Print Thread
#210229 02/16/07 04:49 AM
J
JoMurf Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Another Friday! Yeah!!! Think I'll simply sleep all weekend to a)get over this cold (or something) I have and b) to prep for a BUSY next week that is to come!

Only thing planned (besides making a snowman with my daughter): Dad invited me to watch him get dunked on Sunday. Silly me tells him that I'm always up for watching him get dunked, and that I'd even pay for it (completely thinking how odd to have a dunk tank in the middle of a cold winter, but who can tell the mind of a man on the cusp of retirement?!)... come to find out he's going to be baptized (fully immersed) smile So that'll be my Sunday "excitement" (beyond turning into a redneck with the start of Nascar).

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Jo

Top Banana
Top Banana
I have no plans at the moment for the weekend. I will probably go out for dinner sometime to celebrate a late valentines day. I didn't want to try to fight the crowds that night and asked that we do it another night.

Thinking about taking a half day at work... I am also looking for another job. I found out some things about my company that makes it ethically wrong for me to stay here and support them. frown

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I found out some things about my company that makes it ethically wrong for me to stay here and support them.
Hey, that really blows! I'm sorry to hear that. My sister went through the same thing a few months ago; she found out the office she was working for wasn't paying any of their franchise taxes.

As for me, it's just another busy weekend to survive the next week! I can't believe it's Friday already. There are campaigns to torture myself with, Abercrombie projects, and books to start making for class. There's this fantasy world of mine where all deadlines are abolished. <G> <G>

Oh, and I need food, too. There was a PEANUT BUTTER recall/advisory of all things, so I threw away my Peter Pan crunchy just in case, since some people were getting salmonella...

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well... I'm going to have a four-day weekend because here in Brazil is carnival. As I DO hate carnival, I'm going with my husband to my parents-in-law. They live in interior, and it'll be a four or five hours trip. Weather forecast is rain. :rolleyes: We'll be leaving early tomorrow and returning Tuesday.

I don't know if I'll be able to access the MB until Tuesday, but I hope so. Four days is a too long time to go without fanfic. laugh

Have a nice weekend everybody. smile

Andreia wave

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
A bit exhausted - a very busy work week and I was up until 2AM with a computer problem - but it's a holiday next week and I have monday-wednesday off, which will hopefully help me feel better. Going to a small SF convention tomorrow, ought to be seeing a lot of my friends, which ought to help me get into the holiday mood.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Tuesday, it snowed.

Wednesday, my sister Kimba came over, helped me with my drapes, helped dig my car out from our back driveway, and then I was locked out of my new place, so she drove us to our parents' house.

An hour or two later, my uncle drove me back, and one of my roommates (who had come home while I was out) opened the door. If she hadn't, my uncle has lock picks 'cause he used to be a locksmith. So, either way, I would've gotten in.

I FINALLY found the music books (and my fanfic binder!) I'd been looking for the whole week, and brought them over. But I forgot to look for my electronic tuner, so playing the guitar is still out for now.

It snowed again, and sometime on Wednesday evening, they must have plowed the road behind my new place, because there was a mound of snow right back on the end of the driveway where Kimba had shoveled. And it was melted and re-frozen snow, so it was nothing more than white-colored, solid ICE!

I couldn't get my little VW Bug over the mound of snow at all yesterday, so I called out from work again and spent the day here, bored. But I DID manage to get a new blog set up, and pictures posted on that blog of my new place! (http://dsdragon.blogspot.com)

This morning, I got the car half-way over the mound of frozen snow, but as soon as the back tires were over, they hit the road with a "KA-CHUNK!" and the car bottomed-out on the ice mound. I probably would have been able to get the car over the rest of the way, but I was afraid that the hard, icy snow would scrape up something underneath the car that it would require to run properly, and I can't afford to get the car fixed right now.

So, I called out from work again. Luckily, I have more than three days' worth of vacation time saved up, so I won't have to go without pay for this.

Kimba came over again at around noon, and she basically shaved off the top half of the mound where I'd be moving the car off of the driveway. The road is icy too, but at least it can be driven on without scraping anything.

We tested her handiwork, and she got the car out just fine. Now, next time I go out, I'll be able to drive wherever.

I've been online, reading Phil of the Future fanfiction all day so far. It's just not fair that as soon as I discovered I liked that show, my sister told me (on Wednesday) that the show's been cancelled. frown

Ironically, she also told me the basic gist of the series finale (I had asked her "Do Phil and Keely EVER get together?!?--'cause I'd seen just enough episodes to know that they should.) plus a couple of plot points, and that night, they SHOWED that very episode! Talk about karma.

So, here I am, freezing my butt of on the second floor of my new place. The thermostat is set at 70F, but it sure doesn't feel like it! Even when I'm sitting downstairs in the room with the fireplace on, it feels COLD.

I wonder if there's anything good on TV yet (I'm never home at this time of day, so I don't really know, but I DO know that I don't want to watch little-kid shows like Dora the Explorer or The Wiggles or something).

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, that really blows! I'm sorry to hear that. My sister went through the same thing a few months ago; she found out the office she was working for wasn't paying any of their franchise taxes.
Now that I am no longer at work I can address this one...

Mine is a lot bigger than this. The people who run my company were involved in a big scandal in the 80's that I just found out about. They were put in jail for a while for harassing a woman who wrote a book against their religion. They tried to make her look insane and tried to make it look like she was a terrorist. They were breaking into gov buildings and everything. In addition I found documentation online from ex-employees and members of that religion stating that my company is really just a cover up for a bigger thing that is going on for that religious orginization. The insurance is just their way of getting info on people their church is trying to investigate as possible threats to their orginization...

So yeah needless to say I'm a bit scared to work there and can't support what they do anymore.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been online, reading Phil of the Future fanfiction all day so far. It's just not fair that as soon as I discovered I liked that show, my sister told me (on Wednesday) that the show's been cancelled. [Frown]
Oh, don't you just hate that? It's akin to discovering a great new author and then finding they wrote two books ten years back and nothing since!

Yikes, Jojo - time to hightail it out of there, fast as your little legs will make it, I think!

I'm going to be spending most of the weekend catching up with some Archive work, I think.

Having a movie and snuggle night with Stuart this evening - I discovered that he's never seen LA Confidential and plan to rectify this glaring omission pronto. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well... I'm going to have a four-day weekend because here in Brazil is carnival. As I DO hate carnival, I'm going with my husband to my parents-in-law. They live in interior, and it'll be a four or five hours trip. Weather forecast is rain.
Here's carnival as well and my weekend is also 4 days. We've got sun, it's actually strangely warm given that it's Febuary. I guess I can't escape carnival as good as I usually manage. Gotta be strong!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
We have a three day weekend for President's Day, and Daniel is taking me somewhere. I say somewhere because I am not entirely sure where we'll be. I am sure he's told me, I just haven't paid that much attention. blush But, anyway, I've got a beta to finish and a few emails to send, and then I'm outta here until late Monday. Hope all of you have a good weekend.

P.S. Jojo, I agree, get the heck out of Dodge!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by bakasi:
Well... I'm going to have a four-day weekend because here in Brazil is carnival. As I DO hate carnival, I'm going with my husband to my parents-in-law. They live in interior, and it'll be a four or five hours trip. Weather forecast is rain.
Here's carnival as well and my weekend is also 4 days. We've got sun, it's actually strangely warm given that it's Febuary. I guess I can't escape carnival as good as I usually manage. Gotta be strong!
I live in the area used by the Notting Hill Carnival at the end of August in London. Every year I try to find some reason not to be in London that weekend, since there's usually a thousand-watt speaker stack at the end of the road, a few hundred drunks in the street, and broken glass in the front garden every morning. I'm willing to bet that very few of the people who promote these things actually live in the areas they affect...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard