Top Banana
Hi all goofy

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
#212873 08/31/07 08:46 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Usually I'm at the not-so-local hot springs for this weekend. This year I'm on-call which means I can't leave town (let alone the state). So no hot springs for me. frown I can't even go up to my dad's new cabin like the rest of my family.

I'll probably sit out on my back deck and read. Which, in addition to being less expensive, is always a lovely way to spend the day.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#212874 08/31/07 09:31 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
This female friend of mine is going to subject me to great and frightening torture. She's gonna... she's gonna... she's gonna make me look like a girl!!! *cries pathetically*

Other than that, I DO have tentative plans of unleashing my horrifying presence on the city of Tucson. laugh

...other than that, I'll probably clean my room.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#212875 08/31/07 10:02 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Working. It's like the newspaper industry doesn't care that there is a Labor Day Sale at Macy's. Bah.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#212876 08/31/07 10:24 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think that hardly anyone around here even *knows* about Labor Day. goofy
So, ehm, no plans. I am going to a fancy dinner thing this Sunday, but that's because it's someones birthday. wink

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#212877 08/31/07 12:00 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I have no specific plans, being in the UK...but I'm wondering...is this upcoming holiday why we've been deprived of The Daily Show all this week?

LabRat (that really messes up her week :p )

PS - have a great holiday weekend all you Americans! <g>

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#212878 08/31/07 12:13 PM
Kerth
Kerth
But isn't a bank holiday in the UK? Or was that last week?

It is such a shame that The Daily Show and Colbert Report are on hiatus (and mostly likely that's because of the holiday). With everything that has happened in the past week, it would have been a field day for Jon and Stephen (Gonzales steps down, Senator Craig's "wide stance"...). whinging

I feel your pain on that one, Labby. It's thrown off my evening routine as well.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
#212879 08/31/07 12:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oops it is Labor Day weekend, huh...

I completely forgot until I stopped by my rental office and they said the woman who has my spare apt. key is on vacation...

goofy

Well then, it sounds like the complete works of Jane Austen and I have a date! Maybe I'll be wild and *gasp* go to a movie. Yeah, it sounds lame LOL. Art engulfs my life.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#212880 08/31/07 01:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But isn't a bank holiday in the UK? Or was that last week?
Yeah, last weekend. And, yeah, Stuart and I were really looking forward to Jon's take on Gonzales.

Unfortunately, although one of our cable channels shows TDS, they haven't figured out that TCR would also be a draw for their viewers, so we miss out on that here. razz

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#212881 08/31/07 02:44 PM
Kerth
Kerth
No Colbert?!? OMG!

Have you ever gone to this site? You can see "best of" clips and they usually have the majority of the show from the previous day.

Comedy Central Motherlode

Ides of Metropolis
#212882 08/31/07 03:45 PM
Kerth
Kerth
The usual family bbq on Monday. smile Which means the usual house cleaning all weekend to fool our relatives into believing that we actually clean the house a regular basis. frown Also, I brought three weeks of grading home with me. We've been in school for three weeks. Hmmmmm....lets calculate, shall we? How much grading has Mrs. Young done so far this year? Or, an even better question, how many times has Mrs. Young brought work home intending to grade it, and has instead ignored it all weekend long? Or, the really, really, good question: will Mrs. Young actually get off her butt and grade it this time?

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#212883 08/31/07 04:25 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Trying to stay cool! It is way too hot for a few hours until September here in LA! Anyone have any movie recommendations?

Mona

#212884 09/01/07 12:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No Colbert?!? OMG!
Yeah, it truly sucks. And you know what's worse? They edit TDS so that we miss out the Jon/Stephen promo for TCR at the end. I can understand why, since it's not coming on after TDS, but it still grates that we don't even get to see them joshing together.

Yeah, I have the Motherlode bookmarked, thanks, and have built up an archive on my hd of clips. Which is better than nothing...I guess. goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard