Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#211591 04/28/07 03:37 PM
dh24 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Just wondered if anyone wanted to discuss the show Heroes since I saw some people list it in the TV show thread.

I'm looking forward to the episode that takes place 5 years in the future!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Well the MADTV version is pretty funny. I haven't watched the actual show yet though, but Bobby Lee is hilarious.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We did have a Heroes thread - but, sadly, it was one of the casualties of the forum crash a little bit back and vanished. So there are definitely plenty of fans around.

I'd love to discuss the show, but in the UK we're miles behind the US (I think tomorrow's episode is Godsend) and I really don't want to be spoiled - part of the fun is seeing what revelations turn up each week. So I'll have to pass. Which really sucks. razz

But I'm sure the rest of you will have fun. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My husband and I have been watching regularly... it's just fascinating. Peter's going to have to learn to *never* turn his back on Sylar, even if he is invisible. And how to duck.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
My husband and I have, too, along with quite a few people at work. I put a Vote Petrelli badge up in my cubicle, and one coworker saw it and wanted a copy. smile I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode. smile1

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Blogger
Blogger
Vote Petrelli badges? They have those? I want one!!!

So does anyone have any theories about what's coming in the next few eps?

-Estrellita

Merriwether
Merriwether
Vote Petrelli badges? They have those? I want one!!!
http://votepetrelli.com/downloads.shtml

I downloaded the sticker version and made it smaller, but I don't have a way to create an actual sticker of it. But there's a shop where you can buy actual buttons. Hmm.. looks like they took off the hat.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, I like Heroes. Liked it enough to write a 12 part crossover...

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001080

Discussions sound fun...

dh24 Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
in the UK we're miles behind the US
Desperate Housewives is currently only 3 days behind in the UK, so I would have figured Heroes had caught up during the 7 week hiatus, but I guess not frown

Wow, didn't know they had the campaign stuff. Interesting.

12 part crossover...
Very cool idea, Shayne!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I love Heroes!

Peter and Hiro are my favs.

If anyone wants to get some spoilers on upcoming episodes, go to Herosite.com, and click on spoilers. smile

It's looking pretty good for the next four episodes! laugh

And I believe it says there that is IS coming back for a second season. YAY! dance

-Breanna

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, anybody else as confused as me? Future-Hiro wants to go back in time to "save the cheerleader/save the world". That would keep Sylar from healing when Hiro slashed him with the sword. Right? Sylar survived & New York was devastated... but Claire's still alive anyway?? So saving the cheerleader was insufficient change to save the world? Except, once Peter saved Claire, *he* got the healing power, so where'd the big scar come from? goofy Sylar just keeps playing that boy, over and over...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Pam, it goes like this:

1. Sylar gets stabbed, regenerates, explodes.

2. Future Hiro goes back in time to get Peter to save Claire so that he won't regenerate.

3. Things change. Claire lives. But now Peter explodes. (Peter himself explicitly stated this in the ep, and Sylar confirmed it when they faced each other.) Everyone thinks it's Sylar because Nathan covered it up, but in this (second) timeline, the bomb is really Peter.

4. Since there was still a bomb (and since everyone still thinks it was Sylar), nothing really changes except that Claire gets to live.

5. Present Hiro returns to his own time, armed with new knowledge (except, unfortunately, for the bit about Peter being the bomb instead of Sylar).

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by ChiefPam:

Oh, and I think Mohinder should change his name to Patsy goofy Sylar just keeps playing that boy, over and over...

PJ
Just watched the last episode and I have to agree, Pam, Mohinder is a real clueless duffus...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Smallville Girl:
If anyone wants to get some spoilers on upcoming episodes, go to Herosite.com, and click on spoilers. smile
-Breanna
Actually that is www.herosite.net

James

Merriwether
Merriwether
Actually, I'm really confused on the whole original/altered timeline.

Original timeline: Claire's dead, Sylar was the bomb, Peter has a scar.

Altered timeline: Everyone thinks Claire's dead, everyone thinks Sylar was the bomb, Peter has a scar.

Who's to say that there's a difference? Maybe there is no altered timeline, that this is how it originally played out? It's enough to make ya go dizzy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I thought it was hirosite, not herosite...

Anyway, in the original timeline, Sylar (who was the bomb) got stabbed by Hiro and regenerated, proving that Claire was dead.

In the new timeline, Claire is alive, and Peter and Sylar both say that Peter was the bomb.

So there are differences... it's just that they're not nearly as big as Future Hiro thought they would be. Hopefully, third time's the charm.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I'm a bit confused, too. laugh But my guess is that Peter couldn't control all the powers he got being around Sylar, and he exploded. I don't think Sylar was ever the bomb.

Future Hiro thought the key was to "save the cheerleader, save the world", but that wasn't enough - which is clear from what we saw last episode. I'm thinking that in the altered timeline, Sylar didn't get stabbed... maybe Hiro had to learn that he was supposed to stab him at a point before Sylar meets Peter to prevent Peter from exploding? dizzy

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sylar was the bomb the first time. Future Hiro was there.

Saving Claire did change some other things, too. If Sylar had killed her, Bennett would not have tried to betray the Company by helping her escape. Which is what got him locked up. Which is why he's now helping Ted get to New York. Claire's being alive is also the reason that the Haitian ran away from the company.

Anyway... in the original timeline, things happened as Future Hiro said. Sylar started to explode. Hiro stabbed him. As soon as the sword was removed, Sylar regenerated and exploded. (Hiro must have teleported out at the last second.)

Hiro did some research. He found out that the regenerating power came from Claire, and that Peter was on the subway when the power went out. He went back and told Peter to save Claire, figuring that the only major change this would create would be to remove Sylar's ability to regenerate. So that when Hiro stabbed him, he'd die.

But, as mentioned, there were other changes. Now, Peter is the bomb. But very few people know that because Nathan covered it up. (And then, later, Sylar gained Candace's power, killed Nathan, and took his place.) Basically, many of the changes made by saving Claire canceled each other out.

As for why either Sylar or Peter would explode... I'm wondering if it might have something to do with that little girl from next week's preview. Bennett's old boss says that "she's the only one who can stop Sylar," but his boss is Linderman... and Linderman wants the bomb to happen.

So maybe her ability is the power to disrupt other people's powers. Make them lose control. And they're going to use her as a weapon against Sylar. Only she runs into Peter by mistake. Who, having run into Ted, has a new power that he doesn't know how to control. He starts to explode, Hiro comes in (having been told that he needs to stop the explosion), Peter gets stabbed through the chest, the explosion is averted, and then Peter regenerates when the sword is removed.

Or something like that.

We'll see, I guess.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm confused with just one thing (HA).

Syler starts to cut open Peter's head, but the cut heals.

Syler does the same thing to Claire and it doesn't.

It don't make sense...

James

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sylar got to finish the cut with Claire. In Peter's case, he stopped and then was distracted by Mohinder.

Or maybe, in five years, Sylar has improved his cutting technique. He said he was waiting for Claire. He must have figured out a way to do it.

We do know that the wound won't heal as long as there's something still breaking the skin. So maybe he used that. We can't be sure because we didn't see what happened after he made the first cut.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard