Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
alcyone Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So I know I saw someone post something about it, but I forgot who since I see nothing in Off Topic. In any case, I've been meaning to ask if there's fans of the series--I just finished watching a marathon of it (both seasons) recently and it completely blew me away. I haven't been this impressed by a series since X-Files.

For those of you who don't know, Dexter is a Showtime series and not for the kiddies. The protagonist the series gets its name from (played by the incredibly talented and well-built Michael C Hall of 'Six Feet Under' fame) works for the Miami PD Forensics by day and by night unleashes his inner serial killer on unsuspecting murderers in a flamboyant I-am-a-monster-and-damn-proud way.

The thing is that his day self seems super well adjusted. Dexter is almost nerdy, has a quirky foul-mouthed sister who's a cop, a girl friend with two kids and coworkers who are fond of him, despite how much he flatly reminds us that he is "empty inside." He also has an incredibly ironic sense of humor, which shows up when you least expect it.

Anyway I know some folcs mentioned an interest in serial killers ages ago with some Smallville episode about a psycho or something. This series is definitely worth checking out for anyone with those sorts of gritty tastes (and anyone who loves a good anti-hero). It's a fascinating, riveting character study-- and it's available online. laugh

I heard CBS wants to run it next year. I admit to snickering, but after how Sex in the City was tamed, I suppose this is possible too (mainly there's a lot of cursing). wink

Promo pic:

[Linked Image]

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Features Writer
Features Writer
LOL! When you said Dexter, I was thinking Dexter's Laboratory! It sounds good though. If they have it at Blockbuster, I'll have to get my hubby to check it out. We're big fans of the weekend HBO series marathon.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh I love serial killers. LOL that sounds so twisted when I say it! Anyway, it would be great if CBS gave it a try sometime!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh I love serial killers.
Me too! I've got some sick fascination with them. This show sounds right up my alley. Thanks!! thumbsup

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Kerth
Kerth
I've written some Dexter fanfic, 100-word crossover drabbles (With Angel and CSI)

A Problem Shared (Dexter / CSI Miami)
Why Do You Do The Things You Do? (Angel / Dexter)
Family Lawyer (Dexter / Angel) - spoilers for Dexter S1

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just bought the first season.

Everyone keeps telling me that I'll love it, so we'll see...

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard