Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So, I see that CC promised Part 4 would be along any moment... so WHERE IS IT???? wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

Wendy (about to break the boards, she's refreshing so often... wink )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

Come on! Where are you??? peep

Tricia cool

Merriwether
Merriwether
*refreshes again*

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
<checking watch>

<refreshing boards>

<cleaning glasses, just in case>

<refreshing boards again>

where is it?????

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HURRY!! WHILE MY BOSS IS OUT!!! USUGI!!!
grovel
TEEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
joins the line

Quick CC, I have a class in 30 min smile

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack!!! eek

And LOL! laugh

So sorry. I was frowning over my comma placements, wishing I had more semi-colons. Last minute fiddling. You know how it goes.

Forgive me!!

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Wendymr Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
/me hands CC a whole bushel of semi-colons...

And WOW!!! Practically speechless here! Though I was right. The shoe did drop!

Poor Lois! Way to humiliate yourself...

“And speaking of every reporter,” she added darkly, watching another Clark Kent stumble past. “I can understand Perry being here. He’s my editor. And Cat has certain... appeal. Jimmy takes decent pictures. But him?”

“What’s wrong with him?” her Superman said quickly.

“You don’t know him. Or... not him... but who he represents. This barnacle I’ve been stuck with. A green horn from... get ready for this, you’ll think I’m making it up...”
rotflol

And then the penny drops. blush

Mind you, you could have let her find out via one of the exhibits - that would have been much worse for her. eek Poor Lois! Poor Clark!

And now the HEA wing... well, I can't wait to see what her reaction is to that!

Wendy smile (who thinks that CC darned well better have a certain file with her next week... wildguy )

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CC

WOW, WOW, WOW! smile1 Please post it ASAP! wildguy

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, worth the wait <g>

This continues to be mostly hysterical -- I *adore* all the comments from the crowds. Comments straight off message boards and mailing lists. Just too funny.

I'm looking forward to Lois's mind taking a hike after a look through the HEA wing. And then I'm looking forward to her meeting Clark in the attic goofy And I don't know how they're supposed to get back, unless they go for donuts and run into Madge...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Great part

I love it

Karla

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slipping in here to read as quickly as possible so my boss doesn't get too irritated that I'm at the computer instead of the warehouse, and finally I get it all digested just as he heads home, thinking all along, "wow, here's a cool, part" and "OH cool, this is even better!"

And then I got here...

Silly not to go in, then, really. Foolish. Unprofessional.

“So, why not?” she said aloud.
And I went "AW CRAP!!!" dizzy

Hoody hoot! Lois is gonna get one big eye-opener eek in there!

TEEEEEEJ

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
“Oh,” said one of the Perrys walking by. “Perfect. Very nice. Give the people what they came here for.”
And there you have it...CC's fiction in a nutshell.
Beeeyooootiful smile

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The man she was on this little acid trip with hadn’t called himself Superman, ever. But the woman back at EPRAD had. The guy pretending to be Perry had. And the name, along with his likeness, was certainly plastered all over the building.
Hmm...you think he has another name, Lois? Very good observation.

“From Krypton to Smallville,” she heard herself say aloud. “Interesting.”

His hand dropped from hers. His eyes closed.

“Yeah,” she said. “Now I get it.”
Oh, good God. The cat is out of the bag. cat

“He was always confused,” volunteered an older woman. “But only because he loved you at first sight.”

“Oh... god,” Clark said.

“What?” said Lois, addressing the tourist.

“He loved you and wanted you to love him for his humble, farm boy self,” someone called.
Oh, God.

Minutes later, I'm still stuck on, oh God. System overload. System overload.

Abort, Retry, Fail?
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
So Tempus is hiding them in plain sight, 200 yrs in the future.

Or so it would seem..........

Of course, if they do get back to their time, they're going to have to get a case of amnesia or it will change history

(love this time travel stuff... you can be so creative with it).

Less than 20 huh??? We'll see.

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It occurred to me, while I was shoving my kids into bed and catching them trying to slip back out, that there was a nice little note in here... when Lois is at the staff meeting, there are a whole bunch of "Superman" look-alikes but she has no trouble picking out hers. smile I thought it was kinda sweet.

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeeowee! Freakin' hysterical and yes I definately noticed some similar comments from the boards to what the crowd was calling out during the revelation! ROTFLMAO!! lol

I am jumping in my seat reading this..drinking up every word..brilliant and hysterical and just soooo clever. How, in a million years, do you come up with this stuff!

HEA huh?? This should be R-I-C-H!

~Liz (official CC fan club member)

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am getting a real kick out of this CC. Very inventive, different and refreshingly funny. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Merriwether
Merriwether
clap
laugh
rotflol
wildguy wildguy wildguy

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved this part as I have all the others, CC. As soon as I got out of class, I sat down in my office and devoured it, and then came home and savored it again this evening. If I started quoting everything I liked, it would be as long as this section, but I want to point out a few things.
“That’s right,” he returned. “I am. I’m also the guy who saved your life yesterday.”
That drew a smattering of laughter from the crowd now entering the building, but he didn’t take his eyes off hers. “Cool trick for a barnacle, huh?” he added completely unwisely.

The laughter became snickers from the groups of tourists.

“Don’t let him get away with it, Lois!” called one. “Get him.”
OMG, I had been holding my breath for the revelation, but to have it occur in front of the first tour group of the day! The really lovely part is that these people who know L&C's story so well are actually seeing the real revelation in front of them--and don't know it. Wow! With his love of irony, Tempus would be ecstatic.
“Nice meeting you, Lorraine,” Stephen said without missing a beat. “And way to get all testosterone on me, Dave!” he said to the Clark who was perched on the corner of her desk.

“Too far out of character?” Dave looked concerned. “Maybe if Clark had just done that once, it wouldn’t have taken them so long to get to the HEA room.”
Nah, Clark actually behaved that way toward Scardino almost every time he saw him, but Lois never behaved like that (telling Scardino to get lost), so she kept interpreting Clark's displays of testosterone as dog-in-the-mangerish behavior.
She sprinted up the ramp. Good, familiar ramp. Even nicked and worn in the same ways as the original. Out of long habit she ran her palm over a scar in the wood. The dent she’d left when she’d thrown her shoe at Ralph and, sadly, missed him.

Who did that? Who replicated a world right down to a scuff on a prop? Chocolate bars in a drawer?
Actually, I'm asking this right along with her. I mean, Lois remembers the gouge in the bannister now because it probably didn't happen very long ago. But that isn't the sort of detail that she would pass on to her kids and grandkids, and hence to Utopia. The same with the color sheets on the bed in her childhood home. That takes an incredible obsession to travel back in time to document those minor details just to put them in a museum.

Which brings me up to two minor details I wondered about:
some slivers of soap left drying in the dish
With the technology Clark observed at the Superman Museum, this seems way too unsanitary and archaic for the locker rooms behind the scenes.
Tousled brown hair, brown, slightly dopey eyes
And what's with giving Clark brown hair when his hair is raven's-wing black? wink

However, I'm really glad you mentioned his feelings about seeing the scenes of Krypton. It's obvious that he found the experience as emotionally devastating as Lois found the Lane wing.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard