Next Thread
Print Thread
#21224 04/24/05 03:50 PM
IsisLnC Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Erin, part 30 is absolutely amazing! notworthy

"I know! I could go to work with you! I'd love to see Perry and Jimmy again, and I could help you on whatever stories you have going!"

Clark chuckled. "Lois, I don't think Corporate has approved a 'Bring a Girlfriend to Work' week."
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Hurry home, would you?"
Clark felt himself pause at her words. A warm feeling started in his heart and spread out from there. He'd been so lonely for so long. He'd traveled the world over in search of something...something that would make his life feel worthwhile.

And now, standing there in his apartment, was the woman he loved, telling him to hurry home. No words had ever sounded more beautiful to his ears.
This part turned me into a giant puddle of WaFFY of goo!!!

A sudden longing burned through her. This was definitely something she could get used to--sitting at a desk across from Clark, watching him work, and knowing he was there to bounce ideas off of or collaborate with on the next big story. It felt comforting, somehow. Right.
Yes Lois...now what are you going to do to make that happen?!?!

Or he could lose one. If Clark decided to move to San Francisco, the talented team might be taken advantage of by the Chronicle.

Perry frowned. He couldn't let that happen. Aside from losing an obviously incredible team, he had grown very fond of Clark. He'd come to love him almost as a son. He'd much rather keep Clark around and gain a daughter.

He sighed when he realized he likely didn't have any say in the matter. But the least he could do was try to tip the scales in his favor, to make Lois's experience here mean enough to her that she might consider the possibility down the road.
Yay Perry! He's here to help our noble cause of keeping these two happy and together!!!

Alrighty! Thats all for now... I could keep going all night, but I'll leave some quotes for other people too! jump

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey,

I just popped in to say I'm still reading I'm just very far behind frown Working sux, I miss being a uni student wink

Avatar: Michael Clarke, awesome Aussie cricket player
Kerth
Kerth
Did somebody notice that Lex is angry? goofy

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Erin,

This story continues to be fun to read. I'm dying to find out how they solve the "want-to-be-together-but-don't-want-to-move" problem.

I think you have a continuity(sp?) error, however. When Clark and Lois show up in Metropolis:

"Yeah, thanks." She smiled and adjusted the heavy blanket higher on her chilled neck. "I guess winter's coming, isn't it? You can sure feel it out here, a lot more than you can in the Bay Area."

Clark nodded. "You really can." He stepped back and spun into his Clark clothes. When he finished a few moments later, he smiled at her expression.

"No matter how many times you do that, it always amazes me." She grinned at him and shook her head.
But later on, when Clark is getting ready to do his patrol...

"What is this for?" he asked with a pleased smile.

"No reason," she murmured against the spandex of his Suit he hadn't yet changed out of since their arrival. "It's just when I think I know everything there is to know about you, you surprise me with something new. What else am I going to learn about you this week, staying here with you?"
Looking forward to how Lex's help "handles" his L&C (and Sman) problems.

Also, if Lois doesn't want her editor to know she's in Metropolis, she isn't keeping a very low profile...

--
Jeff
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Erin, this is just awesome! clap

But now I'm scared, Lex is getting ready to make a move .... more please ASAP!!!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Columnist
Columnist
Hi Erin,

I've finally caught up with this story and wanted you to know that I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I love watching Lois and Clark investigate, though I enjoy the waffy stuff too. smile

Now they've made Lex really mad and I can't wait to see what he has planned for our 'three' heros. wink

Post the next part soon.

Yours Jenni

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the feedback, guys! And just so you know, I FINISHED THE STORY!!! dance dance I was just excited and had to share. laugh I'll be posting the last FOUR PARTS soon!

Thanks for sticking with me all this time, guys. It's meant a lot to me. smile

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
IsisLnC Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay!!! Thanks for the update!! I'm anxiously waiting!! HINT! HINT!

party party party party

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
May I be a little sad? Only four parts and then we'll have to let this Clark and Lois go away! frown

Simona smile
(who is happy too, because new parts are coming!)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

I’m sorry for not commenting in all previous parts.

More soon, please. hyper

MAF blush

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard