Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
As far as I'm concerned, Terry Pratchett is one of the greatest satirists of this century. And now it appears that the adventurers of his Discworld universe will have to go in for early retirement.

Pratchett Announces He Has Alzheimer\'s

Pfft! If anyone can beat this, Pterry can. He'll die with a pen in his hand, as surely as Sam Vimes is going to go out with his badge on his chest and Granny Weatherwax with her black hat on perched on her head.

Also, his statement is issued in with admirable style and uniquely Pratchettian graciousness.

"I am not dead"

Long live (and write) the maestro!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I was somewhat dismayed to read this on teletext earlier this morning. Alzheimer's must be one of the most unfair of diseases and it's depressing that such an original and quirky mind as Terry's should be struck down by it.

Glad to hear he's in fighting mood though.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard