Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Considering people here were talking about other recent Smallville episodes, I can't believe no one is discussing Phantom yet! Or maybe people are still in shock and awe, kinda like I am LOL! wink

Holy ... freakin' ... CRAP! thumbsup

Oh and how great was it when Lois still beat the guy to a pulp AFTER he stabbed her in the gut? That was AWESOME! Go Lois!! clap

Can't wait to see Bizarro and Clark *really* battle it out!

Oh man it's gonna be a long summer!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I was a bit disappointed by this ep.

Everyone is dead or nearly dead. Its like the old joke where everyone's in contract negotiations so they leave them at death's door. Too many in jeopardy waters down the impact and made it a bit dumb.

And I'm afraid I'm not a Bizarro fan.

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
The spoilers were so horrible that I didn't watch the ep. From the reactions of people I usually agree with, I'm happy with my decision.

I was very unhappy with what I heard about Lois, Lionel, and Chloe.

I was somewhat unhappy with what I heard about Martian Manhunter and Clark.

I despise the Lex/Lana/Clark love-triangle.

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
The only person who is nearly dead is Chloe. Who is "everybody?" Did we watch the same show LOL? Besides, every finale of Smallville ends with cliffhangers like this - nothing new.

You're the first person I've heard from that didn't like it on five different message boards and in RL - so it's safe to say you are largely in the minority there. wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
You're the first person I've heard from that didn't like it on five different message boards and in RL - so it's safe to say you are largely in the minority there.
Apparently you don't frequent TWoP wink .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I guess I'm just a maverick

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I thought it was a great episode! The Bizarro thing was a total surprise, I did not see that one coming.

I really hope Chloe isn't dead. The healing tears are very phoenix like, so I can't help but wonder if she will have other phoenix like powers.

It doesn't seem like we could possibly be done with Lana so eaisly as a simple car bomb. I think she staged it. I don't believe Lex would have killed her. He is capable of a lot of evil, but I think that in his own twisted way, he really does love Lana.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
Blogger
Blogger
popping out of lurkdom, honestly the episode was very good IMHO thumbsup clap

and it makes sense that Chloe would die to make room for Lois...though i love Chloe

and eek the powers or gal friday has seem kinda cool, better then i thought it would be!

*pops back to lurkdom* smile

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like to complain about Smallville as much as the next person but I actually found myself liking it very much, surprisingly. The whole Bizarro thing was a total shocker, setting up things nicely for next season. It seems this whole season has been setting the show up to resemble the comics in a number of ways with the Justice League and now villains like Bizarro. I should have known it was coming when the green kryptonite rejuvenated him instead of hurting him. How did I miss that big tipoff? I'm guessing next season, we'll find some blue kryptonite, as nothing else will hurt Bizarro.

As for the Lois/Chloe thing, it does seem like they're setting things up based on fan complaints that Chloe is a whole lot more Lois-like than Lois. So Chloe will actually transform herself into Lois Lane. Whether she just takes Chloe's personality or becomes Chloe, herself, remains to be seen. I'm thinking that Allison Mack is a goner. Too bad, I liked her a lot and now Lois probably gets all the "goodies" that Chloe built up over oh so many years. It would be nice if Lois were more Lois-like, taking over Chloe's job at the Planet. And she'd become Clark's main confidant.

I so wish Lana were really dead, but Millar and Gough like her too much to really kill her. Please, please, please be dead. Or have her off the show! Either way, the whole Clana thing must stop! That's pretty much the one thing I've despised about this whole season (and series).

I can't wait to see what happens in those arcs next season.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked “Phantom” ok enough, but it was far from one of my favorite episodes. I really don’t think TPTB have any plans to do a Chloe into Lois or Lois into Chloe move. For one thing, on the episode itself when Lois regained consciousness and saw Chloe lying against the wall she addressed her by name, which rules out any overt mind-swapping. Secondly, I’m given to understand that AM is listed in next season’s credits as a returning regular so I’d say the status quo is safe for now.

I’m not a non-Chloe fan, but other than reporting I really don’t see a lot of traits from Lois Lane, at least not any version of the character I’ve been familiar with the past 4 decades, so I’m always a bit confused when people talk about her being so “Lois-like”. But on the flip side, I haven’t been real thrilled with how they’ve handled Lois herself so far so I’m hoping they’ll do something to change it.

I did see an interview recently where one of the movers and shakers of the show commented that they had purposely placed Lois at a tabloid so we could see her character and ethics grow and that we would eventually see her begin to move toward more serious journalism. In “Prototype” there was an extra effort made to show Lois becoming aware of the power and responsibility of the press as well as the lack of respect she would always receive if she remained where she was at so hopefully season 7 will begin to show us more of the Lois we all know and love.

Bizarro wasn’t a surprise unfortunately because I can’t resist spoilers. However, there for awhile I was beginning to think the spoilers were wrong and he was going to end up being the Parasite instead because his initial powers of assuming the traits of others he touched seemed more in line with that character. Also, there was none of that shambling, nonsensical speech that marked Bizarro as completely alien either. Still, he seems like a thoroughly evil and absurdly powered monster though so the season 7 premiere should be lots of fun. laugh

I do wish we could have seen more interaction between Clark and the Martian Manhunter though.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard