Next Thread
Print Thread
#211668 05/03/07 01:20 PM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Any of you watching this? We're only twenty minutes in but so far it's the best ep I've seen in a long time...

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#211669 05/03/07 01:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm watching! It's a good one. laugh

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor
#211670 05/03/07 06:56 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Guys, I won't be able to see this episode for another year, and all this hype about Noir has been KILLING me, so please tell me what the heck is going on! Please! Episode recap, somebody!!

I cannot believe I let myself get hooked on Smallville! *groan* Noir better be good, cause so far, everything I've heard about the sixth season makes me wanna barf. And I hear they are doing another TWO seasons! Even X-Files didn't manage to escape the curse of too much of a good thing. Don't they know that all TV shows turn into a soap opera after the sixth season? Bleh.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#211671 05/03/07 10:33 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Just a tip but you can download the episodes online without torrent. I hope it's okay to post about that here. DevotedtoSmallville.com. I'm sure someone will upload Noir by tomorrow. smile

P.S. It was a great episode, IMHO. Heck this entire SEASON has been awesome! Really renewed my interest in the show! laugh

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#211672 05/04/07 12:14 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hope it's okay to post about that here.
Absolutely. I know that there are sites which, for various reasons, treat downloading as "The Method Of Watching TV Which Dare Not Speak Its Name". But we've never had to be one of them. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#211673 05/04/07 03:57 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Usually, my husband watches Smallville while I find reasons to be at the other end of the house laugh But every once in a while, he drags me to the TV to show me bits he thinks I'll like. He showed me the beginning of Noir (yay, TiVo!) and I ended up sitting on the arm of the sofa, watching the whole thing. It was good.

Loved the bit near the end, when Chloe falls a long way before Clark catches her.

Chloe: You don't have to wait til the last second, you know.
Clark: What fun would that be?

But then I'm a Chloe/Clark shipper smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#211674 05/04/07 04:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
sigh - coulda been good but Smallville continues to trivialize the character of Lois Lane. I'm a Clark and Lois Lane shipper so this ep was a disappointment. This was a chance to break away from the Clana , hint at the adult Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

have to say, I like Chloe and Jimmy together, though.

c.

#211675 05/04/07 06:33 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by ccmalo:
This was a chance to break away from the Clana, hint at the adult Clark Kent and Lois Lane.
Yeah, but did they use any of those dozens of chances they had in the past years?

I've read on some blog about the decline of TV ratings. Because of such alarming and depressing changes, I wonder if there will be season 7 and 8 or if they will have to cancel their thoughts and plans for s8. While Smallville was able to be proud of their almost 6 million viewers in the last season, "Noir" seems to be down to 3.55 m which also means a loss of viewers of over 30% within this season!

#211676 05/04/07 12:49 PM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
The thing is - last season (well, the first part of it) was good. They thought it was going to be the last season. We got character growth and forward momentum and mytharc stuff. Then they realized their ratings were good enough for another season, and all forward momentum came to a screeching halt, and they've been stagnating since. Especially with the resurgence of Clana.

But there may be a reason for that resurgence, given recent spoilers - a reason I might not hate, depending on how it plays out.

#211677 05/06/07 05:30 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I liked NOIR also. I thought that the "kids" looked great in vintage 40's black and white...I was actually surprised how well Tom Welling did as the bumbling Clark Kent...would have loved to see a lot more of that. And Tom Welling is no boy anymore....since he just turned 30, he looked awewome in the 40's Talon in that suit! Wow!

Loved Lois as a sultry bar singer and the allusion to LnC's Teri Hatcher Lois singing "I've Got a Crush on You"...also her having an affair with Lex. That had to be a tribute to to Lois and Clark:TNAOS...after all, we've never seen any inkling of Lex being interested in Lois before on Smallville.

When Lana said about Lex that "if I run, he'll track me down...etc", to me that was foreshadowing for the season finale. I believe that Lana is going to fake her death somehow so that Lex will think she's dead. Lionel will probably arrange it somehow, and give her enough $$ to disappear for a very long time.

This could align a bit with comics continuity (which is a moving target lately anyway), where Lana disappeared for many years after high school and didn't resurface in Smallville until much later when Clark was in Metropolis working at the DP and starting his Superman career.

So I believe that Chloe will survive and Lana's death will be faked. After all, they've got Aaron Ashmore coming back next season...why would they have him without Chloe? All of the people that think that Lois Lane = Chloe - well, in comics lore, Jimmy and Lucy Lane were an item...Lucy was blonde...Chloe is blonde...what's to say that Lucy Lane doesn't die and Chloe takes over her identity? That would be a creative way for Chloe to be in current comics continuity...

And did anyone see (Off-topic) that the Kansas town that was leveled by the tornado (Greensburg)was known for its meteorites? Here's a blurb from AOL.com abou it:

For decades, meteorite hunters from throughout the world have been drawn here to hunt for space rocks in the rich soil near here. The town's extensive meteorite collection, including its famed 1,000-pound pallasite meteorite, is another casualty of the storm.
How strange it that??

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#211678 05/06/07 12:57 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
In comics continuity Lucy Lane is married to Daily Planet reporter Ron Troupe and they have a child.

That pretty much lets Jimmy out.

Tank (who points out that one of the teaser ads for DC Comics next big event, 'Countdown', is "Jimmy Olsen Must Die!")

#211679 05/06/07 02:10 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank signed off with:
Tank (who points out that one of the teaser ads for DC Comics next big event, 'Countdown', is "Jimmy Olsen Must Die!")
I'm sorry. I know what a huge Jimmy fan you are. It must be hard.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard