Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'd love to meet up with any FoLCs who might happen to be living near where I end up travelling! smile That'd be fun.

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Sue S.:
I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess that QotC works for the Florida Tourist Bureau. laugh

Meh. I alternate between telling people how nice it is, and telling people how awful it is. It probably depends on how hot I am, how many ant-bites I'm covered in, etc.

If you come to Florida in summer, bring a coat. You'll realize why the minute you step inside a building.

~•~
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by princessanna:
I'd love to meet up with any FoLCs who might happen to be living near where I end up travelling! smile That'd be fun.
I know I don't make it back here very often anymore, but I'd be happy to meet up with you when you're in L.A. smile

Email address is in my profile.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If you come to Florida in summer, bring a coat. You'll realize why the minute you step inside a building.
Oh yes! Yes! Yes! I soo agree with you! What is UP with the air conditioning?! It was like having Africa and the Arctic side-by-side - brutally hot outside but teetch-chatteringly cold inside! Floridians have NO concept of air conditioning levels.

But then, I noticed the exact same thing in Toronto supermarkets. I had left my guard down, as I had left Flroida behind, and wandered in unsuspectingly in my thin cotton blouse. All of a sudden I had stepped into the Ice Age, and my sinuses exploded. I had to stay outside, cowering among the shopping carts, while my uncle bought the groceries.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Features Writer
Features Writer
It's the same here in Texas. It seems the warmer it is outside, the colder they turn on the air-conditioning inside.

I always carry a light coat with me in case I have to stay inside for some time (which is most of the time). People look at me like I'm crazy ("what are you doing with a coat in the middle of the Summer?"), but I don't care.

I think a good idea is to have one of those lightweight rain jackets. That way you can be protected against the rain also.

malu

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If you are going to be in or close to Colorado, I'd suggest catching the Rocky Mountains. They are gorgeous in western Colorado. (The Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina are pretty awesome, too, but they are a different kind of mountain.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Blogger
Blogger
Anywhere in Alaska is excellent. I loved it there. The next time I go, I would like to explore SE Alaska. Maybe go halibut fishing.
If you are interested in exploring the West, Glacier National Park is wonderful. We were there in late summer, early fall and it was fantastic. There was plenty of widlife around. We could hear the elk at night. Bears were in the campground as well. We had to leave because of them.
Cody, Wyoming is another city to visit. It has the Buffalo Bill Museum. I could get lost there. It has three wings, one for western art, one for Indian history and artifacts and one for guns. It is huge. If you go in the summer, there are rodeos there. Irma's is also a historical place to go. Food's ok but the historical significance is better.
There are also good places to go in South Dakota. I love the Black Hills. Rushmore is wonderful. It was better before the huge parking ramp was built, but it is still worth seeing. In Custer State Park, you can drive through the buffalo herd and look for other wildlife. Wind Cave is there. Crazy Horse Mountain is progressing along so that you can actually see the statue. Summertime also brings Sturgis to life, if you are interested in seeing a wilder portion of the American population. That's where the bikers go. It gets wild. FYI, I have never been to Sturgis, but I have rode my own horse to Rushmore.

Top Banana
Top Banana
I went to the US twice and loved it every time. I'm certainly no expert, but here's what I enjoyed the most:

If you like rollercoasters and theme parks, I STRONGLY recommend Cedar Point, which is a theme park relatively close to Cleveland. It's probably THE best theme park in the world as far as rollercoasters are concerned, certainly the best I've been to. And if you go, ride Raptor for me, will you? laugh If you're staying in Western USA, Six Flags Magic Mountains is also a very good theme park (Riddler's Revenge and Scream are awesome!)

If you like TV things, the Warner Bros Studios tour in Los Angeles is really interesting. You get to see many decors from your favourite shows and it's a lot of fun. smile

If you like sceneries, go to the Grand Canyon, absolutely. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen was the sunrise on the Grand Canyon. Breathtaking!

And just for the fun of it, go to Las Vegas. I'd never have thought I'd like Vegas, but in fact I adored it. The hotels along the strip are like monuments you get to visit, and the atmosphere just makes it all... magic.

So that's my 2 ct worth!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard