Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211995 06/03/07 10:07 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay... A while ago (as in, over a year ago) I found a wonderful recipe on the net for Thai chicken stir fry with peanut sauce. It tasted just like they make down at my local Thai takeaway place.

I really want to make it again, the only problem being that I can't find the recipe I used last time. I've been searching Google, in vain, for something similar to what I used. I remember it used real peanuts crushed in the food processor, fish sauce and I think lemon grass.

I keep searching for things like 'authentic Thai peanut sauce' but all that gets me is a bunch of recipes that use peanut butter and don't even mention fish sauce!

So I guess I was just wondering if anyone happens to have a similar recipe at home for this particular dish? I'm craving it... laugh

Thanks!

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#211996 06/04/07 12:02 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I found a page that has a peanut sauce with fish sauce. Maybe it's similar (or the same) as the one you're looking for? (Move down to find peanut sauce)

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/foodday/fd0397/fd031197.html

Another interesting page:

http://www.thaitable.com/Thai/cooking/peanut_sauce.htm

malu

#211997 06/04/07 06:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
You may want to check for "Chicken Sate" recipes. These generally have the peanut sauce you are speaking of and may provide you with the one you are looking for. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#211998 06/04/07 10:18 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thanks malu and Jojo! I did actually search for 'Chicken Sate' and 'Chicken Satay' and 'Satay Gai' and all sorts of other variations. No luck. *sigh*

Thanks for the link to the recipe, malu. I don't think it's quite the one I was looking for, as I don't remember the one I made having curry paste in it. But I might give it a try all the same...

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard