't worry. wink

I yank my eyes back up to his face and find that he's smiling at me. Eye crinkles and all.
GAH!!! I won't tell you that I'm a huge sap and that my eyes got all happy teary at that... cause that would be embarrassing. wink

"We'll be right back -- don't any of you disappear."
Har! Nice diction considering... wink

"Well, that depends." Might as well get this over with. I turn to face Clark, looking as serious as I can. "Are you or are you not an obsessed lunatic?"

He matches my serious expression, but his lips twitch. "That would be... not."
rotflol

I ignore him, intent on Clark. "If I say I never want to see you again, what will you do?"

His eyes are dancing. "Try to stay out of your way."

"If I start dating some ordinary Joe?"

He gives a tiny choke but manages to keep a straight face. "I'd hope you and he were very happy together."
I'm rolling over here!!! rotflol This is great!!!

"I would be delighted," he replies with aplomb.

I turn back to Molly. "Yeah, I'm thinking there'll be a first date."
AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Very cute!!

I sit back, feeling drained by my big television debut, but happy. I look at Clark and smile. We're now officially at the beginning.
Awwww!!! Great tag line!! *sigh*

Pam, this was so great! Light and funny and waffy!! And... I know you mentioned on IRC calling it "My Trilogy" or something to that effect... but can this *pretty* please be one of those trilogies that has more than three stories? grovel You really can't stop here!!

Now I'm off to class... but at least I've got a huge smile on my face and a light heart! laugh

Sara (who will not take any flack for how long this is... it's not like I quoted the *whole* story wink )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Woo hoo! Now they can start officially dating. Speaking of which, do we get the story about that first date? hyper

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww sweet!

They are sooo cute together! Great job!

MORE, MORE!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my god, the first two parts were fun to read but this one tops it all. Great! It's amazing how 'innocent' they were flirting on air - to the average viewer that must have sounded hilarious.

What I miss a bit are some (more) sour feelings between Lois and Linda, after Linda stretching out her hand towards Lois and her obviously not taking it there was no more frown

It's a pleasure how you've managed to write a short feel-good story with a little bit of plot. A continuation would surely be nice.

Top Banana
Top Banana
WOW! smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aaaawww... *pause* Awwwww... thumbsup

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, Pam... I think this is as adorable on the second and third look as I did on the first! smile You manage to say so much about Clark and about Perry in so few words; I'm in awe. smile

Chris

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Pam, I love you!! Another story from that universe!! And it's just as great as the other two, if not even more!

Keep it up!
See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Too, too adorable. Just lovely. smile

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Loved this story. Every single word of it. Just delightful!

You set the stage nicely (no pun intended smile ) and gave us so much information about this universe in such a low-key way. Well done! (And I loved the way Lois was able to get her revenge on Linda, LOL!)

I really hope you decide to continue in this universe. It's just sweet and fun and so enjoyable. First date? Lois coming back to the DP? (Take *that*, Linda! wink ) Meeting Lois's family? So many possibilities.

But no matter what you decide to do with it in the future, this story was a great read. smile

Kathy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That was just adorable! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
Good story!!

Do we get to read the first date? wink

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This whole thing was so creative and clever and really really wonderful! laugh

I'm with everyone else... I wanna see a first date!!! smile1

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
I love it, Pam!! Just as great as the first two in the trilogy (although I wouldn't mind if it was more than a trilogy wink )!

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back after almost a week away and gradually managing to catch up - there are so many stories and story segments I just won't be able to post feedback to. frown But I couldn't let this one pass by, Pam, since I enjoyed the first two so much.

Adored it. Loved it from start to finish! The idea of the TV show was clever to start with (and Molly Flynn! LOL! laugh ), but then you had Lois watching it from backstage and Clark creeping in to be with her. So lovely. Lots of WAFFy moments in there! twins

Really, really nice. And I too wouldn't be averse to another story in the series!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, y'all smile blush

Sara, your level of detail in FDK never fails to amaze... you are a national treasure! <g>

sad, but accurate touch that he never wears his glasses anymore. Makes me feel so sad for this Clark all over again. Yeah, yeah... I know he has Lois now... but he - they - will never have anonymity again.
Well, true... but on the other hand, they'll never have trouble with rumors of Lois cheating on Clark with Superman goofy

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We'll be right back -- don't any of you disappear."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Har! Nice diction considering...
<snicker> I'm glad someone caught that...

I know you mentioned on IRC calling it "My Trilogy" or something to that effect... but can this *pretty* please be one of those trilogies that has more than three stories? You really can't stop here!!
I can't? You're sure? Well... there are a few ideas perking around in my brain. So we'll see.

(rofl at your "Will & Grace" signature, Sara!)

Woo hoo! Now they can start officially dating. Speaking of which, do we get the story about that first date?
Glad you liked it, Nan! smile And... well, see above.

MORE, MORE!
I'm starting to sense a theme here... wink Thanks, Liz smile

What I miss a bit are some (more) sour feelings between Lois and Linda, after Linda stretching out her hand towards Lois and her obviously not taking it there was no more
Bettina, welcome to the boards -- I'm flattered to get one of your first posts! True, there wasn't a big squash of Linda. I was concentrating on the humor at the end, there, and didn't want it to be mean-spirited. But hey, she was snubbed on live TV; that's gotta hurt a little.

Ankit & Cherry, thanks! smile

Chris, thank you -- I really admire your writing, so it's a thrill to get compliments from you!

Thanks, Anna... and Sherry, you de-lurked! You should do that more often wink

KathyB, thanks... it's been fun. And yes, there are lots of possibilities, aren't there? Maybe I should just leave it open-ended so everyone can imagine their own continuations... <g>

Thanks, Laura -- and Jose, I don't know yet if you'll see the first date. And it's not even really a first date, is it? So it'd probably just be boring...

Thanks Nicole & Laura -- you gals are good for my ego!

Welcome back, Wendy smile

The idea of the TV show was clever to start with (and Molly Flynn! LOL! ), but then you had Lois watching it from backstage and Clark creeping in to be with her.
Yeah, the TV show idea kind of surprised me, too -- but the first draft set in a press conference just wasn't working. And this whole series started, for me, with the image of alt-Lois sitting on the sidelines, studying Clark from a safe anonymous distance. So this seemed a natural continuation. Actually, if you'll recall, I'd been ready to ditch this one, too, <g> but some of you kindly said I was doing a good job with the chat show format, so that encouraged me enough to get me through.

Anyway... I really appreciate each and every one of you, and if I do write another story in this series, you'll be the first ones to know laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice story addition!!

more from this universe would be nice.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL, this one is just as good, if not even better, than the first two! Quite cute, great light humor, and some really neat lines. But I'm afraid I don't have much new to say, though--everyone pretty much summed it up (especially Sara), and I have to go pack to fly home tomorrow (done with school for the year!), and I really should be getting UP from the computer and not "wasting my time", as my parents call it. laugh
I also am jumping on the "More!" bandwagon--'twould be a shame to end it here.
Again, a wonderful ficcy--loved it!

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was great, Pam! thumbsup

I really enjoyed it. There's will be a follow-up, yes? Please? Pretty please? grovel

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

WOW! This is great. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it and would love another story in this series.

Tricia cool

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard