Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Wow . . . here I was expecting to see a new chat started last Friday, but there wasn't one.

So, here it is.

Have at it. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
I saw "300". Then I wanted to join the Marines and kill the enemy with my bare hands. I ended up having a raw steak instead.

*sigh* I'd love to be a Spartan woman!!!

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Merriwether
Merriwether
I want to see it. My brother insisted on going on Friday, but I did not want to. He's always excited to go on opening night. I prefer to wait until it dies down a bit. He gets mad a me over that. Oh well.

I can hardly wait though!!!

I adopted two adult cats on March 4th so my time has been full with them. I've always been a dog person, but these two creature needed a home ASAP. Luckily my hubbie grew up with a cat around all the time so I can rely on his guidance. I picked up a cat for the first time in my life on Saturday. No scratches!

As good as life is lately, my weight problem is driving me nuts. In a nutshell - it's b/c I'm lazy. ugh. Now my favourite faery shirt is too small ***WHAAAA***. Geesh, I have a work out room too. I used to be really active, until I met my hubbie. When I used work out *and loved it* I wanted a 'work out room' sooo bad. Now that I have one, I can't seem to go and do it. I am saving up for a small TV that I can put in that room. I think that will help me out.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ok, I'm back to put in an actual POST to this thread.

As of Saturday night, I am officially moved into my new place!

Seriously, I un-packed the last bin Saturday night. And all of my books (except for a few which I KNOW are missing) are catalogued at librarything.com, and put onto the shelves.

On Sunday, I went to my parents' house for dinner, as usual, and this time I brought my bow (as in the compund archery kind) with me.

See, I'd un-strung the bow so that it would fit back into the box I'd gotten it in, but I'd accidentally un-strung the wrong string, and everything had gotten all messed up in the box before I un-packed it on Saturday.

So, I took it to my parents' house, hoping my dad would be able to help me get it back together. We managed to get the two other strings (the cables that keep the tension on the bow) onto it correctly, but I need to take it to an archery shop (read: the local sport & bait shop) so that they can use their special press to get the actual bow string correctly strung. I'm just not strong enough--and neither is my dad, which is saying something--to bend the bow and hold the cams in the right position at the same time as slipping the string loop into place.

To add to that, while I was looking in my dad's toolbox for an alan wrench/hex key, I ended up cutting two of my fingers (small, shallow cuts, no worries) on something--probably the trowel he had in there. Now, my right ring and pinky fingers sting every time I have to use them to type. Bummer.

The bow's going to have to wait until tomorrow though--I've got to get my allergy shots tonight, and do my laundry after that.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I didn't even know it was Friday. I spent all day Saturday convinced it was Thursday... :rolleyes:

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I didn't even know it was Friday. I spent all day Saturday convinced it was Thursday...
I've had days like that too, LabRat. wink

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
I didn't even know it [b]was Friday. I spent all day Saturday convinced it was Thursday... :rolleyes:

LabRat smile [/b]
You mean there are days in the week?!!

No really guys, it's finals week. I'm up til 5am every morning since I have to write, design, print, and bind 2 books and finish an ad campaign with my design team.

More interestingly, I actually had plans this past weekend aside from staying up til 5. My friends and their dog came into town. Welll after cleaning my carpet, floors and sanding my front door, my friends can come back, but the dog cannot LOL. But we still had a great weekend. We romped all over downtown and the beach, and sat down on top of the light-tower for ages, which is my new favorite place to go.

I finally finished planning the bridal shower for my best friend next week, so it'll be great to fly into town next week and see the old gang. smile

Back to finals I go! As soon as it's over Thursday, I look forward to actually seeing what everyone's up to and writing and such.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
I had news, but I saw that no one started the chat and took it as a sign that I should keep quiet about it. But now the thread is here, so I guess I'll let you all know. I had a miscarriage. frown It happened about 2 weeks ago, but I've finally gotten to the point that I've processed it and can learn to move on. Still, a friend of mine brought it up today and I felt myself starting to tear up (like I'm starting to do now), so I'm sure it will take some time before I can completely come to terms with it. But I figure that I'm probably not the only one here that this has happened to, and knowing that helps.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh Susan, I am so sorry. *hugs*

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow. After just reading Tears in Heaven, I realize how devastating that could be. Not personally, but how that can affect someone.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that, Susan. frown I will definitely be thinking about you.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Susan, I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

lisa in the sky with diamonds
J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Susan, so sorry to hear of your loss... I know how hard that can be. <<hugs>>

Last weekend had the awesome opportunity to take a beautiful walk along the Mississippi R. Weather was beautiful, eagles flying overhead, couldn't have asked for a better day. I just love spring!!!! <g>

Jo

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
aww! Susan, I'm so sorry to hear this. *hugs*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, Susan. I'm sorry to hear about this.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm sorry to hear about that too, Susan.

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've never been pregnant so I can't pretend to know how much that must hurt to lose a baby (physically and emotionally) but I have a friend who is actually due today and I know how excited she is. So I am deeply sorry for your loss, Susan. <hug> It doesn't seem like enough to say, but I hope you feel better soon.

-- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Susan. I know right now there isn't a lot I can say to you to make this better. I can promise you that it does get better. I have gone through 3 of 5 miscarriages with one of my friends. None of them were easy and the 5th one just about did her in. frown The last 3 were tubal and the doctor told her that there was a chance she would never carry one to term. BUT... I can add some light to that story. In February she had her first child.

The one that made it doesn't lessen the pain of all the ones she lost but she did make it through them and she is ok. One day you will be too. Surround yourself with people you love and who support you. We are all here for you as much a bunch of women (with some men tossed in there) can be. *hug*

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words of support. It felt good to be able to let it out into the open and acknowledge it, so I can begin to move past it. It's funny because now that people know, I have had so many people tell me that they/their sister/their best friend, etc. have had a miscarriage before (in one case, 3 of 6 pregnancies ended that way) - I didn't think I knew anyone who had ever had one. It's just one of those things that people don't talk about. It helps to know that I'm not alone. <<hugs back to all of you>>

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard