Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I've noticed that there are a lot of us who know each others' real first names, and there are also a lot of us who don't share first names at all--so we call them by their nickname.

I just thought it would be neat to have a thread where everybody could share what they'd like to be called by everyone on the boards, whether it's their nick, their real first name, or even just "mud."

That said, everybody here is welcome to call me any of the following:
  • Darcy (my real first name)
  • DSDragon
  • DS
  • The one who wrote that one story about . . .
  • The one who did the audiofic for . . .
  • Hey, you.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Darcy, I think we already have that in the sigs.

However a folc signs their posts is most likely the way they wish to be addressed. If they don't use a sig, then we can just assume they wish us to use their nick.

Tank (who would find it hard to remember a list of names from an unrelated thread when responding in a fic feedback thread)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
*nods* The sigs are sometimes helpful, yes. But then you have people like me whose sigs have nothing to do with their name.

And I get your point about the unrelated thread thing too.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
Still, I like this idea, and I'm sure I'll look up some names here - if any are posted, that is.

So, what do I want to be called? Both Olympe and Mellie are fine with me. Just don't call me Melanie. It always reminds me of my mom (or a teacher) being mad at me...

Mellie

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Elisabeth with S but you can call me Lisa!

<winks at Nancy smile >

Seriously, though, I answer to either.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Merriwether
Merriwether
Okay, you got me. My real name is Princess Angelina Contessa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the Third.

But you can call me Karen. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
I usually try to sign my posts, but I forget a lot, so here you go. laugh

Most of you know me by Jessi, but Jessica and Jess work just as well. Or Mrs. Clark Kent, I'll answer to that one, too. wink

Jessi

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The sigs are sometimes helpful, yes. But then you have people like me whose sigs have nothing to do with their name.
I don't think Tank was referring to that kind of sig, Darcy. Could be wrong <G>, but I think what he meant was how people sign their posts. If they have the nick Olympe, for example, but always sign the bottom of their posts Mellie. wink That kind of thing.

Course, it's not always an accurate indicator - if it was we'd never call you Darcy as you never seem to use that on your posts. laugh

LabRat smile

[Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anything's fair game. My friends call me JD, but most of you know me as Jen or Shadow, and that's fine, too. The only real reason I put Jen into practice was because a few people used to think I was a guy. <g>

JD
wink

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I like the idea. And when I think of MrsMosley, I always, always think: Elisabeth with S but you can call me Lisa! And it makes me smile.

So you can call me:
  • Nancy
  • Classicalla
  • The one that wrote that story about...
  • The one that sticks her foot in her mouth...
  • Hey, you
  • Or even Meowoof

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Blogger
Blogger
You can call me Supersweet or Sweetie (but only if you're Clark!). Even Mae is fine with me, as long as you don't call me Mason. I mean, who wants to be called that? blush At least nobody can blame me for having the hots for Clark. Not with that name. wink

Mae

Columnist
Columnist
I usually remember to sign, but sometimes I forget. You can all call me Kristen. smile

I kinda like this thread to use as a reference. I notice sometimes that people forget to sign and I know that I know their names, but I just can't remember them. And I like using names if they're provided. It makes me feel like we all really know each other! blush

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Exactly my point!

And LabRat, the reason I never really sign my posts is because I never got into the habit. In other fandoms where I was a member of message boards, we either put our name in the signature, or something else, and pretty much just used usernames all the time. On the rare occasion that we used real names, we either knew them or looked in the signatures. huh

Darcy\'s Place
Blogger
Blogger
You can call me Mac or MacKenzie either is good with me. I forget to sign my name most of the time, so I put it in my sig. smile

{{{hugs to all}}}
Mac
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You can call me Anna. I think I sign my posts most of the time anyway... But yeah laugh

I like being able to call someone by their proper name. I feel weird calling someone MrsMosley (for example). But I suppose sometimes it's necessary, especially if people don't want others to know their real names, which I completely understand. smile

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey FoLCs,
Ya'll can call me
* Stephnachia
* Steph
* Nacho
* Stephanie

All my friends call me any one of those so doesn't matter to me! laugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey all!

I'm not around much anymore, but when I am, you can call me Jill; or Doc (not the Bugs Bunny kind). I've also been under the screen-name DrMcCoY97 in the past.

/me decides to call Karen Dot from now on...

Jill smile

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So long as no one calls me anything mean, I'll answer. *lol*

These are all fine to use:
  • Lara (obviously)
  • Caroline - it's my real name (but it gets confusing since there's already one here and I don't think I could live up to her reputation...)
  • Caro - it's what most of my friends call me, even the English ones. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I tend not to use my given name on message boards just because everyone thinks its some sort of screen name. (I love it though--its a family name that has been around for generations). I use it almost exculsively in real-life (with a very few exceptions for dear friends)--I've been known to ignore people who try to shorten it.

So, you are welcome to use it if you want:

Vonceil

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--
Merriwether
Merriwether
It never occured to me to put my name at the end of a post until a year after posting. I just go by what's above the avatar.

Superroo is cool b/c I use that as a reference for myself to see if anyone is given me a shout out.

Roo is cool too.

There's a RAC on here and often that fools me as that's what I used to put on boards and other places.

If you use anything else I might not notice or clue in. goofy

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard