Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A very, very basic plot point of tonight's episode of Smallville I found interesting:

A comic book film was being shot in SV about a character named "Warrior Angel". The online fandom for Warrior Angel is upset and angry because the movie isn't staying true to the comics.

Comic book fans being angry at a bad interpretation of their favorite hero.

Does anyone else find this hilariously ironic?

Could this be SV's subliminal response to Operation Save Clark Kent?

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG, they didn't! Seriously?! rotflol rotflol

Damn! Now I'll have to watch that episode. And I promised myself I was quite, quite done with Smallville. wallbash

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
And the part of canon they were most upset about being changed involved the hero's girlfriend... hmmm, that doesn't sound familiar at all...

I only saw bits of it -- my husband watched while I was putting the kids in bed -- but it's Tivo'd, so I expect I'll see it soon. I saw the bit where Clark confers with Lex -- Clark reads a quote from the message board, and Lex immediately recognizes it. "That's issue #5... I've got it right over here..." goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I wasn't home, so we recorded it and just finished watching it. The character who the fan wanted to kill looked remarkably like Lana. (That isn't a spoiler, because that is clear during the first few minutes of the show.) For Smallville, it was a great episode!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Could this be SV's subliminal response to Operation Save Clark Kent?
Probably. <G> It seems to be a modern trend. TPTB at Stargate SG1, for instance, mocked their fans complaints all the time in this way, often having the characters make barbed comments about subject being debated online. It was irksome or hilarious depending on your point of view. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
It seems to be a modern trend.
Yup. Irony. Can't live without it these days.

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard