Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#212858 08/30/07 12:14 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I've been on these boards for less than a year, so I don't know how much FoLC-dom spills over to other fandoms. Do most of you go to other cons? For example, will anyone be attending DragonCon in Atlanta this coming weekend?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nope, I'm at the other side of the world goofy

And these boards (along with Zoomway's, but I'm not active there, I just read the stories) are the only fanboards I'm on. Oh, well, there is this forum thingy where we all play a game (Werewolves of Miller's Hollow) that was designed as, well, a "normal" game (not online). We all discovered the game as the normal version. So I guess you could say that it's a fan-mb. But I'm not a "fan", I just "sort of like" it.

But I don't go to any folcfests or whatever anyway. First, I'm kind of far away from LA or NY, and I'm kind of cautious meeting people I met on the internet. I'll stick to just the boards.

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I've been to Dragon*Con once! I SO totally wish I could go again this year! (I heard Claudia Black was gonna be there, too!)

I've also gone to two of the official 'Farscape' conventions in Burbank, and if I have my say in the matter, I'm SO totally going again this year! I think its the last one that they are having...

Haven't been to any others, but I would love too!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Kerth
Kerth
I go to SF cons and role-playing game cons - in fact I'm going to the UK version of Gencon tomorrow. I've never gone to a fanfic-only con, I'm already going to four or five conventions a year and it feels like enough.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
I make a yearly jaunt over to AnimeExpo every year. Sometimes I show up at Pacific Media Expo as well. smile

I almost went to BlizzCon this year... but decided I wasn't enough of an addict yet to actually attend that yet. ^_~

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Columnist
Columnist
I took my kids to Anime North in Toronto this summer. I'm not into anime, but I am into my kids so I was a cool mom, and bit the bullet and took them.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Years ago I used to go to a lot of small SF cons, but dropped out of that world when we moved and had kids.

Then a few years ago my husband got into a new line of work and started going to gaming cons as an exhibitor. I decided we'd all tag along if they were local and also involved SF.

We let the kids invite their friends, and their parents are happy to send them with us. It's not as much fun for me as it was in the "old days," since my husband spends the days working and I'm checking up on teenagers all day (and night), but I do enjoy being regarded as just a little bit "cool" by my kids' friends.

Kerth
Kerth
We went to the San Diego Comic Con for a day this year...haven't been for several years, though. It was unbelievably crowded!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
"Do Folcs go to other cons?"

Yes.

Tank (who felt the simple answer was the best)

Merriwether
Merriwether
No, I didnt' attend. I didn't know about it and MAN that looks cool.

I've never been to a con that deals with a specific thing (eg Star Trek). I've never been to a con that I felt deserved such a title.

I've been to an anime con (it was quite sad. All stinky teens with very little options).
Toy con (all about selling)
'adult' con goofy
map con (was cool!)

My city doesn't get anything cool.
etc

I haven't done anything related to our FOLCdom. I've never travelled on my own so it's a bit freaky for me. Plus I'm poor.

OOOOH, I went to the 2008 website - very cool.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
C
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
C
I've been to Interaction (Worldcon 2005 Glasgow, it was great and everybody still thinks that the framed pictured I brought from there is only a poster instead of an original, I was so excited to get it, although it left me with only 1 Pound for the journey back and with in 3 cents of my credit card limit), and would have liked to go to Nippon 2007, alas funding and time weren't right (I'm still sad, because, well, it's Japan, GoH were Michael Whelan and Yoshitaka Amano, and maybe they had some other interesting artists in the Art Show).

Otherwise, I've only been to the Games Convention (very loud and very full) on year and to the opening concert of it another. The concerts are just great and show that game music can easily keep up and surpass other things on the market (not to mention the nostalgia, I don't think any of the invited stuffy suits on the best places could really understand why the rest of the audience frenetically clapped after the Mario medley, and compared to other concerts the audience was generally quiet and attentive during the songs). I'm very sorry that I couldn't make it to the last two, they had some great songs.

I have never been to a fandom specific convention, but I have been to a little backyard fan meeting, which was very nice and funny, someone even showed off a costume.

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
For those in my neck of the woods, October 6 and 7 brings us to FallCon 2007. The nineteenth annual MCBA Comic Book Convention.

It takes place at the Education Bldg. on the Minnesota State Fair Grounds in St. Paul. Lots and Lots of comic book creators will be there.

We have drawings for free door prizes all throughout the weekend, and the Charity Art Auction on Sunday promises to have a lot of really cool stuff to bid on. We are also haveing a lottery drawing for charity. For one dollar you have a chance to win a special high speed gaming computer graciously donated by Northrup Systems.

There will be displays of personal art collections; including the most amazing collection of Wonder Woman art anywhere.

A list of guest names can be seen at our website www.MNCBA.com .

Tank (who doesn't want to forget to mention that
the Batmobile will also be in attendance)

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard