Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#213762 11/13/07 06:33 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi folc's,

Okay, I have have to do an art project with school and we got a couple of options we could choose from. Like Utopia, wich is the one I choose. (I thought it would be a nice subject, something dreamy something you can't have...plus it was never mentioned on LnC, right?)

After that I searched internet for inspiration but apparently Utopia is also a game goofy

So I was actually wondering what Utopia was for you guys, and maybe that will give me some inspiration.

We have to make different rough versions to begin with. So far I'm thinking about sun-sets/rise a happy family together maybe a garden full of candy (yummy!)... I know that Utopia is a different thing for everybody, but if you have a idea, let me know... please??

Thank you smile

-Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#213763 11/13/07 09:21 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Utopia was mentioned on LnC. It was never shown, but it was mentioned. Utopia would be a place where crime is extremely low, and people try to make each other's life as happy as can be.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#213764 11/13/07 10:09 AM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
To me Utopia would be a place where people live, work, learn, and play together in peace and with respect for each other and animals. Abuse in all its forms is no more as is disease. Kindness not money would rule. I think most of all everyone truly loves and feels loved and valued by at least one person.

Yeah, unlimited ice cream without weight gain would be nice, too, lol. smile

Mona

#213765 11/13/07 10:43 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I read passages from the first Utopia (written by Thomas More, aka Thomas Morus). And, truth to be told, I didn't like it particularly much. More isn't considered the inventor of communism for nothing. And, if Tempus' Utopia is anything like that, he has my full sympathy.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#213766 11/13/07 11:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I second Mona's idea of Utopia. I think it would be where you could eat anything you want and never gain a pound. laugh I picture it looking something like New Zealand and maybe a little bit of the futuristic society from Demolition Man (not all of it- it had a little bit of 1984 goin on too). But everything was clean, automated, and peaceful. *sigh*

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#213767 11/13/07 07:34 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks for sharing some ideas!! I really appriciate this.
The project start today with making a couple of versions... so I will see if I can get any of you ideas in a drawing.

-Camy

ETA: 11-18 I think I'll make my own version of this:
[Linked Image] It's a challenge smile

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard