Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Because we were keeping it as a surprise for when someone reached 5000 posts.
Ah, that makes sense!

And haha, Paul! smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, boy, what am I now, then?

Yvonne

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, I can live with Top Banana. thumbsup

Yvonne

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Someone other than Labrat, that is...
laugh

That would be good if I actually qualified for any of these. :p

So, spare a thought for those us who are deprived of all the excitement and misery of all these glittering prizes because we're Editors-in-Chief or Section Chiefs by default and have been since practically our first post and who will never reach the heady heights of earning a Kerth, Merriweather, Pulitzer or Nobel Peace Prize! <sob>

LabRat smile

[Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Features Writer
Features Writer
So, spare a thought for those us who are deprived of all the excitement and misery of all these glittering prizes because we're Editors-in-Chief or Section Chiefs by default and have been since practically our first post and who will never reach the heady heights of earning a Kerth, Merriweather, Pulitzer or Nobel Peace Prize! <sob>
Labby, you can always resign your EIC position and then just jump to Peace Prize right away. Or you could register a secondary nick (is that allowed?) and start building up your post count all over again...

BTW, to make it conform with the show, shouldn't it be the International Peace Prize (instead of Nobel)?

Kathy (who's trying to post a little more often now - it's a LONG way to go to get my Pulitzer back! :rolleyes: )

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
BTW, to make it conform with the show, shouldn't it be the International Peace Prize (instead of Nobel)?
I've never heard of an International Peace Prize, not even on the show. Whereas, the Nobel Peace Prize is a very well-known prize given world-wide, and to get one a person has to have done something REALLY amazing.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
I've never heard of an International Peace Prize, not even on the show. Whereas, the Nobel Peace Prize is a very well-known prize given world-wide, and to get one a person has to have done something REALLY amazing.
Oh, I certainly know about the Nobel Prize. In fact (bragging a little here), I personally know a couple of Nobel Prize-winning physicists.

No, I meant the International Peace Prize, the award that Superman came flying home with at the beginning of SLV. It was obviously intended as the L&C universe's equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize, but they changed the name to International and had the awards ceremony in Stockholm, Sweden instead of Oslo, Norway.

Here's the passage from the script. As far as I remember, that information remained the same in the filmed episode.

LOIS: It's not everyday someone from Metropolis wins The International Peace Prize.

JIMMY: I can't believe Superman hasn't won it before now.

LOIS: I guess there was some question as to whether an extraterrestrial was actually eligible.

JIMMY: Well, alien or not, it's about time. Hey, how come you didn't go with Clark to Stockholm to cover the ceremony?
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm . . . I might just have to re-watch that episode, 'cause I don't remember that part. Doesn't mean it wasn't there though--I've only watched season 4 ONCE since I got the DVDs, as opposed to the 3-4 times I watched the other three seasons.

Darcy\'s Place
Kerth
Kerth
I remember that scene. It's just before the girl films them to establish whether Superman and Lois are having an affair or not.

As much as I loathe the majority of Season 4 (and even some parts of that episode - suddenly Clark has a problem with *lying* to protect his secret?), it is one of the eps I'll voluntarily rewatch.

Or, uh, parts of it, anyway.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Blogger
Blogger
I'm tryin'! I'm tryin' I'm tryin' to get to Freelance Reporter! Almost there!! I can do it!
Yes, I can! I know, I can!! clap clap

Features Writer
Features Writer
Sorry if I spoiled the surprise. blush frown

But it is right there in the FAQ's also, and I just quoted what I read. I thought people knew there was an extra status, that it had been added recently or something, as the ultimate challenge.

Once again, sorry. blush

malu thumbsup

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, I was kidding, malu!

Of course it was there if anyone wanted to see it smile Sorry - I never intended you to take me seriously. blush

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
P.S.: By the way, LabRat, you deserve an even greater award than the Nobel Pace Prize. [Big Grin] Keep up the fantastic work!
Awwwwww. Thank you, malu! That's so sweet of you. blush

Labby, you can always resign your EIC position and then just jump to Peace Prize right away. Or you could register a secondary nick (is that allowed?) and start building up your post count all over again...
As for giving up my EIC status, Kathy...oh no, no, no, no, no.

No. <g>

That would mean giving up the ability to move or delete posts. Do you know the heady sense of evil power that comes with that? Huh? It appeals to my latent sense of meglomania. goofy

<insert evil cackle here>

And...start from scratch? shock Are you trying to kill me, woman? laugh

LabRat smile

BTW - has anyone fixed the post nos yet? The last suggestion - sorry, can't remember who suggested them - seems to be logical enough.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Columnist
Columnist
I can't wait to get promoted!
Can't stay a blogger the rest of mine life wink

yay I'm not a blogger anymore laugh laugh

"I have no regrets. If you regret things, then you're sort of stepping backwards.
I'm a believer in going forwards." ~Kate Winslet
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard