Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
TOC's birthday thread just made me thinking:
You have these nice birthday threads every so often which I really think of as a nice idea.
Is there a display of the daily birthdays?
Do we have a calender?
Or do you simply know that "just like that" because you've known each other for quite some time and remember your friends' birthday?

Jana smile

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
Kerth
Kerth
People can elect in their profile to show their birthdate (or I think you used to be able to). I remember Ann's because it falls near a significant date for me. Otherwise I'm clueless.

I believe, in the main, it's option C - people just know when their friend's birthdays are.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, it's a mix of getting to know other FoLCs here very well as good friends or checking someone's profile, or sometimes just picking up clues from various posts made and things said in passing.

I usually start a thread for Andreia's birthday, for example, because I learned a few years back that it falls on the same day as mine, so I always remember it.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ah, okay, thanks smile

This fandom never ceases to amaze me smile1 - I've been member of MBs where they had an official display of birthdays and no one ever thought of congratulating anyone.

Jana,
very happy to be here

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What's nice is that they also know when not to. Most of my closer friends have probably heard me mention at some point or other that I don't like birthday threads. Some of them also know that I wasn't really in a mood to celebrate this year. So, even though they knew when it was, they allowed my birthday to pass quietly and pleasantly. smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh yeah, Paul, now that you mention... smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What's nice is that they also know when not to
That is a very good point. And one I can totally understand.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard