Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I posted about my "night job" in a thread somewhere on the N side of the boards and explained a little bit what it is that I do...

People wrote and asked more questions. *lol*

I test objects and addons to be used in 3D applications. You've all heard of Happy Feet, right? Well, the penguins are 3D characters. You knew that, didn't you? <g> Now, mind you, stuff I test has nowhere near the quality of these little guys.

The majority of content objects I test are meant for an application named Poser. Using it is like playing virtual barbie. No joke. You can't really create any content (you can output images and movies but you wouldn't be able to model a new character, for instance) with this software, you have libraries of objects and presets which you can use - they will all have been made in another application (modeling or texturing application). Once you get inside Poser, you'd put a character in your scene and then... do something with it. wink

Here's a quick little example of sorts. Hopefully it explains things... I added images at the end, which I made. I might not have created any of the 3D content that I used to make the images with, but the end result is most definitely all mine.

Click Me to See! (note that you can click the images on the page to see bigger versions of them)

I hope this answers most of the questions that you guys had. If there are more... well, you know where to find me!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That is some very cool work, LaraMoon. thumbsup

I always admire the people who can do that sort of stuff. My brother's into it too - he did a Bachelor of Computer Graphic Design. I'm sure he'd understand all of what you do more than I do!

~Anna.

Lois: Jimmy, give me back my dress.
Clark: Now there's something you don't hear around the newsroom everyday.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, Lara, that's awesome. There is a Swedish expression, almost certainly borrowed from the English language, which says that "the clothing makes the man" or something. Well, the clothing certainly made the fairy here! Fantastic. clap

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice, Lara!

Ann are you sure this is borrowed from the English? Cause we Germans use the same expression wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
smile thanks guys! It looks impressive, I guess, but it's a lot easier than it looks. Of course, I've been playing with the software every single day for six years, but... you know... it's not that hard.

Oh ...and we an expression that sort of sounds like that in French, too. hehehe! "l'habit ne fait pas le moine" - though it's in negative form and for some reason, in ours, the man became a monk. *lol*

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
That is so cool, Lara!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Woow Lara, I'd seen some of your graphics already, but you keep surprizing me every time! smile1 It's so amazing (and I'm really jealous of you laugh I want to be able to do that too goofy )

Keep posting this stuff me wuvs it blush

Originally posted by TOC:
There is a Swedish expression, almost certainly borrowed from the English language, which says that "the clothing makes the man" or something.

Ann
"De kleren maken de man." We know it too in Holland wink

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
There's a demo version of Poser (the app I use) that you can download and play with. I didn't know there was, but looks like it. smile I don't know for sure what's being blocked in the demo version, but this should give you an idea of what the application is like. smile

Poser Demo

There's a PC and a Mac version (woohoo!)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, I found that one yesterday! smile1

This is what I made. (You have to think the suit with it since I couln't make any clothes. And the hair too. And you must not be to critic about his pose. He looks like his is sniffing his armpit. But he isn't. It's supposed to be Superman. wink )

Oh and by the way, it's supposed to be a 30 days trial, but when I started it up this afternoon, it said that my time has expired grumble

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well, hey, that's not bad at all!

Lousy about the trial version, though... they're not very bright are they? *sigh*

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That is the neatest thing!!!

I really liked the pictures you made.

I'll have to give it a try wink

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, hey, that's not bad at all!

Lousy about the trial version, though... they're not very bright are they? *sigh*
Thanks, Lara blush

I'll be looking for the full version sometime (want to play with it some more, can't stand it that I only had it for a few hours! wink )

Don't think this is something I could be even remotely good at, though. Guess I'll just have to stick to good ol' Photoshop wink

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Beautiful work, Lara! smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow, those are really amazing. The colours are so rich.

From Ruth <SOS. I'm trapped in a beige cubical cell in an accounting office. Please find me. Need out!>

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
@ Roo -- I'm stuck in a beige cubicle too, if it makes you feel any better? LOL!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard