#210106 02/11/07 05:01 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Over in the poster thread, Lara wrote:

OMG!!! LabRat - I just saw your sig. LOVE it!! You know... in my house, the absolute most common word is "indeed." I should mention we say it in a lower voice than our own and in a very neutral tone. We're a tiny bit deranged over here. [Smile] But we love SG 1. [Smile]
Yay, another SG1 fan! dance There are actually quite a few SG1 fans here on the mbs! I have to confess it's my obsession. LNC and SG1 - can't get enough.

Must be fun to have others in your house who are fans, Lara! I have to make sure I watch it alone, otherwise Stuart ribs it mercilessly. (This from the man who regularly watched Enterprise and who insists on watching ST:TOS marathons on Sundays :rolleyes: )

Funny thing with the sig though. For the last few years, I've always had a SG1 sig on the mbs. It was only recently that I started using other things - mostly because the show jumped the shark for me with S9 <shudder> and I lost interest in anything but Classic SG1. (Although do have to say that I've been enjoying quite a bit of S10 - I thought Quest was wonderful - so things are looking up again). But this sig only got used because I attempted an experiment with a new sig and it didn't work, which left me with no sig and no time right then to find another, and I spotted this one in an old email and just shoved it in temporarily until I found something else. laugh

You know...I feel a wallow coming on. It's been a while since I've sat down with CotG and worked my way through to Moebius. wink Might even go on and watch S9 again, see if I change my opinion on it. (Has been known).

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#210107 02/11/07 08:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
smile We have Stargate in French and English over here - different seasons, on different channels - and if I wanted, I could manage to see up to 3 different episodes a day. Four on Thursdays when S10 is on. And that's just classic SG1, cause if you add Atlantis to the mix, I could be sitting in front of the TV all day over here. *lol*

I don't really watch Atlantis, though. I will if I'm sitting here and it happens to be on, but I won't go out of my way. I absolutely cannot stand MacKay and it annoys me to no end that they had to make him a Canadian - not to mention they have him say "zed" instead of "zee" all the time and I'm sorry but not all of us do that. I'll bet you'd hardly find anyone here to call the thing "zed-pee-em", especially if the rest of the known universe says "zee-pee-em"! *sigh*

I have to say my interest level dropped while Daniel Jackson was off being dead and ascended and it dropped even more seriously after O'Neill left... I'm totally bummed that we never really saw anything "happen" between O'Neill and Carter. Dang it, I've been hoping for that for *years*. They'd better not end the series without giving us a little bit of something there - or I'm totally going to write to them and complain. wink

Season 10 isn't *that* bad, considering - the Quest, was definitely interesting - and, well, you know... Cameron Mitchell... drool and Daniel Jackson, obviously... Oooooh, Daniel Jackson! To quote Lois on Smallville: "Give me a nerd with glasses any day of the week." LOL! Much drooling going on, here. No, I swear I don't watch the show just for the eye candy! I don't!! I watch it 'cause it's just so damn gooooood!!! It's amusing and interesing and - well, it's really very entertaining. Not like some other stuff I've been forced to watch (Enterprise comes to mind here. BLAH!)

I suck at episode titles and what season they're in, so I'm not real sure which ones you're referring to, there... In fact I couldn't even tell you what the title of my favorite episode is (the one where they re-live the same day over and over again - kinda like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day) I don't even know what season it's in. Guess that comes from watching so many different seasons simultatneously on the tube. Oh hum.

Sort of wish I had the DVDs now - I'd totally watch the episode with Dan Castallanetta and the communicating stones again.. that was a great one. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#210108 02/11/07 08:46 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, I lost interest during S6, too. I even thought that was the last season and was ecstatic when I finally realised that we were getting a S7 and Daniel was back! In retrospect, I quite enjoy watching S6 on DVD, it has some good episodes and episodes that I didn't really like at the time I find quite entertaining these days, and I was never one of those fans who hated Jonas. All the same, when I watch a S6 episode, I never can help wondering what it would have turned out like if Daniel had been there instead of Jonas.

And S6's Abyss still rates as one of my top five episodes (the one where O'Neill is captured and tortured by Ba'al and Daniel in his Ascended state turns up to comfort and help him.) The script for that episode is just...sublime.

I could never get into Atlantis either. The one character I like is...erm...the Scottish one, whose name currently escapes me. And, no, not just because he's Scottish. laugh Oh, hang on, I've got it. I think. Beckett?

I'm kind of glad we never saw anything definitive with Jack and Sam. Mainly because I was always terrified TPTB would screw it up and then I'd have canon to contend with that would spoil my own little fantasy. So long as they never did anything that definitively meant they never got together, I was cool. That way, I can happily be assured that at some point in the future they live happily ever after together.

What did really, seriously tick me off was when, in S9, they made no attempt to explain where the heck Jack went to. We got plenty of spoilers and leaks, but nothing on screen that was canon. Which I thought was a really shabby way to treat the character after 8 seasons. As far as canon goes, one minute Jack was General in charge of the SGC and there was no reason to suspect he would leave and the next he's gone and replaced with Landry and we never got to hear what prompted that decision.

Never mind the fact that, for me, it's just so totally OOC for Jack to be behind a desk in Washington. I don't like to think of Jack being that unhappy.

I feel slightly better these days though - now that I've resolved in my own mind that the Washington post is just a ruse and that every morning Jack closes the door of his office and is beamed up to Thor's ship and spends the day off fighting enemies and having his own adventures in space. laugh

The S9 characterisations of Mitchell and Vala were one of many, many reasons why I couldn't watch. In S10 - for the most part - not only do they not irk me, but I actually enjoy watching them, thanks to the changes they've made in them. I'm still slightly baffled as to how we got from Vala the leather-clad, worldly, self-centred, sex vixen to Vala the childlike, eager to please and needy for approval team member. But I figure something happened in S9 that I missed. I do wish though that they'd stop making her wear her hair in bunches like a pre-schooler. :rolleyes:

CotG - Children of the Gods. The Pilot. Basically, I'm due to start from the Pilot and work my way through all eight seasons to the end of S8 (Moebius - S8 finale). Fun time!

I have to rate those two eps among my favourites too. A lot of people don't like the comedy eps like Citizen Joe (the one with DC and the stones) or The Other Guys, but I've always enjoyed eps which let us see the team from outside eyes.

BTW, as a J/S shipper have you read Sally Reeve\'s fanfic ? If not - you've missed a real treat. As Sally Malcom, she also wrote two of my favourite Fandemonium novels - A Matter of Honor/The Cost of Honor.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#210109 02/11/07 02:30 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm with LabRat.. as long as they don't mess it up, we can dream whatever we want. Besides, as it stands right now, how do we know Jack and Sam aren't going at it like bunnies on weekends? laugh But if they don't mention it in the series, there are two movies in the works.

I'm a fan of both shows. Eye candy in both (Daniel, Cam and John. Humuna humuna) and I'm actually liking McKay now on Atlantis. Still want to smack him sometimes, but I think I always will. McKay and Mrs. Miller (where they got his real-life sister on the show) was one of the better episodes with him.

I think as far as Vala goes, Labby, the pregnancy bit in S9 is what changed her. Before that she was more like the old Vala.. at least during the first half of the season. Or maybe she knows a good thing when she sees it. I may have to go back and watch it.

Come on, hurry up April! I want to see the new episodes!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#210110 02/11/07 03:53 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think as far as Vala goes, Labby, the pregnancy bit in S9 is what changed her. Before that she was more like the old Vala.. at least during the first half of the season. Or maybe she knows a good thing when she sees it. I may have to go back and watch it.
Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten the pregnancy. You're right, that did give her a fresh perspective and certainly went a long way to producing the Vala we see now. I'm still not sure what turned her so child-like and needy though.

I do love that aspect of her 'shifted' character though. I love that she's always looking for Daniel's approval in particular, the way he's become more or less her mentor, over time.

Not sure I'm a D/V shipper, but I do like their relationship.

So far, I've enjoyed most of the new episodes, so I imagine you will, too! laugh Quest II was the first episode in a long time that I thought they really made good on their promise that S9/10 would 'take us back to the start and team adventures'. There were some beautiful team moments in that episode and a lot of fun humour. And I've kind of had that feel about many of the episodes since.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#210111 02/14/07 04:26 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm a huge fan too of SG1!!!
I miss so much Jack O'Neill, my favorite in Sg1 but I'm happy for Daniel Jackson, his charachter has grown much in these last years!
I like the chemestry between Daniel and Vala, so funny and interesting!I hope it will be transformed in love wink
But I miss the interaction of Sam and Jack, a wonderful pairing! Threads is an incredible episode for me, but I like so much Divide and Conquer and Hero!
I'm sad because the 10th season is the last, but after there'll be the tv-movies!Wow! clap
I love Atlantis and my charachters favorites are Weir and Beckett and then John Sheppard (yum yum)! For this now I'm so scared! If you know the spoilers of the 4th season, you understand me!!! mecry

CLARK: I hated not being able to tell you. I mean, you think it was easy watching you swoon over Superman and ignore me?
LOIS: That doesn't make any sense! You are Superman!
CLARK: No, Superman is what I can do, but Clark is who I am...
#210112 02/17/07 05:22 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Woohoo! Stargate fans are coming out of the woodwork! My whole family loves the show.

Labby, I have to say I am way jealous. You have all the DVD's and can watch them whenever you want! I sadly only have the first two seasons. However, I discovered that there are episodes on youtube. I just spent the last week catching up on the episodes I missed in S9 and S10. My favorite episode so far is one that hasn't aired in the US yet, Bad Guys. Very, very funny episode.

So, which stargate character is everyone's favorite? Mine has to be Daniel Jackson. No doubt about that! He's cute, funny, cute, intelligent (in the extreme!), and did I mention cute? laugh

Wash: Everything looks good from here...Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land." I think we should call it "your grave!" Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!
#210113 02/18/07 01:08 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
*tragic sigh* They killed off my favorite character. *sniffle*

Ok, I lied. My favorite is actually McKay. Yes, I know. But it's true anyway. And it was even before M&MM, which is my all-time-favorite SG episode.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#210114 02/18/07 02:33 PM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I've had SG1 on DVD for Christmas for several years running. laugh

I honestly couldn't choose a favourite from between O'Neill, Carter, Daniel and Teal'c. I love all four of them equally. And I still miss Hammond.

Outside of those, my favourite character would have to be Paul Davis. Or..erm...no, wait...Siler! Or maybe Harriman. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#210115 02/24/07 09:33 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I love SG-1! I have to say I miss Hammond and Jack!
But, Cameron has his moments. I liked when Mckay was
babbling over something or anxienty attack stressing
over something when he (Cameron) just holds a lemon or orange to get him shut up!! Due to the fact that
he is deathly allergic to citrus!! I thought was
hilarous!!! I love Teal'c INDEED!! I was a closet
sg fan for the longest time!! But, I had to own up!!

laugh laugh Who Knew!!

#210116 03/06/07 05:02 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, it's Tuesday. And I'm in mourning. laugh

Recently, our digital TV company was taken over by Richard Branson's Virgin Media group. Unfortunately, they've been in an increasingly bitter turf war with Rupert Murdoch's BSkyB company over their jockeying for power in the industry. Lots of stabbing each other in the back, dirty tricks and increasingly bad tempers.

And, just weeks after the takeover, they started fighting over negotiations to continue to show SKY TV channels to Virgin Media customers. We've had these channels for years, you understand, without any fuss. But now...they failed to come to an arrangement, spent most of the time blaming each other and with the current contract running out...as of midnight last Wednesday, BSkyB unceremoniously pulled the plug and we found ourselves watching blank screens where SKY's channels used to be. (Though not for long. They were promptly replaced by 'witty' zingers from Branson, like renaming the Sky News channel 'Old Sky Snooze'. :rolleyes: )

Including SKY One.

SKY one is where 99% of the big US hit shows premiere.

Including SG1.

So, come this evening at 8pm - with just two episodes of SG1 to go - instead of recording Stargate, I'll be bereft and watching nothing. razz Guess I'll be hitting mininova come tomorrow morning!

Anyway, just wanted to share my misery. And a big fat raspberry to Branson and Murdoch. laugh

LabRat smile

ETA: 9.27 pm. Watch LabRat sob quietly into her Irn Bru. And, yes, I was sad enough to actually go check if Sky One had come back on at two minutes to eight, even though I knew it wasn't going to be there... goofy

The Musketeers
#210117 03/09/07 07:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ouch! That's got to hurt!

D8a's Muse.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard