Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay. This is my vent about cars breaking down.

I hate when they do that. mad It's never happened to me before (which I suppose is a good thing...), but it did today, with no warning other than my car suddenly slowing down before I coasted to a stop. Luckily, some nice guys saw what had happened and came and helped me push it off the road. Because I was stopped in the middle of the road just after an intersection. Gah!

I called my dad and he came with some petrol (in case it was just that) and tow ropes. He ended up towing me home (which was weird) because it was not just the lack of petrol. *sigh* It couldn't be so easy, could it?

So somehow I need to get someone to look at the car (but it's dead...so either someone will have to come to my house to do that or I get it towed to the mechanic), plus I have to take the bus to work tomorrow. And I'm not going to be able to pick up someone for youth group either. GAH!

razz

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Kerth
Kerth
Has to happen sooner or later - it's always worth joining some sort of insurance / breakdown service if there's one available.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yeah...I should have joined the AA (Automobile Association), but I haven't up till now because I haven't had any trouble. I guess I should have done it anyway...

*sigh* At least my dad was around to tow me home. I'm going to try and see if someone from the mechanics will come to my house this morning to take a look at it.

~Anna.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank heavens for mobiles! At least you didn't have to walk miles to find a phone to get help. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
That's true. smile Mobiles do help. As do helpful guys from nearby pubs who see your distress and come push your car off the middle of the road. laugh

The mechanic can't come out (I guess I wasn't expecting it to be that easy, really...). I have to pay an extra $50 + gst (12.5%) for a tow truck to come get it. And I have to leave it unlocked with the key under the sun visor.

Oh well...at least it doesn't run so no one can steal it... Plus the radio doesn't work, so it's not worth stealing (and if they do, I won't be worried...).

Sucks having to go to work... grumble

~Anna.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Okay, so it's going to cost me $360 NZD for the tow, the labour, the new cambelt, the new brake pads and the machining of the brake thingies... Not too bad for all that, but it's still going to make me have to miss out on buying an Ipod with my tax rebates. *sigh* I'd been looking forward to that.

But at least I'll have my car back tomorrow evening. smile

~Anna.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
At least you had a legitimate reason for your car to stop working...

I was on a road trip a couple years ago with some other people from my college. We were going from Storrs, Connecticut, USA to Boynton Beach, Florida, a trip of about 1385 miles (2229 kilometers) and the guy driving had trouble reading the digital gas gauge, and the guy riding shot-gun couldn't read it either. I had fallen asleep in the backseat and woke up when we started slowing down... We ran out of gas. We were able to coast to the exit ramp and pull over, then had to walk about a mile and a half to the nearest gas station. Very embarrassing.

From Pheremone, My Lovely:

Clark: Lois! Please! Get a grip!
Lois: Believe me, I’d love to!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard