Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I had been posting on both boards for some time before I realized that there is a great channel on IRC (Internet Relay Chat) with a ton of great fans, including many L&C veterans who know everything there is to know about "Lois and Clark" both on-stage and off. wink

Therefore, I thought I'd bring it up over here; since I had no idea about it for the longest time (try four years), I'm sure there are other fans who don't, either, and I didn't think there is a chat over here.

There are scheduled episode viewings every Saturday night, but there is a group on every night and we're always happy to "meet" new people! laugh

The link for information is:
http://www.redboots.net/lanekent/lanekent.shtml

IRC instructions for both Macs and PCs are here:
http://www.zoomway.net/cgi-bin/boards/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=7;hardset=0;start_point=0;DaysPrune=0

There is no password on currently, so we'd love to have you!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think most people here are already familiar with the programm, but still thanks for bringing this up for the FoLCs that don't.

I've never quite managed to get into the right channel... I sign into #loisclark, undernet, NL, Ede, I know the password, have tried different times (morning, afternoon, evening, heck, even 3 a.m.!) but I always get into an empty channel huh

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Selinde, do you see a person called 'X'? He's always on, except when his server is down. It's the bot that will automatically op people. I am on right now (with the joy of a non-talkative X *sigh*), so maybe you could try it now?

As for IRC, most people here indeed use #loisclark when it's actually being used. Most people have moved on to MSN or other such chat programs.

There are even a few post on the boards on how to use IRC... but I am too lazy to hunt them down right now. (hey, my muse is keeping me rather busy at the moment!)

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm afraid I've gotten out of the habit of chatting for a while now - but if you're still keen to use #loisclark, there's no harm to posting here in OT and setting up a specific time so that everyone knows when a chat is and when to turn up. Have fun! smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Actually, the channel I am talking about is called #lanekent, not #loisclark ... there are always people in there. Not as many during the day, but it gets more hopping around 6 PST.

Come on over and join us!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
@ Saskia: Sorry Sas, I didn't see your post until, well, right now. But I do always see the X..

@EditorJax: YAY! I got into #lanekent and there are actually PEOPLE there! laugh laugh I'm bouncing off the walls with joy right now laugh Too bad I don't have much time today... frown

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hey Selinde, don't worry if it pings out, just reconnect on another Undernet server and come on back! We're thrilled to have you!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I love to chat on IRC... however I am terribly forgetful to sign into undernet. All my other channels I lurk in 24/7 but since there is a rule against that for those channels (which has been explained to me why... but I still don't understand) I tend to just never come on.

All the group chats we ever planned on here always took place while i was at work since I was on the West Coast so I missed out on those... I kinda gave up talking to most of you guys cause of that.

I know a lot of the people from the other boards and come in to chat with them from time to time but again... I'm so forgetful about signing in that I usually miss the bulk of the people by the time I make it on.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
JoJo, come on in! I am on the West Coast too and a lot of people don't even get online until after 6 p.m. our time. Actually, I work until midnight and there are always people on long after I leave work. We're dedicated. LOL. laugh

Merriwether
Merriwether
I've tried it a few times, but I can never figure it out.

I should try again ... this time I have a faster computer at least!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
It's been so great to meet those of you who have stopped by so far! I'd love to meet some more of you, especially those who have left me such great feedback on my stories!

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I thought I would bring this topic back up to the top because it has been so great to meet all of you who have come into the #lanekent channel to talk and I demand (can I do that? can I demand people do something?) that more people come visit. FoLCs rock! laugh

I know some people have had problems connecting, so if you have tried and can't get online, pick another undernet server and try again. Sometimes it takes a while. IRC is picky. grumble

But seriously, come on by. We're there every night! As a matter of fact, we're there right now. Sleep is overrated. wink

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've recently discovered the joys of talking with other FoLCs on IRC and now can't get enough of it.

You guys are a bad influence on me... :p

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Once I get Internet at home, I am sooo gonna go on the IRC. I've never been on there so thanks for the directions Jax. I might get Internet in a few months. Money's super tight so till then I have only my work PC to depend on. grumble

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I signed up last night but have yet to hear anything back. Maybe tomorrow. Also, is the chat off of zoomway's boards because I did not see any topic that talked about chatting.

Thanks,
Mona

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'd be interested in chatting at times. Where can you get a good IRC program?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Most people use Mirc, Woody. You'll find info to get you started here on the Archive.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
D
Deb Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
I signed up last night but have yet to hear anything back. Maybe tomorrow. Also, is the chat off of zoomway's boards because I did not see any topic that talked about chatting.
The person who takes care of the registration for #lanekent is on vacation, but will be checking her email, so be patient; you will hear from her.

As for when to chat, we don't schedule specific times for anything other than group Episode viewings. There are people in the channel most times of the day and night, everyday. Usually, 9:00pm ET/6:00 PT is when the channel starts becoming more lively, but at most anytime you'll find someone there to chat with.

Hope this helps smile

debc on IRC
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Money's super tight so till then I have only my work PC to depend on.
Uh, well, I certainly wouldn't know what it's like to be on IRC at work <yells at her boss over her shoulder, "leave me alone, I'm busy!"> laugh

Hope to see you all soon!

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Thanks, Deb. smile I realized earlier though that it costs money, right? I've asked this before but couldn't we also just chat for free on IM?

Mona

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard