Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
dh24 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Anyone think tonight's Desperate Housewives had lots of familiar elements in it?

The scene with the car window reminded me of Dean in Rat Race. And Susan going to Dr Friskin ... er, I mean a therapist. And then when Susan went to Mike's door, it reminded me of Lois going to Clark's door in Whine Whine Whine and telling him she was seeing a therapist.

Wonder if any of that was on purpose since I've heard that they used elements of Teri's role in Soapdish for a scene earlier this season.

Merriwether
Merriwether
I've been making comparisons between DH and LnC for a few weeks now. This particular line..

I am totally hopelessly in love with two men.
All I could think was at least this time they're two different men. The scene on the porch last night made me compare Mike to Clark and Ian to Lex, though Ian is not quite as evil. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Definitely thought that during the parking lot scene with the car, that she was projecting Katie Banks taking over Lois' body..so reminescent of that scene in Ghosts!

Oy! Some of these plots just get annoying after awhile. I originally starting watching the show because it was fresh and inventive. Now it's same old, same old!

Jo

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by JoMurf:
Oy! Some of these plots just get annoying after awhile. I originally starting watching the show because it was fresh and inventive. Now it's same old, same old!
I agree!

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now it's same old, same old!
While, I've been aware that this season plots are being rehashed, I so far find that I don't mind at all and I'm still thoroughly enjoying myself.

I guess it's that same suspension of belief you have to bring to soap operas - I mean, just how many major secrets/incidents can you have in one small street? Just like in a soap, if it was real life you'd have them all committed or wonder if that street lay on some kind of demonic fault line. goofy The media would be camped out wondering why it was bucking the stats for normality so heavily by the day.

So, for now, I treat it like that soap opera and that's working fine for me. Which is kind of bizarre when you consider that I don't watch soap operas at all. Not a one. LOL!

Having said that, I'm not sure they can keep it going for a fourth season - I'll check in, but I have to wonder what they'll do then, since they've gone over so much of S1 and S2's old ground in this one! So I might find my interest waning by that point. We shall see.

On LNC comparisons - I've always thought it amusing that both Lois and Susan are terrible at cooking. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Having said that, I'm not sure they can keep it going for a fourth season - I'll check in, but I have to wonder what they'll do then, since they've gone over so much of S1 and S2's old ground in this one!
You know, I've been wondering that myself. My interest in the show really waned this season. But then a couple of things started happening...Do I remember correctly that the airings across the pond are a little behind the US? I won't spoil anything just in case, but there have been a couple of interesting developments in the past couple of weeks...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard