Next Thread
Print Thread
#213832 11/16/07 11:18 AM
woody Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Got this in an e-mail.

These are documented statements actually found on patient's charts during a recent review of medical records. These statements were written by various health care professionals, which is kind of scary! Now, even if these are not true (but I'm sure they are) it's still pretty funny to think that these things were actually on someones chart!

-The baby was delivered, the cord clamped and cut and handed to the pediatrician, who breathed and cried immediately.

-Exam of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.

-The skin was moist and dry.

-Rectal exam revealed a normal size thyroid.

-She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life until 1989 when she got a divorce.

-The patient was in his usual state of good health until his airplane ran out of gas and crashed.

-I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.

-The patient lives at home with his mother, father, and pet turtle, who is presently enrolled in day care three times a week.

-Bleeding started in the rectal area and continued all the way to Los Angeles.

-She is numb from her toes down.

-Exam of genitalia was completely negative except for the right foot.

-While in the emergency room, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.

-The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.

-The patient was to have a bowel resection. However he took a job as a stockbroker instead.

-Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.

-Coming from Detroit, this man has no children.

-Examination reveals a well-developed male lying in bed with his family in no distress.

-Patient was alert and unresponsive.

-When she fainted, her eyes rolled around the room.

-She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very hot in bed last night.

-Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.

-On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.

-The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.

-The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.

-Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.

-Healthy appearing decrepit 69 year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.

-The patient refused autopsy.

-The patient has no previous history of suicides.

-Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.

-Patient's medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.

-Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.

-Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.

-Skin: somewhat pale but present.

-The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor.

-Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.

-Large brown stool ambulating in the hall.

-Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#213833 11/16/07 02:22 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Those are great, Woody! Having listened to doctors dictate diagnostic reports, I believe every one of them.

My favorite is
-Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
because - well, I'm a father who has had teenagers for far too long.

You know, maybe it just lets all of us know how difficult it is to write our thoughts clearly, even for those who are obviously intelligent in other areas. If that's true, these interesting notes should make every writer and beta reader feel much better.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#213834 11/16/07 03:27 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol

These remind me of the car insurance claims forms gathered by UK comedian Jasper Carrot many years ago.

"The accident happened because I had one eye on the lorry in front, one eye on the pedestrian and the other on the car behind."

"I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought."

"I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the hood. I realised the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket."

Q: Could either driver have done anything to avoid the accident? A: Travelled by bus?

The claimant had collided with a cow. The questions and answers on the claim form were - Q: What warning was given by you? A: Horn. Q: What warning was given by the other party? A: Moo.

"I started to turn and it was at this point I noticed a camel and an elephant tethered at the verge. This distraction caused me to lose concentration and hit a bollard."

"On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke."

"I didn't think the speed limit applied after midnight"

"I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk."

Q: Do you engage in motorcycling, hunting or any other pastimes of a hazardous nature? A: "I Watch the Lottery Show and listen to Terry Wogan."

"First car stopped suddenly, second car hit first car and a haggis ran into the rear of second car."

"Windscreen broken. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo."

"The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again"

"I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment."

"The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."

"I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way"

"A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face"

"A pedestrian hit me and went under my car"

"In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."

"I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car."

"I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident."

"An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished."

"I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."

"Coming home I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."

"I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it."

"The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."

"I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."

"As I approached an intersection a sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before."

"To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front I struck a pedestrian."

"My car was legally parked as it backed into another vehicle."

"I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull."

"I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."

"The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him."

"I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car."

"The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."

"The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out of the way when I struck the front end."

"The gentleman behind me struck me on the backside. He then went to rest in a bush with just his rear end showing. "

"I had been learning to drive with power steering. I turned the wheel to what I thought was enough and found myself in a different direction going the opposite way."

"I was backing my car out of the driveway in the usual manner, when it was struck by the other car in the same place it had been struck several times before."

"When I saw I could not avoid a collision I stepped on the gas and crashed into the other car."

"The accident happened when the right front door of a car came round the corner without giving a signal."

"No one was to blame for the accident but it would never have happened if the other driver had been alert."

"I was unable to stop in time and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for a vacation with injuries."

"The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him."

"I saw her look at me twice. She appeared to be making slow progress when we met on impact."

"The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle."

"My car got hit by a submarine." (The Navy informed the wife of a submariner that the craft was due in port. She drove to the base to meet her husband and parked at the end of the slip where the sub was to berth. An inexperienced ensign was conning the sub and it rammed the end of the slip, breaking a section away, causing her car to fall into the water. The Navy paid the compensation claim.)
LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#213835 11/16/07 04:52 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
It's a good thing Lois and Clark aren't insurance adjustors. They'd never get any work done for laughing so hard all day.

But if they were adjustors, we could get another story like "Gripe Sheet" out of it, don't you think? Or maybe they could investigate some insurance company and go undercover as adjustors?

Sounds like a challenge to me. Any takers?

Oh, Labby, my eyes nearly fell out of my head when I read the last one. Imagine a car being hit by a submarine! I bet the sub's captain wasn't laughing, though, nor was the base commander. That ensign is probably signing requisitions for office supplies now.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#213836 11/16/07 06:34 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

(Now these are my kind of jokes - and as a teacher, I'm so aware that people really do make these kind of awful grammar and other kinds of language mistakes. "The count walked up and down his verandah with his hands on his back, reading his newspaper" or "The founder of Islam was Muhammed Ali and the founder of Protestatism was Martin Luther King" - I've actually seen the last one myself in a student essay - well, that's just so hilarious!!! lol )

And Labby, that list was just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! As for myself, I once collided with a park car which had the impertinance of coming my way as I was concentrating on an irritating bag hanging from my bicycle handlebars....

Ann

#213837 11/29/07 06:57 AM
Q
Qex Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Q
Here's my addition to the madness:

These are from a book called Disorder in the American Courts, and are things people actually said in court, word for word, recorded and now published by court reporters that had the torment of staying calm while these exchanges were actually taking place:

ATTORNEY: This myasthenia gravis, does it affect your memory at all?
WITNESS: Yes.
ATTORNEY: And in what ways does it affect your memory?
WITNESS: I forget.
ATTORNEY: You forget? Can you give us an example of something you forgot?

ATTORNEY: What was the first thing your husband said to you that morning?
WITNESS: He said, "Where am I, Cathy?"
ATTORNEY: And why did that upset you?
WITNESS: My name is Susan!

ATTORNEY: Do you know if your daughter has ever been involved in voodoo?
WITNESS: We both do.
ATTORNEY: Voodoo?
WITNESS: We do.
ATTORNEY: You do?
WITNESS: Yes, voodoo.

ATTORNEY: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep,
he doesn't know about it until the next morning?
WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

ATTORNEY: Were you present when your picture was taken?
WITNESS: Are you ****tin' me?

ATTORNEY: So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?
ATTORNEY: And what were you doing at that time?
WITNESS: Uh.... I was gettin' laid!

ATTORNEY: She had three children, right?
ATTORNEY: How many were boys?
WITNESS: None.
ATTORNEY: Were there any girls?
WITNESS: Are you ****tin' me? Your Honour, I think I need a different
attorney. Can I get a new attorney?

ATTORNEY: How was your first marriage terminated?
WITNESS: By death.
ATTORNEY: And by whose death was it terminated?
WITNESS: Now whose death do you suppose terminated it?

ATTORNEY: Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?
WITNESS: No, this is how I dress when I go to work.

ATTORNEY: Doctor, how many of your autopsies have you performed on dead people?
WITNESS : All my autopsies are performed on dead people. Would you like to rephrase that?

ATTORNEY: ALL your responses MUST be oral, OK? What school did you go to?
WITNESS: Oral.

ATTORNEY: Do you recall the time that you examined the body?
WITNESS: The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.
ATTORNEY: And Mr. Denton was dead at the time?
WITNESS: No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy on him!

ATTORNEY: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
WITNESS: Huh....are you qualified to ask that question?

ATTORNEY: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?
WITNESS: No.
ATTORNEY: Did you check for blood pressure?
ATTORNEY: Did you check for breathing?
ATTORNEY: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
ATTORNEY: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
WITNESS: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

ATTORNEY: I see, but could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?
WITNESS: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practising law.

#213838 11/29/07 04:41 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ROTFL Qex!!!

The last one is just hillarious!

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard