Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sheila Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I got the attached email but just deleted it. I did not respond to it. If these people were really members of this website then they would know to email the moderator to request access. Right? What do you think this is about?

~Sheila

RE: [LCN Fanfic] wondering...‏
From: lcnfanfic@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Patti (janeway@infionline.net)
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: Wed 11/21/07 6:34 PM
Reply-to: lcnfanfic@yahoogroups.com
To: lcnfanfic@yahoogroups.com
You request it on the site.

----- Original Message -----
To: lcnfanfic@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 11/3/2007 12:52:06 AM
Subject: [LCN Fanfic] wondering...

Hi!

It's been awhile since I last logged onto the fanfiction
site, much more so onto the nfic one.

Computer problems mainly wiped out everything I had
including old fanfics including passwords and the likes
especially copies of my thesis. (I don't even want to go
thru the memory of what that particular morning was like.)

Which brings me to ask where and if I could get a hold of
the username and password for the nfic site...?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. smile

Thanks so much.

A.G.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it could be just what it seems - someone who's genuinely confused and who has just picked the first name they saw and emailed a fellow member to ask for directions. I get plenty of those myself, now and then. Some people are intimidated to email official channels and pick names they see on screen instead.

It could be someone fishing for the password - but then they'd probably just ask for the password. Not for directions on where to ask. And, since we don't use a password, they'd be out of luck there anyway. goofy

On balance, I'd say this is probably as innocent as it looks. Actually...I'm pretty sure I recognise that eddress as a recent member. Yup, just checked. They are a member and they do have nfic access - so they're probably just what they seem.

If you - or any other member - has any concerns about this kind of email though, best thing to do is just forward it to the admins using the link at the bottom of the forum. We'll check out the credentials and respond if required. smile

I'll respond to this one, so you don't need to worry about it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, it looks to me as if this email was sent to the old Yahoo nfic email list, not to you personally, Sheila. Sounds like the person has lost all their links and is trying to recreate them. At a guess, I'd say they were trying to find the Annesplace nfic archive...?

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard