Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#212985 09/12/07 04:11 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
CRAZY CAFETERIA LADY PUTS BUTTER ON TOP OF VEGEMITE

I went to the cafeteria this morning to get my usual multigrain toast with butter and vegemite. They have a new lady there and she didn't know that you could change the temperature of the toaster for thin/thick/turkish bread. So my thick toast came out as warm bread. I asked her to put it through again. She put *one* slice through again and kept the other slice out which she proceeded to butter. Another girl came over, having seen the toast go in again, and said that the toaster should be turned up and proceeded to do so. The poor man next to me ended up with slightly burnt turkish toast. My toast came out *very* brown. The girl started to butter the turkish bread. The lady who was serving me got impatient waiting for the butter knife, and reached for the vegemite instead. So the toast had vegemite on it without butter. When the girl was finished with the butter knife, crazy lady took it and PUT THE BUTTER ON TOP OF THE VEGEMITE!!!

thud

I mean, honestly, who puts the butter on top of *anything*? confused

Sammy

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#212986 09/12/07 05:28 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Who puts vegemite on anything?

Ewwww... cat

laugh Sucks about the toast though. I hate when people do stuff like that. I guess because it boggles my mind that some people can't comprehend simple tasks.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#212987 09/12/07 06:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Who puts vegemite on anything?
*about to die in a fit of giggles*

Ah, Jojo, you SO crack me up today. hee! Thank you!

And as for the cafeteria lady, I suppose it's obvious why she works in a cafeteria to begin with... Be thankful she's not a nurse or something. *lol* (gee, now I'm reminded of a silly skit from SNL where the guy's every solution was to put margarine on it. ROFL!)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#212988 09/12/07 11:29 PM
Columnist
Columnist
It is obvious why the lady works in a cafeteria. Now to give you another laught. What is vegemite. confused

#212989 09/12/07 11:47 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
#212990 09/13/07 12:03 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Ah,the lady handles your food. I wouldn't upset her too often, if I were you.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#212991 09/13/07 12:16 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This travesty would never be allowed to happen with Marmite ! laugh

(sorry, just had to throw that in there!)

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#212992 09/13/07 12:49 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I noticed that the home page for Vegemite also has a recipe for Roast Pumpkin and Leek Risotto.

Excuse me while I run away screaming.

We can get Vegemite in specialty food stores here, but I don't know anyone who has ever eaten it.

How about some peanut butter instead?

#212993 09/13/07 12:54 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I discovered Vegemite in London a few years ago. The memory still makes me shudder.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#212994 09/13/07 01:23 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
As for the intelligence of cafeteria ladies . . .

A few years ago I quit working full-time, but I actually considered applying to be a part-time "lunch lady" at my daughter's school. She begged me not to, because she would never be able to stand the humiliation.

I understood what she meant a few months later, when we found out she is mildly allergic to wheat, and I tried putting her on a wheat-free diet. I went in to the cafeteria to talk to the manager to find out if they served anything that she could eat. The manager swore up and down that nothing they served, including the bread, had any wheat in it . . .

#212995 09/13/07 02:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I mean, honestly, who puts the butter on top of *anything*?
Oh man, not me! I don't mind cooking with butter, but just to cut off a pad and put it on something...I can't stand it! Every time I visit my folks, they think I just dropped in from outer space.

JD

ETA: On the other hand, I do hang out this place revolving around a guy from another planet. Maybe it's finally corrupted me. goofy

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#212996 09/13/07 02:22 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
The manager swore up and down that nothing they served, including the bread, had any wheat in it . . .
O.o Now, I may be a bit daft when it comes to cooking (Lois has more skillz in the kitchen than I do), but... um... isn't bread usually made with wheat?

My mom was a lunchlady type thing at a mental institution once. (I used to think that if I ever got committed I'd at least have an 'in', but the woman went and quit when she moved to Tennessee! Grr) And my mom at least knew how to make toast...

But I agree! Never anger the Food Handlers. Even if they DO put butter on the Vegemite and onions on your omlette when you ask for MUSHROOMS... Grr again. Mushrooms does NOT sound like ONIONS!!! (Evil villianous vegetables trying to take over that which is pure untainted fungi!)

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#212997 09/13/07 03:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Even if they DO put butter on the Vegemite and onions on your omlette when you ask for MUSHROOMS... Grr again. Mushrooms does NOT sound like ONIONS!!! (Evil villianous vegetables trying to take over that which is pure untainted fungi!)
Onions? Mushrooms? bwahahaha! No, no, no!! Omelets should contain only ham and *cheese*!

LOL!

#212998 09/13/07 03:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
vegemite... marmite...

Someone needs to introduce you guys to Nutella.

#212999 09/13/07 05:00 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
Onions? Mushrooms? bwahahaha! No, no, no!! Omelets should contain only ham and *cheese*!

LOL!
NEIN!! Omlettes are made with ham and cheese, yes, for they would be completely SICK AND WRONG without them, but the omlet (I give up on spelling this word...) also needs the cool and snappy flavor of tomatoes and the healthy fungal qualities of mushrooms to properly pull it together! Without these two ingrediants, it is merely an... um... OM!!

Originally posted by jojo_da_crow:
vegemite... marmite...

Someone needs to introduce you guys to Nutella.
drool Oh, that delicious Hazelnutty confection! I'm confused though... is it more like peanutbutter, or more like a jelly?

And even better than Nutella... APPLEBUTTER!! (Which you put on a samich with peanutbutter and and and oh my, some banana slices would totally rock on that thing...)

Man... Now I'm hungry!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#213000 09/13/07 05:19 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Applebutter was always a breakfast food for me in the South. It went on butter biscuits. ^_^ I can't imagine it on a peanut butter sandwhich. laugh

I think Nutella is more like peanut butter though. I spreads like it and doesn't need to be refrigerated. ^_~

#213001 09/13/07 05:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nutella? *drools* I used to live on the stuff when I was in College. <g>

And someone seriously need to send me some applebutter, because I keep hearing about it... and I WANT SOME!

...ahum. thank you. *lol*

Applebutter was always a breakfast food for me in the South. It went on butter biscuits. ^_^ I can't imagine it on a peanut butter sandwhich.
Hang on... what's a PB&J sandwich to you? Lunch?? rotflol
It qualifies as breakfast to me. Or am I just in the wrong part of the world again? LOL

ETA: ...OK, I went and checked that website for Marmite. They have a gallery of pictures that people made with that stuff on their toast!!! [choking with laughter]

#213002 09/13/07 05:51 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually PB&J was Lunch... or a snack for me. laugh

I don't know if I can get applebutter here in LA. If I could I would totally send you some Lara. ^_~

#213003 09/13/07 06:16 AM
Columnist
Columnist
And even better than Nutella... APPLEBUTTER!! (Which you put on a samich with peanutbutter and and and oh my, some banana slices would totally rock on that thing...)
Never heard of that combination before, but I definitely want to try that out now!! laugh

Oh and it's nice to read that there actualy other people who like applebutter goofy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#213004 09/13/07 06:20 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Ok, if I understand this Vegemite and Marnite are yeast spreads. If so, WHY would anyone want to eat that on bread. YUCK, SHUDDER.

But who am I to talk. I eat grits, Southern or (Arkansas) corn bread which has no sugar and very little flour so it is has I guess a grain texture as opposed to smoooth. To me egg salad is really egg olive salad - chopped hard boiled eggs and chopped olives mixed together with mayo and a little slaw dressing.

Despite all that YEAST SPREAD? eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard