Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#214010 11/25/07 08:33 AM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Well I hope someone knows what I'm taking about. To those who do - cheer really hard for Stegall and Dinwiddie.

Well today is the Grey Cup. That's the cup for the CFL\'s (Canadian Football League top team. This year it is the first time where the two main Prairie teams competing. The Saskatchewan Roughriders vs the Winnipeg Blue Bombers!!! (Yes Alberta can be considered a prarie province, but they have oil. :p )

The CFL is the equivalent to the NFL in the USA, but it is much smaller, the rules and playing field are a bit different and our ball is bigger.

I hope we don't loose. Our quarterback broke his arm last game frown

If there are any people out there that are fans of the Roughriders. razz razz razz razz razz

So many reasons thought to love the fact that it is Sask and Wpg:

- Prairie teams kicked out the large cities in Cda, like BC Lions, Toronto Argos, Hamilton Tiger Cats. I'm sure the marketing teams and TV execs would have loved Toronto being there. I guess and probably so do they, are missing out on $$$$ because it's us and not them in it.

- The Saskatchewan jokes. I just love them.

- We have a huge rivalry.

- And despite me not wanting them to win, I am proud Sask have made it this far. Their fans are so dedicated. Despite the fact they have not won it since 1989(?) and have only made it once (??) to the finals, the fans are behind them all the time with their enthusiasm and ticket sales. No other CFL team can boast that. If they didn't, that team would have folded. If any other team was against them, I'd cheer them on....don't tell anyone that though. :p

WIN IT FOR STEGALL!!!!

[Linked Image]

party

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#214011 11/26/07 08:07 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Oh dear..... laugh

My husband wore his Greenie shirt to work last Monday (we live in BC so he was just rubbing his co-workers noses in it, some of them had been at the Western Final game), wore the shirt again when we were grocery shopping on Sunday morning (to a few hostile stares and more than a few thumbs up) and then through the game on CBC-HD. Walked out the door to the office this morning still wearing the Shirt, grinning ear-to-ear I am sure!

It's been a long, long drought for us Sask fans but baby, the champagne was flowing last night. goofy goofy goofy goofy goofy

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
#214012 11/26/07 01:45 PM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
thumbsup

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard