Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Speaking of Bones... laugh

For those of you who wondered how Booth wound up with Bones' gum in the last episode, check out http://www.fox.com/bones/ for some behind-the-scenes footage. wink

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know what you mean, LabRat, but more of the opposite. [Razz] I just started watching Buffy after I watched Bones, and now I can't fit DB as Angel because I expect him to act like Booth.
LOL. Must just be one of those unfortunate actors, I guess.

Maybe I should download a recent episode of Bones. Perhaps if I see this chemistry well established and sparking at its best, rather than in its fledgling state in a pilot or early on, that might jog me past this. <g>

ETA: Searching around, I've just realised this is based on the novels of Kathy Reich. I've read a couple of these and though I wouldn't call her one of my favourite authors, some of them have been fairly enjoyable. Maybe it's an omen. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
I agree with Tank...

Rob Estes and Mitzi Kapture, Chris & Rita on Silk Salkings and David James Elliott and Catherine Bell, Rabb and Mac on JAG!

But of course the number one best chemistry and sexual tension...Dean & Teri, Lois & Clark!

That's it...that's why I watch stupid shows!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG!! I forgot JD and Turk on SCRUBS!!

And JD and Dr. Cox

And JD and Elliot

And JD and the Janitor....

I think just JD and everybody
Ahh! I forgot them too! Yes...JD and everybody else in the Scrubs cast. smile

And since I'm just watching the 1st season of Boston Legal on DVD, I'll second that vote for William Shatner and James Spader.

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Matt Ashford and Missy Reeves

http://www.denialville.com/vclips.asp

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jack+jennifer+dool&search=Search

Matt Ashford/Steve Nichols (as brothers)

james marsters/anthony stewart head (not slash - just love Spike/Giles interactions)

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Lady Mirth:

I was going to mention Remington Steele but they beat me to it ... I am so going to hunt down that series now.

Likewise Ben Browder and Claudia Black.

How could you not know the connection between Full House and the Olsens?

Michelle Pfeffier as Catwoman and Michael Keaton as Batman in Batman Returns.

Kirk Cameron .... need I say more?

And Sixteen Candles - Molly Ringwald and what's his name.

And I remember Small Wonder - damn it, that's another show I have to go find now.

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, since the show Moonlight started 3 weeks ago here in Germany I have to dig out this thread to add Mick and Beth. Every time I see them on TV, I want to melt in a puddle of goo *dreamily sigh*

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Columnist
Columnist
Oh I love these two:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Also from McLeod's daughters goofy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Columnist
Columnist
Ooo! This looks like fun.

I have to agree with House and Wilson for good chemistry. (as you can maybe tell by my sig) The dialogue between the two of them is just so great. Wonderfully snappy.

I also have to mention Dwight and Angela from The Office. The nonverbal communication between the two of them is outstanding, and the way they hide their relationship from all the other workers is hilarious!

Columnist
Columnist
My past favs were all listed, Laura and Remington , Lee and Amanda and David and Maddie.

I do have to add the chemistry between Robert Wagner and Stepahnie Powers in Hart to Hart!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by dcarson:
Best on screen chemistry? Mythbusters, ranges from hot to down right explosive. jump
LOL! That's a riot!!!

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't remember what their real names are, but Rose Tyler and The Doctor were smashing!

[Linked Image]

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's Billie Piper and David Tennant. And if you like that screencap, I think you may enjoy the final episode of S4 smile

I also think that she had fantastic chemistry with the Ninth Doctor, Chris Eccleston:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say the following have good on screen chemistry:

The Doctor and Rose from Doctor Who.

The original cast of Sliders.

Sam and Al in Quantum Leap.

Harry, Ron and Hermionie in the Harry Potter series.

A
Blogger
Blogger
A
Just de-lurking for a bit to echo Remington and Laura and Robert Wagner/Stefanie Powers in "Hart to Hart!" My summer job is kind enough (and mind-numbing enough) to let me watch tv online while I work, so I've been watching all these old shows and just discovered "Remington Steele" and "Hart to Hart"--they're wonderful! I love the banter and the chemistry...it's made my work days (semi-)fun. smile *goes back to lurking*

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm currently reading one of Val McDermid's Carol Jordan/Tony Hill books and that reminded me of some sizzling on-screen chemistry between those two in the TV serialisation of these - Wire In the Blood.

There's a wonderful scene in one of the early adaptations where Tony, Carol and another police officer are standing on a stair landing discussing a case. Carol takes a cigarette from the officer and absently, without pausing in what he's saying, Tony casually reaches out and removes it from her mouth before she can light it up. It's a delightfully intimate moment, which perfectly illustrates their relationship at that point.

In another scene, they're lying on Carol's living room floor, side by side, going over evidence papers and they have a conversation on two levels which is about the case and professional but which has an underlying, personal sexual meaning and, hoo boy, does the UST come sizzling off the screen. [Linked Image]

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
RE: The discussion about David Boreanaz as Booth and Angel

I love both the Buffyverse and Bones, and I've never had a problem distinguishing between the characters, but I've heard a LOT of people say that once they've watched one, they can't see him as the other. I find it odd because the two characters are like night and day (literally!), but it's definitely a widespread issue.

Labby - if you're still interested in seeing some later episodes of Bones where the chemistry is more established, try this series of eps:

1.10 The Woman at the Airport
1.15 Two Bodies in the Lab
1.19 The Man in the Morgue
1.22 The Woman in Limbo

That's probably a good taste of their relationship. By the middle/end of season one the banter is pretty established, but it does get even better in season two, so if you like those, you'll love season two.

~Anna

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Do I need to say anything more about Lois & Clark and Dean and Teri (hey, didn't they make that episode? laugh )? Nah... But other great screen "couples":
My favorite TV show of all time is Babylon 5, where there is terrific chemistry between a lot of the characters.
[Linked Image]
John and Delenn -- the primary romantic couple
Add Susan Ivanova and Marcus Cole to that. They were great together, and I'd like to have seen more. Marcus' snarky comments to Susan as his straight-woman (with a temper), coupled with the vulnerability that they both had, but hid desperately, made them a treat to watch, even for the relatively small amount of screen time that they had. And I wish that there hadn't been that silly disagreement that led to Claudia Christian bailing out at the end of the 4th season, if only because I would have loved to have seen her in Day of the Dead instead of Lochley; does anyone not think that her visitor would have been Marcus?
Londo and G'Kar, ambassadors from two warring races whose very adversarial relationship took a number of surprising twists and turns over the course of the series.
Yes, everything from slapstick humour to literally trying to kill each other, and then ultimately becoming friendly enemies, or perhaps quarrelsome friends; they were wonderful foils for one another, both personally and as leaders of their respective races.
And a L&C link: Tracy Scoggins showed up on the 5th Season of the show as the space station commander, 4 years after leaving L&C...
Yes, I was glad JMS kept her on into Crusade and semi-paired her up with Matthew Gideon. They were a good team, and I'd like to have seen their relationship develop as the story arc progressed.

Plus, as a starship junkie, I'd've liked to see something like a Drakh attack on B5 -- "Severed Dreams" but with the station and the Excalibur fighting together... and they could always have had Ivanova's Warlock-class ship there too. Well, I can dream. wink

But I digress... so who else had good screen chemistry? Well, here's a mouldy oldie that might not qualify since the characters aren't actually played by people, and all the chemistry was in the script and voice acting: Lady Penelope and Parker from Thunderbirds. Even in the recent movie when they were real people, they acted everyone else off the screen.

Or, since we're going back to older shows, how about Rock Hudson and Susan St James as McMillan and Wife, not least because, IIRC, it was the first US TV series that dared, or was allowed, to show a married couple in bed together. More to the point, I remember the episodes being both good mysteries/police procedurals and having good character development, and Mac, Sally, Charlie and Mildred were fun to watch, both in action and at home.

I could probably think of more if I tried, but most have already been mentioned.

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Merriwether
Merriwether
I have so many favourites. Some mentioned here. I like the relationship between Jude and Tommy on 'Instant Star'. It's not always sweet, but I like how those two interact.

[Linked Image]

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Meredith and Derek from Grey's Anatomy are scorching.

Loved Lois and Clark, obviously smile

I was a huge fan of Angel and Buffy, and am a huge fan of Booth and Brennan on Bones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard