Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Hey pet lovers out there.

Just a heads up incase you didn't know. There has been a huge pet food recall. If you want to know if you food is affected (looks like wet food), then go to the company's site.

For example, Eukanuba

I adopted two adult cats about two weeks ago(first time cat owner, still a 'dog' person). I am happy to say their food is not in the recall.

Later everyone! thumbsup

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I heard about this earlier in the week. I can't imagine how devastating it must be for those who've lost beloved pets because of this. frown Just tragic.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
Or you can go directly to the website of the manufacturer, Menu Foods Inc.

malu

Features Writer
Features Writer
This is so bad. Where I live they ran the news of a collie who was dying of kidney failure.

Dude.

As heartless as I like to think of myself, all it takes is a little doggie in pain to jar me out of my cynicism. Terrible news. Anyway, the whole food thing is out of control first the ecoli spinach, then metal in the bread...what is going on?

alcyone

One loses so many laughs by not laughing at oneself - Sara Jeannette Duncan
http://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/myl/llog/duty_calls.png
Top Banana
Top Banana
This morning, I caught this on the radio and they had the website address, so I looked it up so that I could text message it to my sister, who has two cats.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Blogger
Blogger
I do not know for sure if this is accurate or but, on my local news it was stated that the cause of the
recall was due to some of the ingredients to rat poison and that is why it had to pulled off the shelf. But, that is here in Texas where I live.

Has anyone else been able to find out anything else?
That is the latest that I have heard about the pet food recall.

Features Writer
Features Writer
This page (I don't know how long it will work) talks about the rat poison you mention, elflinn.

Aminopterin, a derivative of folic acid, can cause cancer and birth defects in humans and can cause kidney damage in dogs and cats, the statement said. Aminopterin is not permitted for use in the United States.

A report by the Associated Press identified the chemical as rat poison.
Obviously, this rat poison is not only very dangerous to pets, but also to humans.

The manufacturer, Streetsville, Ontario-based Menu Foods Inc. (...) had said it believed the culprit was wheat gluten that it had been receiving through a new supplier.
malu

Blogger
Blogger
Thanks malu! We think that is what happen to our neighbor's dog but, it was caught in time. Thank God!! So, am I happy to say that Molly, the Australian sheperd mix is still with to give everyone love!!! clap

Features Writer
Features Writer
Apparently the company will pay for the medical bills incurred, right?

Also, if you look at the link I posted on my first post (beginning of page), to the food company, it has the original press release on March 16 explaining what happened, and also has some FAQ's talking about what should pet owners do. They also have the list of recalled products.

malu

Blogger
Blogger
Actually,no. She got her money back from the Humane Society because, we thought it was due to complications,setbacks from Molly's surgery. She went to be spade and because, of complications of that the Humane society reimbursed the money for the
procedure and since the vet could not find this at first he did not charge her for any of the treatments or stay at the office for the poisioning.
She (I will not use her name) only had to actually pay for the for antibiotic for the post-op. So, Molly Bear (as I call her) was very blessed to be with us. thumbsup

Blogger
Blogger
OOOPS!! It should say is very blessed to be with 'cuz , she is alive and well!! smile

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard