Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Merriwether
Merriwether
My name story is boring and listed in the other thread, so I haven't posted... for those who didn't look, Karen is my real name, and this is one of the very very few places where I use it. I use Briana elsewhere (a name I'm going to have to give up eventually, since I'm "reserving" it for a future daughter). I've been using it so long, though, that I'll respond to it in real life.

My favorite character was a thief halfling (naturally) named Pleiades, whose claim to fame was that he was an excellent chef. I had a great time playing up that character, spending much of my time looking for cooking ingredients or trying strange recipes, sometimes to the detriment of whatever quest we were on at the time.
What is it with halflings and cooking? laugh I recently played a game where I was a halfling sorcerer/cook. My backstory was that I'd been travelling the lands learning new recipes, and looking for a certain type of recipe that I'd found a book about: magical foods. I was still trying to figure what that character would need to make those foods, though... muffins of mage armor, cookies of resistance, stuff like that. laugh I miss that game.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Lady Mirth is scaring me now .... we have way too much in common. I read what you read. I know what you know.

Tank's real name is ..... Brian Wilson is it not? "Lying bed just like Brian Wilson did." Of course there were many Wilsons in the Beach Boys but he was/is the most remembered so I am guessing that's who you are referring to when you say you have a doppelganger of sorts?

The Little Tornado is not my usual nickname. I decided to use a completely different nickname for this so that no one would connect me to my other online identity. Suffice it to say that that online identity consists of a name I created during a period of fantasy roleplaying when I was a teenager. It became an online identity once I decided to take the role playing online which didn't work so well but ended up giving me a weblog and a few sites.

Though this online identity is not famous in itself, a simple google search for it reveals my real name and though I don't usually care about my real name being known (it's everywhere, I am so slutty with it), I wanted to be myself but be seperate from it for awhile. So while you may not know much about me, I will be blindingly honest.

Plus my partner calls me his "Little Tornado". And I love my real name and my usual identity. I am sure the moderators would be able to find out my id if they wanted to.

I might tell you some day. Hope this explains it for now.

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Eh. This is kind of embarrassing.

Okay, when I was going to join and had to think of a name for myself, I was going to join Zoomway's boards first, if I remember correctly. At that time, my best friend had just found and taken care of a miniature, two-week-old kitten, whom her daughter called "Tossig" ("crazy" in Swedish). As I was trying to think of a username for myself, I thought of the kitten. I thought I could use the kitten's name, but I decided to shorten it to TOS. Later, when I needed a username for these boards, I decided that TOC looked better than TOS. How embarrassing to discover that these boards already had TOCs (table of content, eh?).

Embarrassing. Oh well.

Ann

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
No real story behind mine. When I first joined I went by Kaylee but since Kaylle was already here I decided to give her her nick back and changed it to my RL nickname, Jackie. Why I kept the K I have no idea. laugh

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Lady Mirth is scaring me now .... we have way too much in common. I read what you read. I know what you know.
What do you mean, Tornado? Are you referring to The Code of The Woosters, by any chance?

Brian or not, Tank will never be anything but Tank to me. How his parents didn’t look upon his red little infantile face and not think “Tank” immediately, is beyond me! lol

And Ann, I don’t think it’s embarrassing. Having TOC for a username always gave me the impression that you were an integral member of the boards. The fact that you are probably it’s best reviewer definitely helped matters! laugh

And somebody please knock the Pulitzer post count back to 2000! Just seeing 2500 up there makes my head spin and makes me contemplate the futility of all things.
thud

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I have suddenly gone from cub reporter to blogger for some reason - can anyone explain this - I thought the next one was once you hit 50 posts and was a beat reporter or something.

Lady Mirth: I was referring to Pratchett & Jeeves ... and no doubt any other titles/authors we share in common if we both are huge fans of these two.

The Little Tornado.

Marisa Wikramanayake
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
That's cause Pam's gone and changed the order again. Check out the Member Statuses thread for the new list.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Blogger
Blogger
Well my screen name is actually the initials of my
name. My name is Lois E. Flinn,however, since I share the name with my mother I use my nickname Lollie. So, I've been called Lois Lane and Lollipop my whole life. So, I just switched the first letters of my name for Elflinn. Otherwise, I would be "Lef",like I lef da keys in the car again!! What a field day for all my "teacher" friends. Now, I am Elf 'cuz it fits me!! thumbsup

P.S. Besides, it is still my name spelled the way it sounds- wink

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, I was excited to see this thread! I remember how much fun it was last time, and I hoped that someone would link to the old thread. Lab linked to the old, old thread, but I remembered sharing the story of my nickname way back when...

So I dug up this thread , in which you can read the fun story of my name. goofy

I've had a blast reading everyone's stories!

As for that real name vs online name thing...

I had no problem calling Kaylle by her real name when I met her last summer (which is probably because I still pronounce her nick wrong in my head every time I read it :rolleyes: ), and the same with Doranwen, though I still tend to call her just "Doran" in chat. Now, Julie, on the other hand... there's a funny story that goes with that. I stayed over at her house when I was in Toronto this last summer and she told me what her mom had asked her.

Julie's Mom: *sounding worried* Should I call you Julie while she's here?

Julie: Mom, she knows my real name.

I died laughing when she told me that! lol Nevertheless, I still call her Julie... as did everyone else when we met up. wink

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I love this thread!!! very interesting smile

I thought up my username when I joined a different site.

I had a red betta fish at the time named Fin. His tank sat next to the desk where I wrote.

As I would write, he would watch me from the tank. He didn't swim around...just hung out on the one side of the tank, like he was reading over my shoulder. He sort of became my muse laugh

I usually would end up writing him into my story somehow.

I also was/still am, a huge fan of the martial artist Jet Li.

So when I was trying to come up with a username I put Fin's name together with Jet's last name.

Hence: FinLi

A lot of people end up asking me if I'm Chinese laugh

Clark: "Can I have a rat chief? Can I, huh? Please?"

Perry: "Clark, do you want me to send you to the dark room?"

Clark: "The dark room?"
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
I'm sure I've posted this before, but what the heck! Jo (shortened from Jo-jo) was my childhood nickname. Both sisters thought I'd make a better boy than a girl as I was such a tomboy, so they gave me a boy name. (my little sister and some friends still call me this.) In junior high, my best friend gave me the nick Murf. No clue why... probably had something to do with the smurfs, but it's been so long that she and I have completely forgotten why.

When I had to go online and use a nick I just put 'em together and have been using it for almost 2 decades now!

Jo

Top Banana
Top Banana
I can't remember whether I posted this in an older thread or not, so here it is anyway.

Back when I was a senior in high school (about 6-7 years ago), I spent lunch time with the same three guys almost every day. Two were friends of mine from way back at the beginning of middle school, and the other was a friend of one of the two.

One day when I was at lunch, I was reading a book (I did that a lot), and my friend Ryan (who currently holds the status of my only still-single best friend in the entire world--I have two MARRIED best friends too, although they're not married to each other) made a remark about the cover image on the book.

The book was Dragons of Summer Flame, from the DragonLance series. Ryan had said something along the lines of "Wow, that dragon has really dry skin."

The four of us started joking around about the dry-skinned dragon, and eventually Ryan suddenly came up with this idea that I was the dry-skinned dragon. Although, HOW I could've been is a mystery to me, because back then I almost never had a need for lotion or moisturizers of any kind (as opposed to this winter, when the air's been so dry that if I don't use it often enough my skin gets so chapped it HURTS).

So, since my initials are also DS, and the conversation I remember is one of those "good times" I always love to reminisce about, I decided to use it to create an online identity for something (I can't remember exactly what--it WAS 6 or 7 years ago, after all).

DSDragon has been my online nickname ever since--unless it was already taken for something I was signing up for, then I use my backup, which is Darcy783--a mixture of my first name, and the month and year I was born.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
This is fun. I didn't realize the member status feature changed! OOOh I wonder what I am. I'll find out in a few seconds.

SuperRoo...Well Roo is my nickname, however it was suppose to be my real name and I ended up with Ruth instead. I'm very attached to Roo. I added Super just because I wanted something Supermanish.

Not very creative.

Also, when I signed up I sat with my mouth open having NO clue what to put. I wanted think of something quick and not change it later. I tried to change it once (try and be more creative), but that only lasted a little while.

Lately I've been tempted to change it again because it has Roo in it. Some of my co-workers and friends now know I like LnC and if they see 'SuperRoo' they'll know it's me. Then again, one of my friends thought I was RAC so it may not be as obvious as I thought it was. Those are my initals until I got married (add a B at the end). However, I am what I am so I shouldn't be shy of my presence here. Well anyways, that's my story du jour .

[edit - Top Banana? My hubbie says monkey related things follow me everywhere. He's convinced I was a monkey in another life. This is just another thing to proove it. I've been jumping from thread to thread and I can't find Top Banana listed. Perhaps there is more recent one I'm missing...off to search! I enjoy searching. Very Jimmy-ish.]

[edit #2 - ok I found it. HAHA. I like the changes.]

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Features Writer
Features Writer
LOL SuperRoo, I was always reminded of the Disney movie "Winnie the Pooh" when I read your name; I like to think of the litte joey, ROO, wearing a towel cape around his neck and hopping along after Tigger.

DS, you know they're doing a Dragonlance, movie right?

http://www.dragonlance-movie.com/

Keifer Sutherland is doing the voice of Raistlin and they got Lucy Lawless voicing Goldmoon.

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Top Banana
Top Banana
DS, you know they're doing a Dragonlance, movie right?
Actually, I didn't. It's been years since I read any DragonLance books, and I'm currently missing my copies of the Chronicles Trilogy, so I can't even re-read it to refresh myself before the movie unless I a) find out who has my books, or b) buy new copies with the stupid new covers.

Thanks for the info and the link though!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Blogger
Blogger
I love this! I've always wondered what was behind everyone's nicks, but it never occurred to me to *actually ask*!

Foxy-J isn't my usual nick. For ten years it was Jenelf. Jen for my first name, and elf for the initials of my middle and last name: L and F. I got kind of sick of it, so I decided to do a different play on my name. My last name is often misspelled or mispronounced as Fawkes, so that's where Foxy came from. J is obviously for Jen.

Happy first day of spring!

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
haha mine is I think kinda obvious wink

I chose it when I joined Zoom's message boards about 5 years ago. There really is no story except for the fact that I have always been refered to as Lois Lane by one of my best friends from middle school. She is a big Batman fan so I called her Barbara Gordon naturally, and the names just stuck.

I have always admired the charachter (to the point I even have a team shirt with "lois lane" printed on the back) and it just seemed fitting to have a nickname like Lois Lane Wanna Be.

Some of your stories are cute, it's been nice reading them smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Anyways I have decided to explain my usual nickname and come clean.

My usual nickname is nothing special : Lady Kiadri or in certain cases just Kiadri.

Lady because I did online rolepaying at some point and Kiadri was a name I made up out of thin air and I liked it so much I have kept it. Especially since it has no relation to anything to do with me or my real identity (ie: not a derivation of my name or the name of a character or a nickname) but i have used it so much online now that if you run a google search for it, you will find my real name.

I love my real name too - so one day I am going to name a daughter (if I have one) Kiadri Marisa. It would be Kia Maria but then she would sound too much like an alcoholic beverage.

Little Tornado = being cute and demanding and wanting my own way and being completely overwhelming = Lois Lane. Though I do take offense to the fact that she cannot cook - there are women who are career driven who can cook too - they can do both things and still manage to mess up their lives the way she does. Grrr....

Shutting up now...

The Little Tornado.

Marisa Wikramanayake
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It would be Kia Maria but then she would sound too much like an alcoholic beverage.
[Linked Image]

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Well, I know I've told this story before, but I couldn't find it in either of the two threads Labby and Sara quoted, so I guess I'll tell it again. (I did find it in a really, really old thread on Zoom's boards!)

I've been using Kaylle off and on for the last 10+ years... I got onto the internet when I was about 14 years old, and for security reasons I didn't want to use my real name. Besides which, I was still in the adolescent "change your name to something exotic" phase. I was Kaylle on AOL Instant Messenger all along, but for years I tried to come up with a more exotic- or dramatic-sounding name, or I used a different name for each fandom I was involved with. Nowadays I use Kaylle or Kayl for everything. It's normal enough that people take it seriously and unusual enough that it isn't always already taken.

Although as Sara mentioned, everyone mispronounces it wink It's supposed to be pronounced Kayl and rhyme with hail and mail and pail. But apparently most people glance at it and see Kaylee, which to me sounds like a 12 year old girl (no offense, JackieK! It's just the weird mental picture that pops up!) or, possibly, the mechanic on Firefly. I hated that for a long time, because I don't think of myself as a 12 year old girl <g>, but I've decided there are worse characters to be associated with than Kaylee Frye. I do sometimes register for things as Kayl, though, to avoid that issue.

Anyway, why did I pick Kaylle? Three reasons:

1) My first two initials are K and L. When you slur them together, you get Kay-ell

2) The main character of my favorite book, a little-known fantasy by Patricia C. Wrede, was named Kayl Larrinar

3) When I was a freshman in high school, my best friend and I went through a nicknaming phase. Eventually my nickname settled on Leia, after Princess Leia, but we went through some iterations before that. One of them was the vegetable names phase, where we all took the name of a vegetable that started with the same letter as our first name. Not too many vegetables start with K, but there's a kind of lettuce called kale. (I know, this is a really stupid story, but we were 14 <g>)

So after all those things conspired against me, I just decided to read the writing on the wall... At least I got this way I got to pick how I spelled it wink

As for calling other people their real names vs. their online names... Some people I just cannot learn to call by their real names. I learned to call YellowDartVader by her real name instead of Alicia (the nick she used back then) without any trouble, but I cannot for the life of me call Bethy or Doranwen their real names. I don't know why some people's nicks are more firmly entrenched in my brain than others...

Kaylle

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard