Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey all!

So, Sunday (July 1st) is my birthday, and I'll be turning 21. YAY!

Anyway, following tradition of many 21sts before mine, I do plan to drink, and I'd like some suggestions of things I should try.
I'm open to pretty much anything except dark beer. Not a fan.

So, I thought I'd start here by asking you... what's your alcoholic drink of choice???

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm very much into anything with fruits and cream.

So, I love Baileys, Pina Colada, Daiquiri, Strawberry Limes and stuff.

Apart from that pattern, I like good old Caipirinha, as it takes some time to drink it and you don't get drunk too soon wink

Furthermore, thanks to Annie M and Kathy Brown , I definitely have to try Long Island Iced Tea sometime wink

Hope you have a great evening,

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Long Islands, Rum & Coke, Lava Flows, and Mai Tais (with pineapple, not orange juice). Basically, I like anything fruity or just some good ole hard liquor. wink

Have a great time!
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm not usually a fan of mixed drinks, but White Russians are pretty good. Made with milk and... um... something else.

I prefer a good dark beer, preferably from Germany. No scratch that, I prefer a good dark beer IN Germany. Whistful sigh!

But, one of the best beers I've had stateside is Sam Adams. I prefer the smooth sweetness of Boston Ale meself. Mmmm! Yummy!

Of course, you can never go wrong with scotch. Glenlivet's pretty good, and the fumes will clear your sinuses right up!

Not a fan of Jack Daniels (baaaaaad experiences!) or tequila (wooooooooorser experiences). In fact, the smell of tequila now makes me wanna hork...

Oooh! But Sex on the Beach is pretty good if you're looking for the mixed variety!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Oooh! But Sex on the Beach is pretty good if you're looking for the mixed variety!
I like that. I had it as a frozen variety, though, quite similar to a daiquiri (though maybe it's always frozen - I don't know, not that familiar with alcoholic beverage names). I like the frozen drinks myself. Lime and strawberry daiquiris especially. And I had a good one made with lemonade and pineapple rum, but I don't know what it was called.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
or tequila (wooooooooorser experiences). In fact, the smell of tequila now makes me wanna hork...
I hear you there!! My sister-in-laws uncle is the President of Patron Tequila, so that is what I got for my 21st B-Day, I can't even do Margaritas or Long Island Ice Teas because of it. Good time, but whew...

One thing that is good though, is a Grateful Dead, I've only seen it at one Bar, but it is made just like a LIIT, but instead of Coke they use Sprite and instead of Tequila, they use Chambore (spelling?? But it's a raspberry liquor). Really good!!

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've never been a huge fan of alcohol - I'm just as happy with something non-alcoholic. But in my youth <g> I used to enjoy Southern Comfort with Ginger Ale. Or Cointreau with lemonade and lime. Or, as a last resort, Pernod with Blackcurrent.

Basically anything sweet that drowned the taste of the alcohol. goofy Eventually, I figured out that I might as well just take the alcoholic content out all together and just drink the sweet stuff. It was cheaper. laugh

LabRat smile

ETA:

But Sex on the Beach is pretty good if you're looking for the mixed variety
Oh my - I'd forgotten those. I used to live on those things on nights out with the girls for a few years. laugh Completely forgotten what the ingredients were - but they sure tasted good.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Top Banana
My favorite drink:

Velvet Heart Martini's:

Orange grey goose
Sweet pomegranate juice (not the earthy stuff)

Yum yum.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't drink alcolhol very often - only once in a month or so.
But I really love Baileys (especially Baileys on Ice and Baileys Latté) and my fav cocktail is the Caipirina.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't drink much alcohol. I have a HUGE aversion to the smell and taste of alcohol, so anything I drink can't smell or taste like it. Or only faintly. That said, I love mudslides (made with ice cream, not ice, and no vodka) and I've recently discovered daquiris. I've had a buttery nipple, which was pretty good, despite the alcohol taste.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi there -

Add me to the list of people that won't drink alcohol unless it's disguised as something sweeter!

You could try Malibu (coconut rum) mixed with Diet Coke, anything frozen is usually good - strawberry daiquiris & margaritas are probably my favorites, and the company that makes Mike's Hard Lemonade has a Twisted Tea, and a Half & Half, too - they're not as common at bars - but wow - those Half & Half's are pretty good!

Have a great birthday!

Shells

(commercial voice over: "and remember, to always drink responsibly...")

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I like the taste of whiskey, scotch, etc... can't handle a lot of it, but I like the taste. That said, a Jack and Coke or scotch and soda would probably be good if you like either of those tastes.

For sweeter things, but lighter on the alcohol, hard lemonades are good, as well as hard iced teas.

A good, fruity drink is a midori sour. It's sweet, but light. If you like melon, you'll like this.

Vodka and cranberry juice (or whatever juice you prefer) is good.

Daquiris and margaritas are good. My favorite is strawberry.

From Pheremone, My Lovely:

Clark: Lois! Please! Get a grip!
Lois: Believe me, I’d love to!
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Try a mohito it's really refreshing with vodka, soda, fresh mint leaves and lime juice. Not much of a drinker even from the time I hit 18 I rarely drank (the legal age here is 18), but I have worked behind a bar. Strawberry Daiquiri is nice, Brandy Alexanders are also good they remind me of chocolate milkshakes. Midori Illusions are really nice (make your own don't ever get the pre-made stuff). For straight liquor go for a good congac a nich XO straight is great.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Kerth
Kerth
Pina Colada is my favourite. Creamy and fruity and even a little sweet. Yumm. But since I usually don't get the mixed variety (pity), I drink mead or plum wine on occasion. I really like fruit wines, but I've had a bad-tasting experience there. (Hint: Avoid sulfurised wine at all cost! It just adds a bitter note to the flavor.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love Cider!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
I don't drink alcohol anymore but I used to like Smirnoff Ice.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Trinity Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
This is awesome, guys, thanks so much!

Keep it coming.

(And I have it on good authority that I will be getting season 2 of LnC for my birthday. I've only seen season 1 so, YAY!)

~Trinity

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Kerth
Kerth
I just hope you won't try everything at once. It's bound to make for a heck of a headache the next morning - unless you're immune to that sort of 'malady'.
(It sure runs in my family. Once, my mom even drank herself into hospital with alcohol poisoning and didn't get a headache from it! dance )

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
M
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
M
Trinity,

Happy Birthday, just a little early!

Um...my all-time favorite is lime daquiri, my second is whiskey, straight, no ice (yeah, yeah, OK, in my mis-spent youth I drank the greeks under the table. silly boys goofy ).

My hint: drink only one kind of liquor - if it's rum, stick with rum drinks. Makes the hangovers bearable. Mixing different types of alcohol is a recipe for a monster hangover, if not alcohol poisoning.

My second hint: hangovers are dehydration headaches in disguise. Drink 6 oz water for every alcoholic drink you have, and you will avoid the worst of the headache. Plus, honestly, it's really difficult to overdrink if you do this, since you're making potty runs all the time jump .

And as Shells said, please drink responsibly.

All that said: Have fun!

mmouse

PS Sex on the Beach is good, but try a Screaming Orgasm - wow!

PPS Wait to try a Long Island Iced Tea - too many varieties of booze, and they taste deceptively good - you end up getting really plastered and a bad hangover to follow, even with water. Although I do love them...

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love - time is eternity --Henry van Dyke
Columnist
Columnist
I second that on the long island iced teas. My limit is one, anything more than that and it knocks me on my butt. Sex on the beach is good. Something that I just tried on my last birthday was a chocolate cake shot. Don't know what's in it, but it leaves the after taste of chocolate cake.

Drink responsibly and have a great birthday!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard