Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I wasn't watching closely when Smallville ran the preview for next week, but my husband claims that they showed Dean Cain playing the villain. Did anyone else see this?

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I didn't see it, but I know he's been contracted to play a villain in the new season. There's a thread on it here

It does contain specific spoilers, so beware if you don't want to know too much.

I've changed the title of your post, cookiesmom, to something less of a spoiler - just in case there are those who don't want to know in advance that Dean appears or what part he plays. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, yeah. They confirmed it a few months ago. Fourth episode of the new season, called "Cure". He will be playing Dr. Curtis Knox (CK again!) who may or may not turn out to be Vandal Savage.

Actually, that's the only reason I'm still watching this damned season. It's about TIME he was invited. mad I kept hoping that maybe they would sign up Teri too, but that one failed to materialize. grumble

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Kerth
Kerth
I'm not sure that Teri would take that job. It seems to me that she's tried to distance herself from being associated with LnC.

But that's just my impression. I could be dead wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Features Writer
Features Writer
I quit Smallville in the 1st season, though I've been witness to a few eps in the interim, but that show is so disgustingly estrogen rich it makes me want to run screaming for beefcake. I will tune in for Dean, but please, Lord in Heaven, let them make him a manly villian grovel

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
but that show is so disgustingly estrogen rich it makes me want to run screaming for beefcake.
Yo! Quit dissin' the estrogen, girlfriend! It ain't everybody who got it. dance

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yo! Quit dissin' the estrogen, girlfriend! It ain't everybody who got it. dance
LOL, Lady M, I got nothing against girls with estrogen, but what I've seen of SV even the boys(and I refer to them as boys, because they are in no-way men) seem to be androgynous at the very most. Dean's manliness will be a welcome change, no doubt.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Here's the Director's Cut for "Cure," be warned though - if you have a weak stomach it's a bit gruesome. wink

Minor SPOILER warnings too, though it isn't really that spoiler-ish.

Cure - Director\'s Cut

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, gods. From Superhero to Super psycho. I so didn't want to see that.

I mean, I knew he was going to be a villain, and that's okay, but couldn't he have been a classier sort of villain? Why a butchering-victims-without-anesthesia kind of villain?

That's it. This show is collapsing in on itself as surely as LnC ever. I'm not watching the seventh season.

Thanks for posting the deleted scene, Super Gem. I guess now we know why it was deleted. I've seen you on the devotedtosmallville boards. Are you on the Supernatural one as well?

“Is he dead, Lois?”

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I actually really like Psycho Dean.

I think it's the criminologist in me. It's the same thing that makes me study serial killers for fun.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The Director's Cut is not a deleted scene. A director's cut is just what it says - a director's cut of the dailies reel from the episode. It is uncut, unedited with no effects. It more than likely will be in the episode; it might be slightly edited but chances are this will be seen Thursday.

Actually Season 7 of Smallville is turning out to be pretty great IMHO, and Kara (Supergirl) kicks some serious ***. The show has been getting better and better since season 6, at least from where I sit.

If Dean ends up playing the character we all hope he will be playing, it could actually be a pretty iconic role and set up for some interesting return opportunities. Time will tell.

Yes I post over at DTS, I also post at Bluetights. But I don't watch Supernatural, never have, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything? I don't post at their boards either.

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh. I didn't know that. I thought the Director's Cut was a deleted scene because in the third season commentary, James Marshall kept saying 'in the director's cut' and all the other cast members kept laughing and shouting him down saying "Marshall, this is TV! There ARE no director's cuts!"

Well, we seem to have differing tastes. wink I absolutely loved the 1st, 2nd and 5th seasons, hated the 4th season, and ended up liking the sixth season okay (mainly because of the cinematography which almost redeemed the plotlines and the dialogue), once I learned to shut out the whole Clana-rama-drama-llama. Still, I just feel like they should have stopped at five and gone out with a bang. But now that Annette O'Toole has left the show and Lex STILL hasn't decided which side he's playing for, and they STILL haven't killed Clana, I can't take it. I just feel like the show has lost its depth.

I asked about Supernatural because a lot of Smallville fans are also SPN fans. I can't quite understand why there seems to be a connection myself, apart from the fact that Jensen Ackles moved onto SPN straight from SV and that they are both CW's leading shows. Most boards promote both SPN and SV. I've recently become an SPN fan and I was looking for any familiar faces in my new fandom. smile

“Is he dead, Lois?”

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ah yeah, no. As much as I enjoy Jensen Ackles, I never have seen an episode of Supernatural. It seems interesting, I just don't watch a lot of TV. Smallville and Grey's Anatomy really are the only shows I pay any attention to these days to be honest - I just don't have time to get invested in new shows since I can barely keep up with those two every week as it is LOL. wink And since Supernatural airs opposite Grey's Anatomy, well it will lose out. I would guess Jensen Ackles is a big part of the crossover appeal, and he's probably why many SV fans watch the show, like you said.

As for season 7, the only thing I disagree with so far is the continuing Clana crap - but speaking of Jensen Ackles, I still think Lana should have stayed in Paris and been long gone when season 4 rolled around! grumble Other than that, the first 3 episodes have been great IMHO - as long as you erase Lana from them. We know this is Lex's last season, and probably Lana's as well. So chances are they will both go out with a bang. Lex to me is one of the more interesting characters in the show, certainly the most complex, so I'm enjoying watching his inner-conflict develop. To each their own.

Until season 6 I was a casual watcher of the show. It definitely has had its up and downs, and there have been entire seasons where I wondered why I still continued to watch LOL. Then the first half of season 6 hit and I became obsessed with it, and I haven't been this hooked on a show since L&C was on the air - that's saying a lot. Now I'm just enjoying the ride.

If Dean turns out to be Vandal Savage, which I'm hoping - and almost assuming - he will, that will be an exciting thing to see!

Either way, as always I am holding my breath for Thursday night! laugh

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think it's the criminologist in me. It's the same thing that makes me study serial killers for fun.
Ha Trinity! I thought I was the only one. Nice to know there are other morbidly curious FOLCS out their. laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Two clips from the episode, both featuring Dean:

http://tv.yahoo.com/smallville/show/33659

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
So, what did you all think? I enjoyed it very much. (Except for the Dean blatantly reading cue cards during the Christopher Reeve Foundation promo.)

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
He was so deliciously evil. I loved it.

But it is Smallville, so I'll never watch it again.

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Columnist
Columnist
It was really interesting to watch him play such an evil character. I cracked up at the "CK" on his handkerchief (or whatever it was he used to chloroform the poor girl). I also cracked up when Clark showed up and said "you've met your match," or maybe it was Knox that said it, I can't remember for sure, I just remember thinking how funny it was.

Maybe I'm weird, but I found so many little things hidden throughout the episode that I found extremely amusing.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard