I got an email in today from someone wanting the Archive to provide a link to his website below. As we only link to Superman/LNC websites, I couldn't grant his request. But I know that there are FoLCs here who would find the site interesting. I've had a look at it and at first glance it does look intriguing.

Here are the details:

Galaxiki is a virtual galaxy with over a million stars and solar systems that can be explored using a 2-dimensional map (looks a bit like Google maps in space). Each star, each planet and each moon represents one wiki page, the idea behind the project is that Galaxiki site members, also called "Galaxicians", can name edit those pages (stars, planets & moons) and write fictional histories about them.

The really cool part is that species can meet each other, so writers have to make sure that theirs stories remain consistent as a whole when creating an entirely fictional world. It was officially launched on July 1st.

Galaxiki membership, naming and editing solar systems and using all other site features is free. The targeted audience are science and sci-fi addicts, but most other "normal" people seem to find the site pretty cool too. As a website member you can optionally "purchase" a virtual solar system, so that only you (and not other community members) can name and edit it.
Galaxiki

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers