Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Seeing as how I'm 8 hours away from going back to my school-induced solitude in Georgia, I really will be dying to hear about everyone's weekends for the next 10 weeks of school like you would not believe. <g> So let's hear it! I don't care if you went out partying or just reorganized your closet. Me, I slept most of my weekend away in my mom's guest bedroom and went to a piano concert tonight with a crowd.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Pretty boring weekend so far (of course, it's only Sunday morning, so who knows what will happen goofy )...

I have to take a few (well, a few.. twelve) exam sort of things next week and my weekend consists mostly of studying and what me and my friends like to call "behaviour-of-avoiding-that-studying" wink (i.e. doing everything possible from reorganizing drawers to helping your grandmom walking the dog, just so you'll have an excuse not to study)
Am Monntag habe ich eine Deutsche Prüfung --> aber das besteht nur aus Lesen und ein bisschen Schreiben und das ist nicht so schwer. (aber ich bin sicher in diesem Bericht gibt's sehr viele Fehler..)
(For those of you who don't speak German, that was just a bit of babbling with a whole lot of grammatical errors in it. laugh )
And I'm really nervous because I have one day with Arts / Art History, English AND Science (and science is like my major eek )

Well, enough babbling for now blush

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi Selinde, well apart from the fact that Montag has only one n in it, it's almost right. So congrats, I'm sure you'll pass your exams just perfectly wink

My weekend... well, I've been writing. I still have to find a birthday present for my mom, which starts to worry me. But hey, I've still got a week. I'm trying to relax, because the semster will start in April and I guess I'll be pretty busy then.

So what do I do? Nothing much

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
my weekend consists mostly of studying and what me and my friends like to call "behaviour-of-avoiding-that-studying" [Wink] (i.e. doing everything possible from reorganizing drawers to helping your grandmom walking the dog, just so you'll have an excuse not to study)
We call that "procrastination" wink .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Features Writer
Features Writer
My oldest is 14, so last night she asked me to take her and her two best friends to the mall. I'm one of those parents that insist on being in the same location as my child(and within 50 feet if we are outside) so this meant an evening of sitting around drinking Caribou coffee with a recently purchased book.

That was okay though, I found a paperback of the movie SERENITY. The kids were prompt about checking in with me at 7pm and I offered to take them to Applebees for appetizers. It was a nice time, but I think the neatest part was this tagalong teen that wasn't initially scheduled to come with us. I okay'd it only because she was able to call her mom on the spot and get permission. Anyway, when I went to get the car while the kids waited in the doorway(it was raining) she asked to come with me because she said she liked the rain. I wasn't too sure, because I didn't know this kid and when I had taken them to the resturant she was the one who sat around looking depressed (I think they assign these roles, 'cause there's a girl like this in EVERY teen mob)

I said she could come with me to get the car if she wanted, and on the way there we made small talk about weather, until we got to the car and then she said "You are the coolest mom, ever"

I was sort of taken aback, because I didn't hang out with them except to eat, had never met this child before this trip. She told me that my daughter had said how I ALWAYS insist on chaperoning the trip(meaning I never leave the locale my kids hang out in. I still make the 9 year old hold my hand in the mall) and she told me how my oldest daughter was saying how she appreciated my willingness to threaten them for their behavior when they got out of hand (I'm guessing she was saying this in a way that sounded cool. I always thought it was embarassing that I had to shout them down or smack them upside the back of their heads.)

Anyway this kid suddenly seemed kind of pitiful to me, for her to think a paranoid disciplinarian was a cool parent. I only chuckled and told her I would punch my oldest daughter for talking about me when we picked them up.

Anyway, it was a fun time. The kids were great as usual and my oldest was grateful enough to offer to help clean house today. I'll make her do the bathroom. evil

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Well, yesterday was pretty gloomy. It was overcast and rainy...one of those days you just want to spend curled up on the couch watching L&C laugh

BUT, My husband and I decided to get out and do some running around.

We did our usual weekend shopping, and ate out at our favorite Chinese restaurant.

Now today the sun is shinning and it is warm so I plan to do some laundry and cleaning.

I want to get everything done and out of the way because I have my Mondays off as well and plan to continue writing my latest L&C story.

I lead a pretty low key life, but it's nice and stress free wink

So, are you saying you won't be on the boards for the next 10 weeks, or that you will be on just on the weekends?

I hope the latter. 10 weeks without the MB and the men in little white coats would have to come and take me away jump cat

FinLi

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
We call that "procrastination" wink .
Thanks, C_A, I'll add that to my what-have-I-learned-today list wink

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, the weather here has been *gorgeous* -- clear, sunny, warm but not too hot... so yesterday, we packed up the kids & our little boat and went to the lake for the day. It was the first time we'd tried that trip, and, well, we learned lots of things *not* to do next time laugh but it was still fun. Kelley took us all out for a spin, but it was a bit too cramped, so he took us back to the little beach right next to the sailboat launch. He went back out by himself while the kids and I stayed on shore (he and I both had cell phones). I had a nice folding chair to relax in, and the kids had a terrific time wading in the lake. They stayed close enough that I could yell at them from time to time laugh but they behaved really well.

Next time, I'm taking a paperback, but for yesterday my sudoku puzzle book sufficed. It was just a beautiful day. Today's another one (I teach kindergarden at Sunday school, and we took the kids out to the playground between first and second service), but for the most part I think I'm okay with the great indoors today. wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I don't normally join in on these threads since I don't generally do anything interesting, but what the heck.

Saturday,me and a couple of friends took a moderate road trip to LaCrosse to look at guitars.
Dave's Guitars in LaCrosse is one of the largest guitar dealers in the country. But that wasn't the main reason we went.

The entire second floor of Dave's store is dedicated to the display of Dave's personal collection. It's way cool. This man has quite an impressive collection. The value of those instruments runs into several million dollars. (I hope he had great security, and good insurance!)

The collection makes the store a point of destination for guitar enthusiasts all around the area, but the store isn't too shabby either.

All in all we spent around an hour and a half in the store and then went and had a nice late lunch in town.

I'm spending my Sunday like I usually do... doing laundry and avoiding working on my latest fic.

Tank (Who is proud to say that he didn't buy a guitar... this time)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I had a *wonderful* Saturday, myself. smile

Mom and I had tickets to a live HD broadcast from the Metropolitan Opera of Il barbiere di Siviglia. We were sitting right here in Montreal, in a movie theater. I can't tell you how odd it was to see people eating popcorn, but anyway... (I mean, come on, people, it's an OPERA... you don't eat popcorn at the opera!!!)

Now, let me tell you, I've seen operas before - I've seen one in Paris, even - but this is by far the best I've ever seen! The cast was amazing and the entire presentation was absolutely magnificent!

I am SO going to the next ones. smile1 There are 2 more this season and apparently there's going to be 8 next season. It's a LOT better - at 20-something $ a seat - than paying 70$ for so-so seats and an acceptable but nowhere near mind-blowing performance of the Montreal Opera.

I spent most of Sunday working on a story. Still working, actually. laugh I might finish this part tonight!! Weee!!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Kerth
Kerth
On Saturday, I took 23 of my students to the County History Day competition (the projects had previously won at the school and district level). Four of the 12 projects came in third place in their respective categories - the top two projects move on to the state competition. I was very proud of all their work! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm I'll sum this up quickly:

Wed: Was locked out of my house for 2 hours

Thurs: Found out my boss is quitting and leaving me to be manager... which is nice but there is a mess she is leaving that is HUGE.

Fri: My cat jumped into my lap and proceeded to pee on me and then jumped right out. It was a drive by peeing... I was not happy.

Sat: I was forced to watch Naked Lunch... and then at 10:30pm was made to go a party that was an hour away. I didn't want to go and didn't like the girl whose b-day was being celebrated. Had to go anyway. Boyfriend got drunk I had to drive him home. People at party acted like teenagers who had never drank before and everyone was getting sick. Got home at 4:30am

Sun: I'm getting the flu. Yay

So yes... i'm batting 1000 this week.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I had a most awesome weekend. Drove 7 hours to spend a weekend at Lake Erie (I call it my "ocean") with some girlfriends and scrapbook and chit-chat. Wonderfully relaxing. I'm one of those people that needs to go to Lake/Ocean to refresh. Much needed!

Jo

Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, it's still technically my weekend, as I work a Tue-Sat workweek. So Saturday was spent plotting the demise and torment of a coworker who called out yet again. (He's not sick, he's lazy). So we decided we're all going to the zoo next Saturday. Not that we'll do it, but it's fun to think about.

Sunday: Went to see the Last Mimzy. Very cute movie. Then I spent the part of the afternoon planting. I got a few tomato and green pepper seedlings, and planted some herb seeds. I don't seem to have much luck with actual seeds, so I hope these actually sprout and live. I do much better when they're already started.

Today is chore day. I have to get my oil changed and the car inspected, then after that, it's house chores. I need a maid service. Or children. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've pretty much typed as much as I want to type about my weekend on my blog , but I will add one thing:

I found out last night that my best friend, who's been away at MP (military police) school in Missouri for what seems like forever, will actually be back home for almost 3 weeks before he goes to Japan, so I'll actually get to HANG OUT WITH HIM before he is gone for another year or so. YIPPEE!!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard