Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
In Superman:Doomsday my beautiful manly Adam Baldwin (aka Jayne Cobb) is doing the voice for Clark Kent/Superman!! Of all the wonderful convergences of the universe, nothing could be better than having my Benevolent Overlord KAL EL represented by one of the mostest, manly, manliest men in the 'verse!!! Bring on the BIG GUNS!!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ok, that might be a stupid question ... but ... What is Doomsday? blush

"Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Doomsday is the evil, evil, *evil* creature who killed Superman in the comics, back in 1992.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Jayne Cobb IS Superman!!
thud God, what a frightening image. laugh

Thanks for the news.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, He robbed from the rich
and he gave to the poor.
Stood up to the man
and he gave him what for.
Our love for him now
ain't hard to explain.
The hero of Canton
the man they call Jayne.

*cough* goofy

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally posted by Tzigone:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jayne Cobb IS Superman!!
drool

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I think BR had plenty of PRESENCE, myself. And I wouldn't have wanted AB in the role (though I do think him a good actor). But my response was to Jayne Cobb as Superman, not Adam Baldwin.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm saying neither.. both would be scary. I like Adam Baldwin, but he's too gruff, too mean-looking, to be CK/Superman. Hearing his voice, though, will be interesting. And slightly different, since he did voices in Justice League. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Is Jayne Cobb, something, or someone we should know?

Tank (who had hoped that someone in their comments would have given him a clue as to what, or who Jayne Cobb was)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jayne is a character played by Adam Baldwin on the short-lived TV show Firefly and in the following movie, Serenity .

As for the movie... It's a direct-to-video animated feature version of The Death and Return of Superman. The story was largely considered to be overhyped and, well, less than super, though I am grateful for the part it played in L&C (Superman's return from the dead was timed to coincide with the launch of the series).

It is cool that Adam Baldwin, Anne Heche, and (my personal favorite of the three) James Marsters are in it. But... I'm not rushing. Adam Baldwin as Superman? Spike as Lex? I'd have preferred that they stick with the voice actors who have been in those roles for the last ten years instead of bumping up to a bunch of random b-listers with less experience and recognition for the specific parts in question.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
But my response was to Jayne Cobb as Superman, not Adam Baldwin.
LOL! I don't know about that, Superman with a goatee and a willingness to take out the bad guys with fierce immediacy? That might put him in the same brutally awesome level as Wolverine. He could name one of his fists VERA and the other MAGGIE! goofy

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Originally posted by shimauma:
[b] But my response was to Jayne Cobb as Superman, not Adam Baldwin.
LOL! I don't know about that, Superman with a goatee and a willingness to take out the bad guys with fierce immediacy? That might put him in the same brutally awesome level as Wolverine. He could name one of his fists VERA and the other MAGGIE! goofy [/b]
I don't like Wolverine very much (as a main character - I like him as a supporting character). I like the nicer guys. But Jayne Cobb wouldn't take out the bad guys if they offered him a cut, now, would he?

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
But Jayne Cobb wouldn't take out the bad guys if they offered him a cut, now, would he?
Now that's something of a puzzle, 'cause if I reckon correctly, when Mal asked Jayne in the first ep why Jayne didn't turn them in, he said "The Money wasn't GOOD enough."

I know he did eventually attempt to turn in River and Simon, but it was only after River's whimsy started getting freaky and dangerous. When Jayne says the money wasn't GOOD enough, I'm thinking he actually weighs out the pros and the cons before he's willing to take a bribe. If he thought it was best for River to be gone, then the money turned out to be GOOD enough. He'd still have his family on the ship. If you check out his character stats in the Serenity RPG handbook, you get the feeling that while Jayne's greedy, he's got a leaning toward loyalty as well. With all that happened from Trash, to Heart of Gold, to the movie, I believe Jayne would have bought off his complications and gained loyalty, if I were to go by game terms.

Loyalty, strength, decisiveness, tough as nails, sounds like a good recipe for a big damn hero to me.

Features Writer
Features Writer
*sporfle*

I just got a mental image of Cobb in a Superman costume wearing that hat his mamma made him.

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So Comicon came to our town and Adam showed up, and I got a picture with him(which I don't want to post because I don't like my own picture(blergh) But I got pics of Adam while I was waiting in line for his signature!!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

It was really cool. He signed a photo of himself for my oldest who is in the military and on the message he wrote "thank you for your service". I got all verclemped...

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois: 'Darn these panty hose, they always get in the way of kicking villains butts. See how they've ripped all the way up to here.'

Clark Kent/Adam Baldwin: 'I'll be in the supply closet.'

Lois: I was on my way to the Fudge Factory and this fire hydrant just happened to explode right by me and now I'm all wet. Can you dry me with your heat vision Superman?

Superman/Adam Baldwin: 'I'll be in my fortress of solitude.'

Hahaha, I'm having a hard time picturing 'Jayne Cobb' as Superman but I love Adam Baldwin so much, I'm willing to give it a chance.

I JUST finished watching the Firefly series for the 1st time - loved it!! Anyone know of some really good fanfic? I browsed through fanfiction.net but didn't see anything that caught my eye.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked him as Jayne and I like him as Casey on Chuck. He has a deadpan sense of humor there.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Catherine Bruce:
*sporfle*

I just got a mental image of Cobb in a Superman costume wearing that hat his mamma made him.
Well, it might just work...

[Linked Image]

Originally posted by stephnachia:
Anyone know of some really good fanfic? I browsed through fanfiction.net but didn't see anything that caught my eye.
Lots of fiction on Twisting The Hellmouth - mostly Buffyverse crossovers, but some Dr. Who crossovers and non-crossovers too.

http://www.tthfanfic.org/Category-1-29/Firefly.htm

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol

Marcus - That picture fits the image perfectly.

I know there was another discussion a few years back about Firefly, Serenity, and fanfic. Ah, here it is.

Enjoy!

BJ

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol

Thank you! You just brightened up my day!

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard