Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211655 05/02/07 10:21 PM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Just wanted to let those of you who've been making music videos with country songs know something: you've forced me to buy my first ever country album!

Yes, it's true. I just brought Rascal Flatt's CD 'Feels Like Today' on Amazon. And it's all your fault! Or, more specifically Kltpzyxm's and Lois Lane Wanna Be's.

Eh, I guess I'll forgive you, since you introduced me to such fantastic music... wink

Has anyone else ever started loving a new genre of music because of something like this? Or simply a new artist? I haven't before this.

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#211656 05/03/07 01:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Anna,

yeah, I think, the Rascal Flatts have pretty nice songs and the music vids made out of their music are fantastic! I've never heard of them before I got here but I really like it.

Actually thinking about it, what you described is similar to what happened to me: Since I've seen the wonderful vids Rachel aka Psychofurball has made with 30 seconds to Mars ( The Kill ), Saliva ( Always ) and Nickelback ( Savin\' Me ), I really got into this kind of music - much to the dismay of my boyfriend who just got used to my normal drooly heartachy sweet boygroup stuff laugh

So thanks to all the Folcs who make us known of so different kinds of music all the time! clap

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#211657 05/03/07 05:05 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A few years ago, when I decided to try listening to country music, it was at least half-way because of L&C music videos. "This Kiss" "Any Man of Mine" and "Carrying Your Love With Me" come to mind but there were probably more. Oh! "My Baby Loves Me" too. Somewhat to my surprise,* I found I liked pretty much all the songs my local station played. smile

*I live in North Carolina but grew up a Yankee. To my knowlege, none of my friends or family is a country fan, so I've had to explain myself multiple times. <sigh> I'd kinda like to go to a concert, but it's no fun to go alone...

Rascal Flatts is terrific. "Mayberry" is one of the early songs I remember hearing -- it was really fun to sing along to.

Anyway, um, yeah, country music L&C videos have definitely expanded my musical tastes smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#211658 05/03/07 06:38 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I totally blame FOLC videos for a lot of songs I enjoy now. One the worse is "I can be your Hero" by Enrique Igleses(sp?) I was totally disgusted by that song until someone made a LNC video of it. It made me grin so hard my cheeks hurt. It was one of the first things I downloaded to my hard drive when I came back online.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
#211659 05/03/07 07:00 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Tell me. Rascall Flatts and Daniel Powter "Bad day", Carrie Underwood... My family can't hear the country songs anymore but when I am in my car smile1 I turn the music up. I love it and there are always new songs.

#211660 05/03/07 08:50 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Ahh, so I'm not the only one. Good to know. laugh

I'm also interested in some of the other bands used in various FOLC music videos, but am not quite ready to spend all my money on new CDs. Rascal Flatts for now...others perhaps later... wink

So, is country music the main genre that people have come to like? I know I was never really into it before now, except for a couple of random songs by random artists that friends told me about years ago.

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
#211661 05/03/07 09:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hah! The boards are how I discovered Rascal Flatts too. How funny. <g> But I love them now. In fact I did a music video to their song "What Hurts the Most". Andie Anderson also did a vid to that song. So there's 2 more you can watch if you are so inclined.

I have to agree with Jana that Rach introduced me to some harder stuff that I hadn't heard before, and that I now like. Although, I still seem to be waiting on a certain vid from her by Staind... I suppose I'll be old and gray before I see that one... angel-devil

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#211662 05/03/07 09:43 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
My friends all cringe in horror when they listen to my ipod and see all the country! I used to hate it and I swore I'd never like ANY of it... and now I have a country station on the radio in my car. But I love listening to music that I originally heard in a lois and clark music video because I have the pleasant images of Lois and Clark in my mind. Not that they don't frequently inhabit my mind ANYWAY...

wink
Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#211663 05/03/07 12:52 PM
Columnist
Columnist
LOL!! DJ You crack me up.

Although, I still seem to be waiting on a certain vid from her by Staind... I suppose I'll be old and gray before I see that one...
*Bites* Don't worry, It will be done before your *that* old. wink

As for the topic. There are alot of vidders out there that used songs I haven't heard of. I was never a country fan. But now I enjoy those songs. goofy

Rach laugh

And OOOO yay,I converted(kinda but I'll take it) two of you! Muahahahaha! I'm slowly taking over the world. devil

Me: what are you looking at *Snatches pic* OMFG! Dean smeared in peanut butter?! WTF?!
Sara: LMAO it was chocolate!! smeared in chocolate!
Me: LMFAO chocolate smeared in chocolate!
Sara: LMAO the *chocolate* isn't smeared in chocolate!
Me: that's the way i read it. was trying to picture chocolate smeared in chocolate
Sara: ROTFLMAO
#211664 05/03/07 01:23 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Oh gosh, I can't count the number of songs and artists I've fallen in love with because of the vids around here. Evanasence (I think that I spelled that wrong), Five for Fighting, Nickelback. *loves*

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#211665 05/03/07 02:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL!! DJ You crack me up.
Oh, good. Well, you know, a gentle reminder never hurts. <g>

Just don't bite me too hard -- [Linked Image] -- I still have scars from the last one. LOL! I'm kidding!!! Only kidding!

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#211666 05/04/07 02:54 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes! Nickelback's saving me! blush laugh laugh

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
#211667 05/04/07 03:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, it's true. I just brought Rascal Flatt's CD 'Feels Like Today' on Amazon. And it's all your fault! Or, more specifically Kltpzyxm's and Lois Lane Wanna Be's.
Hee hee! Well, if converting someone into a Rascal Flatt's fan is a fault, I'm happy take the blame for it. laugh They were the group that started me listing to counrty music in the first place.

- Lauren

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive, wormhole refractors. You know the thing you need most of
all? You need a hand to hold.
~10th Doctor

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard