Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
So I thought I'd resurrect this thread so any newbies can add their name stories. It's been fun reading through all these again.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
Features Writer
Features Writer
I never saw this thread the first time ... hm, until Steph Skywalker here brought it up today. My user name is decidedly uninteresting: I'm an editor, and Jax is a play on my maiden name. I started using EditorJax when I was on theknot.com planning my wedding, and it stuck.

On IRC, though, and among my FoLC friends, I'm Pinky/Pinks/PinkyPie. Something about me having a fondness for a certain color. laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
As any "Firefly" fans out there could most likely tell you, my alter-ego is the sly minx who managed to embarass most of the ship's crew when she took over their ship, Serenity, in order to sell it to a gang of ship-thieves.

Of course, we learn over the rest of the too-short series that 'Saffron' was only one of the names she goes by, so some fans would be more familiar with her nick-name of 'YoSaffBridge' but that's a bit of a mouthful, isn't it?? laugh

Femme fatale with a hopelessly romantic heart!
J
JDG Offline
Blogger
Blogger
J
There's an old, old song by John Fred & His Playboy Band that one my friends in high school used to sing to me constantly (which, in itself, is a really long story). The short version is that the song, "Judy In Disguise" has sentimental value for me. So, when I wanted to stay somewhat anonymous on the internet, I altered my name to "Judy D'guise". I shortened it to JDG here on the boards.

J.

Perry: Jimmy, do you know what a man needs at a time like this?
Jimmy: A baseball bat and an alibi?
Church of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooh, I missed this last time around.

A few years ago I (finally) saw the Matrix films and became obsessed with them. My obsession with Keanu Reeves was born, and Trinity was my favorite character. I love a strong leading lady and Carrie-Ann Moss did a phenomenal job. I loved the films so much a few of my friends started called me Trinity as a joke, but it never stuck as a nickname until I joined the Focldom. And now, like Sue said, it feels as much like my name as my real name does, even if no one except my folcs friends use it. smile

Thanks to Cat for my rockin' avatar!
++++
(About Lois & Clark)
Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.
Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.
Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.
Jimmy: Man, me too!
Features Writer
Features Writer
I already mentioned mine, *these* guys think my login name is funny.
[Linked Image]

TEEEEEEEJ

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Blogger
Blogger
Fauve is a character from the 1984 Judith Krantz mini-series 'Mistral's Daughter'. I always loved the sound of the name which means, I believe, 'wild cat or beast' in French. When the child was born with a crop of red hair, her father thought she looked like a little wild beast so named her...Fauve.

There is a secondary reason why I love the name...the character of Fauve, with her fearless nature but gentle heart, eventually redeems another central character in the story and she thereby contradicts her name in a way.

I don't want to give away the story for anyone hasn't seen it. This many years down the track, it is still a story I enjoy.

Fauve

Clark: I kept waiting for this incredible feeling of connection. You know, like I was exactly where I belonged, but that's only happened to me once in my life.
Lois: When?
Clark: The day I met you.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm... well lindseysevilhand wasn't really appropriate for these boards, so I picked something LnC related.

And I like it! goofy

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
Columnist
Columnist
I changed my nickname 2 days ago. I won't change it again, I'm sticking to this one really!! goofy
McLeod's Daughters is another tv show I LOVE.. and therefor: Mrs. McLeod. I just think it's more fun than: another folc. I'm sure my friends would tell you I'm very creative, but.. I'm really not blush wink

Camy

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Top Banana
Top Banana
My nick is just a substring of my first name combined with the middle and last name initials...

Ankit K. S.

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Alisha is taken from a pop group I used to love when I was younger and Knight is a family name.

Ironically, a couple of months after I decided on this name a relative of mine had a baby girl and called her Alisha!

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
This is a fun and interesting thread. smile

I joined my first message board way back during my second year of college and being as it was a He-Man one, I chose the name Zoar. Zoar is the falcon form of the Sorceress of Castle Greyskull, a character from MOTU that I admire. 3 is simply my "lucky number."

Mona

Features Writer
Features Writer
My name is in honor of my favorite and most relatable Lois Lane, Teri Hatcher. Of course 9397 stand for the years LNCTNAOS, was on. smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Mine is pretty boring.
Smiley is my last name, and D is the initial for Desiree (my real name)

I was assigned this as a username at school, and it just kinda stuck. I also sometimes use D_Smiley1, which I have on occasion stretched out into 'the smiley one' smile

by the way, some have asked what to call me. In real life most people call me Desi. It's easier than convincing people to say Dez-ir-EE instead of the Dez-ir-Aye they insist on. So you can call me desi, desiree, smiley or smileyd. I'm not really all the picky, so long as you pronounce it right! (and really, it's not like I can hear you trying to say it :rolleyes: ).

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard