Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Today is grocery day. I'm running out of interesting things to eat for dinner, and therefore have been left with the standard "not-yet-poor college student" fare, even though I'm not currently taking any college courses.

Not as minimal as college students eat, but not as great as people with more money eat either. For instance, where a college student might have Ramen (ick!), cold pizza (yum!) and Kraft mac 'n' cheese, I have instead eggs for scrambling, bread for toasting and/or making grilled cheese . . . and I think MAYBE some leftover Country Crock mashed potatoes. As well as some Girl Scout cookies and some Campbell's creamy tomato Soup at Hand which I'm saving for lunches.

So I'm going grocery shopping in about 40 mins. I'm trying to convince my 18-year-old sister to come with me, because she helps me not to splurge too much when I'm at the store and I REALLY can't afford to splurge right now.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Let's see...

I'm very glad this week is over because it was month and quarter end, which meant work was nuts.

All morning and early afternoon I had a children's ministry workshop, and this evening are the Kerths! *excited*

And tomorrow I've just got church and then an afternoon of being lazy!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Homework. I have to spend this quarter in the library's reference section prepping for my fall review, and I'm already sick of the quiet atmosphere after a week. <g> And I have to do this for the rest of my career? <g>

I'm still thinking about the Kerths. It would be nice to be online since I haven't done the ceremony in about 3 years. But I can feel my sketchbook glaring at me. <g> If I'm at the Kerths, it means I'm not working on my portfolio.. I'll think about it while I'm at church...

The Reaping comes out this weekend. It may be a must-see for me.

Regarding the grocery shopping, GOD cooking is such a chore. smile What are those masochist, stove-top worshippers thinking.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Regarding the grocery shopping, GOD cooking is such a chore. What are those masochist, stove-top worshippers thinking.
Well, I'm not a stove-top worshipper, per se . . . but I need more in my diet than just Hot Pockets and TV dinners. Not that I can AFFORD Hot Pockets and TV dinners . . .

Not to mention, going out to eat costs even more than that.

So, I'm stuck cooking one good meal a week, then having leftovers for 3-4 nights with other stuff the other 3-4 nights out of the week.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Not that I can AFFORD Hot Pockets and TV dinners . . .
Isn't it ironic how you have to pay more to eat less healthy food?

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Features Writer
Features Writer
Celebrated 15th anniversary with hubby today by playing cards all day long and watching a really bad movie (Eragon, bleaah!!!) There was French Chocolate Silk Pie from Marie Calenders involved as well. Good day.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard