Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#213528 10/22/07 06:09 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Did anyone see 48 Hour Mystery on Saturday? If not, here's a link to the website The Sugar Land Conspiracy This hit close to home seeing as I'm from Sugar Land and knew the family indirectly. I've actually kept up with the trial and everything because the dad (Kent Whitaker) goes to my church, River Pointe. The friend of Keven Whitaker who talks in the video, Brittany Barnhill, is a long time family friend of mine and her dad actually married me and my husband. My husband was friends with Kevin, the younger son, since they went to high school together. It's crazy because there are the kind of weird things you see on TV and it actually happened to people I know! Also, you can check out Bart Whitaker's blog from Death Row. Minutes Before Six Bart actually writes these letters to his dad and Kent posts them on the web. Kent is an amazing man. I don't know anyone who could still love their son and show the forgiveness that he has after everything... except for Jesus. Check it out and tell me your thoughts!

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#213529 10/22/07 09:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The way I see it, the only one to whom it'll make much difference whether or not Bart gets the death penalty is his father. Kent Whitaker said it himself, if they decide to execute, all they'll be doing is robbing him of the only family member he has left. Bart is going to rot in hell either way.

God, it's so unimaginable! What kind of creature could kill his whole family just for the money? What kind of psychopath is this? I mean, I get how people go criminally insane - mental depression, childhood trauma and so forth. But this? Smacks more of Leopold and Loeb to me. I can forgive the crazies. I just can't stand the brats!

The whole story holds a sick fascination, actually. I only hope Kent Whitaker doesn't blame himself for Bart's actions. Parents always do that. Poor, poor guy. eek frown

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#213530 10/23/07 02:15 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I can forgive the crazies. I just can't stand the brats!
I couldn't agree more Hasini. Bart had absolutely no reason. No bad childhood drama, no drug use, no horrible parents. I just can't fathom it. I mean, the night that they were killed they took him out to eat and gave him a Rolex and took pictures smiling and everything. He is the perfect definition of a sociopath. <shudders>

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard