Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#212736 08/13/07 07:30 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Normally I don't post about movies here but I felt this was one of those that might just pass by with out much notice. I wanted to make sure everyone at least went and checked out the plot line to see if it was something they would be interested in.

I think this movie will appeal to a lot of you. It has a bit of magic, a bit of comedy, and a lot of romance. smile It is based on Neil Gaiman's book "Stardust". I started reading the book right after I watched the movie and it doesn't follow it exactly but the main details are there. If you are a stickler for movie's being exactly like the book you may not like it.

My advise it to go see the movie first then read the book. smile

If nothing else though... go for Robert De Niro's hilarious character in the movie. This is not a meaningful movie that makes you think about serious issues but one for pure fun. So if you are looking for something light and WAFFY this is one you need to go see. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#212737 08/13/07 07:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I thought that movie looked adorable. I'm so glad you liked it! I wasn't even sure it was out, but I'm definitely going to drag someone to go see it with me.

*edit* I just asked my brother and he bolted.

*sigh* wink I will prevail!

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#212738 08/13/07 07:49 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Adam and I watched this movie yesterday and I have to confess that I loved it! I'm not that into this kind of fantasy movie (except for Harry Potter) but this one is fantastic! Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Claire Danes and the new guy (I forgot his name blush ) are great in the movie! I think there is something for everyone... it has fantasy, comedy, adventure, action and lots of romance! It's definitely a must see movie! It's on my list of favorite movies now and I'll definitely get the DVD once it comes out thumbsup

We just bought the book today. Adam had read it before but he is going to reread it... but I know the ending is different from the one in the movie and since I'm a sucker for happy endings I think the one in the movie is better laugh Not that the one in the book is not good... I just like the movie one better laugh

If you haven't seen it, go to the near movie theater now laugh

Raquel (who thinks Robert De Niro is hilarious! clap )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#212739 08/13/07 08:00 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the heads up, Jojo. All I know of Gaiman is that I absolutely adored Good Omens. Somehow though, it never occurred to me to go check out his other books.

I've checked out the official site for the movie and it looks very intriguing. I'll definitely be looking out for it when it finally makes it onto DVD.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#212740 08/13/07 08:27 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Raquel: His name is Charlie Cox.

And yes... he is a reason to go see the movie. Go for the eye candy ladies:

[Linked Image]

His character was just adorable. blush

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#212741 08/13/07 08:34 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
His character was just adorable.
Oh, I couldn't agree with you more, jojo! But then I always had a thing for clumsy guys blush He is really adorable blush I can't decide if I like him better in the beginning or by the end of the movie laugh I hate that they're comparing him to Orlando Bloom because I don't like Orlando Bloom smile1

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
#212742 08/13/07 02:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Eee! I just saw it. Thanks so much for recommending it. I absolutely loved it. It was such a breath of fresh air. A really great movie. Something I'm afraid is getting rarer and rarer these days! But it was funny and romantic and suspenseful. Perfect. smile

And I simply adored Tristan.

Laura

#212743 08/13/07 03:45 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I love the book "Stardust" to seven kinds of death and was waiting to see how the film turned out with not a little trepidation. I'm glad you guys think it's so good.

But you know the old joke, right? A billy goat once accidentally ate a can of film. When the nanny goat asked him how it was, the billy goat replied "It was good, but I liked the book better." laugh

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#212744 08/14/07 12:04 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! I just went out to Barnes and Noble to purchase a book for a friend and I just happened to see Stardust laying on a table. So... despite the fact that I have an essay for school to write, about 6 books to read, a calculus packet and a fan fic to write, I bought it. I can't wait! I'm glad you liked the book. I'm sure I will as well.

#212745 08/15/07 04:31 PM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I just saw it yesterday and enjoyed it very much. A little violent at times for my taste but a fresh and very sweet tale nonetheless. Yes, Tristan was quite nice to look at it!

#212746 09/22/07 09:12 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I just saw this today and really enjoyed it. I was on the fence about seeing it, but I was in the mood for a movie and figured if all of you liked then I couldn't go wrong. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard