Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#212482 07/12/07 07:56 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
hey everyone!

Well, it's finally vacation (I know it's not that way for everyone, but still it's summer wink !)
I just wanted to wish you all a beautiful summer!! May you all lay on the beach with lots of sun and piña colada and you know... uhmm a blue sky!! goofy

[Linked Image]

If your weather is just a little bit like here you've been having lots of rain these couple of weeks. So I think you all deserve a little bit of this picture! wink !

I wish you all a beautiful summer!
I'm about to leave for vacation, so I'll see you all in three weeks!! (Hopefully with a little bit of a sun tan wink )

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
#212483 07/14/07 01:18 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
WOW!WHAT A GREAT PLACE!! HAVE FUN!!
I'm leaving tomorrow for my holidays...so I wanted to say hi to everyone of you wave

the greatest thing you ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return
#212484 07/14/07 04:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A beautiful summer to you as well! I'm not going anywhere pretty, but I will be able to see some friends before I travel for work at the end of the month, so I'll ditto a hi to everyone as well before I go.

JD wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#212485 07/14/07 07:06 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Have a great time, Camy - I'm sure you will! As for myself, I'm sure we have had as much rain as you have had in the Netherlands. No big improvement is in sight, according to meteorologists. But today and on Monday the weather will be fine here, and I'm off to visit some friends of mine in their summer house, where they don't have internet! So don't expect to hear from me for the next, oh, 30-36 hours.

Ann

#212486 07/14/07 11:47 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Have a great vacation! After several days of rain, we have a lovely sunny day outside, today. I'm going to celebrate with something really wild - like hanging out a washing. laugh

But a nice salad lunch out in the garden, a long cool drink and a couple of hours with my latest book (Tad Williams' War of the Flowers) are on the cards, too. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#212487 08/06/07 07:38 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi everyone, and thanks for the response!
I did have a great time, and maybe if you look very close a sun tan (but I better that brag about that or you'll laugh at me goofy )

I hope you all had a great vacation too wherever you where smile !!

As for the picture it's a picture of the coast Bretagne (France)that's acctually were I went.
But I had rain too, so it's a good thing I mainly went to visit family!

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
#212488 08/07/07 02:02 AM
Columnist
Columnist
For a vacation I go anywhere but the beach. But then I live in a beach town. Six house from the bay and about 3/4 of a mile from the ocean. We have had very little rain - in fact are in a drought. In fact of thinking of going out of town today to get away from all the vacationers.

#212489 08/07/07 06:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
OH LabRat! That's a great book. I enjoyed his "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" trilogy more though. thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#212490 08/07/07 11:25 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I enjoyed his "Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn" trilogy more though. [Thumbsup]
Haven't read that yet. I picked up a copy of Shadowmarch last year in my charity shop, which introduced me to him. Could not believe there was tbc continued at the end of that after all those pages. LOL! But really enjoyed it and eagerly awaiting part two.

I really enjoyed War of the Flowers, too. He spends a lot of time on detail and I can see how that might annoy some readers, but it worked for me, so I didn't much care.

Might well putting the others on my wish list.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#212491 08/07/07 02:05 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Glad to hear that y'all had / have / are going to have a great time laugh

Ohh Camy the weather started to get wonderful right after you (and I) left on holiday frown .Temperature up in the 80s, sunny, no rain. Please tell me the weather is going to get a little better in NL because I'm coming back from vacation on sunday. Right now I'm in the States (Pittsburg, KS), meeting tons of family members I never knew about (2nd cousins, third cousins, you name it - but you see, I'm cutting on hotel/cabin costs as I can just stay with my family) and doing looooots of shopping (I've always loved malls and superstores laugh ) Except for one day of rain (including flood warning, lol) it's been up in the 90s here. I'm going to Oceans of Fun tomorrow with my cousins . Well, anyhoo, I'm having a heck of a time here laugh

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#212492 08/07/07 08:15 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Ohh Camy the weather started to get wonderful right after you (and I) left on holiday
Yeah I heard!! It's just not fare. The weather is suppose to be really bad home when you leave on holiday goofy
Right now is't a little gray outside and I don't know if the weather is gonna get better (if it is, it's surely not for today), but I really really hope so. Maybe next week!!

Selinde have fun in Kansas wink ... but it's seems like that shoudn't be a problem!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard