Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thought you might find this interesting:

Henry Jenkins, the Director of the MIT Comparative Media Studies Program and the Peter de Florez Professor of Humanities, summarizes the Ultimate Fan Experience in his blog, Confessions Of An Aca-Fan

And the fact the comments are pimping my reason for watching TV (Supernatural) in droves doesn't hurt my intense love for this man either. laugh

Still, what do you think, FoLCs? Do your current favourites share these fan-friendly traits?

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I like the professor's evaluation of fan-friendly media. And I agree in the main with his choices of shows which are fan-friendly. I do note that this particular blog entry is a year old, so the show-specific info is a bit dated, but it's still very interesting. And yes, he does describe "Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman" and the fanfiction community continuing the adventures quite well without ever mentioning the show by name.

Thanks for finding this and sharing it with us, Hasini.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard