Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I don't have a digital photo of myself, and if i had one I wouldn't know how to post it... but I am a little ashamed of not having posted anything. But thank you so much, all the rest of you who have posted! It's been great to see you!!! clap clap clap

Ann

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah Smirky. Find out if there are other FoLCs in the area, then arrange a get together maybe. My sister did that with a few other people last summer (see troll pic).

Then there's LAFF, which is a big get together in LA. there's an thread about that pinned at the top of the "Lois & Clark" area.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Top Banana
Top Banana
All right, I'll show a picture of myself as well. It's not as if most people around here haven't seen me or pics of me before...

[Linked Image]

That's the most recent picture taken of me. My hair is all done because I had a big party that evening. And I'm not usually brown, it's died. Originally, I'm dark blond.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Rachel, you do look like a smirking bird! How adorable!
Let's see if this works:
[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/ladymirth/pic/00006rys/s320x240[/img]

I'm the girl on the far left in the dark blue saree. This was taken at Northwood University, during a Junior Acheivement conference a few months ago.

Forgive the horrible orange T-shirt, but that's what FedEx wanted us to wear to their luncheon.
[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/ladymirth/pic/00009gyz/s320x240[/img]

[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/ladymirth/pic/00001t92/s320x240[/img]
Me again.

[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/ladymirth/pic/000027sy/s320x240[/img]

That's me on the far left. I'm a bit dishevelled after seven hours in the same flight.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Ann, your pic doesn't have to be digital. You can scan a pic in. I imagine there's a scanner at the school you work at, and I'm betting a student or another teacher can help you! Then you can email it to yourself or save it on disk so you'll have a copy at home. Then post it with image shack or some other free hosting agent.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Smirky! You're a girl! eek (I have no clue why I thought otherwise laugh )

Okay, here's one of me:

[Linked Image]

What? [Linked Image]

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Oh Labby, You look just like I thought you would!!!

rotflol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[Linked Image]

Okay, fun's over Labby, get back here and post a real one. laugh

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I can see that many of you are having fun with this thread, but doesn't it sort of spoil the 'mystery' of who folcs actually are?

Part of the fun is the creation of a mental image based only on hints and clues provided by the words, and work each of us has done on these boards.

If anyone is truly interested (they'll have to work for it), my good friend Peter Krause drew me into issue 10 of "Power of Shazam". I'm the bartender there.

Tank (who knows there is a photo of Wendy and I floating around somewhere, but points out that like Wendy, he has lost some weight since then... and gotten older... and grayer wink )

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
People have actually met? Beyond the siblings, that is? How does that happen?
Oh, I think I've lost count of the number of FoLCs I've met in person over the years. It's been a lot of fun. laugh If I tried to list them all, I know I'd miss people out, so I won't try - but I can at least try listing the countries I've met FoLCs from.

Surprisingly enough, I've never met any Irish FoLCs in person, though I know of a few *waves to EvilSara* I've met FoLCs from: England, Scotland, France, Italy, Australia, something like a dozen US states and, of course, Canada.

As for how it happens, I did once go to a general FoLC fest, but mostly it's been individuals meeting up - I've invited FoLCs to stay at my house, for example, and been invited to theirs, and when I first moved to North America we went on a road trip around two Canadian provinces and about eight US states. On that trip, I managed to fit in meetings with, I think, nine FoLCs. The following year we went to the US again with Kaethel in tow, hitting Cedar Point and Annette's place in Pennsylvania, and that time we met five FoLCs.

And I should add that some of the FoLCs I've met over the years, who started off as people I just chatted to online and perhaps exchanged the odd email with, have become some of my husband's and my closest friends. smile And that's something special laugh

Mind you, when said husband goes gallivanting off to Las Vegas with the husband of one of these close FoLC friends... :rolleyes:

(just kidding! They had a great time, and I'm glad because they needed the break).

Wendy smile

Oh, and PS:
like Wendy, he has lost some weight since then... and gotten older... and grayer
Ditto on the older and greyer too, Tank *runs out to buy more hair colour* goofy

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
Capes said:
What I found most interesting about this thread was how many of you have actually met up in real life. It's fascinating. Did you have to do a lot of traveling to make that happen?
SmirkyRaven said:
People have actually met? Beyond the siblings, that is? How does that happen?
Beyond getting together with FoLCs in our geographic areas, a few of us have seen fit to drive or even fly hundreds (sometimes thousands!) of miles to meet FoLCs. WAFF 2006, for example, was held near Seattle at my place. I invited a few FoLCs to come spend a week with me. Paul and Kaylle flew in from the east coast and Sara flew in from Arizona. In 2005, DocJill, Kaylle, LauraU, Kathy Brown and I drove from various parts of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana to Maryland where we rented a house for a week. At other gatherings, Kaethel, Yvonne, and Wendy have flown from Europe to the States to hang out with FoLCs. I guess we just like our online friends enough to want to travel to go see them. laugh

~Anna

Merriwether
Merriwether
I've wanted to go to a LAFF, but I think by the time I can go (mentally (shy) ready and $$ ready) it will be no more. goofy

In the beginning, people thought I was a boy. It was fun.

This *reminds* me I need to take more pics of myself. I have maybe a dozen of myself as a teen/adult, most of which cannot be given out b/c they are just horrid! This does not include the yearly school pictures.

I think my next picture may include glasses. I had perfect eagle vision until about a year ago. I never really sat in front of a computer a lot (beside writing essays) until I went into CGA/my new job/Folcdom and it seems like I'm in front of one 24/7. Everything blurs when I'm lazy. That's part of the reason I have not been reading as much lately.

I'll get cool glasses to show off!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Have any of you ever got to talking to/emailing/pming a FoLC so much using their first name, that you've forgotten their screen name?

I feel kinda bad, because I recognized symbolicangel's picture, but not the name "sybolicangel."

Turns out, I know her by a name that begins with C, and I first saw that pic on her MySpace profile when I started beta-reading the story she's been working on for months now. I'd been afraid to try and PM her through the boards here, 'cause I COULDN'T REMEMBER HER SCREEN NAME!

Does something like that ever happen to any of you?

On another note:

Once we get the LnC wiki going, it might be cool to have bios of FoLCs, with the pictures posted in threads such as this one attached to the bio.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
The best thing would be if we could all share pictures of us reading or writing fanfic or FDK.
Just searching the main page - me still sleepy on a Sunday afternoon so pls excuse the hair.
[Linked Image]

Yay! I made it smaller smile

Off to do some laundry now *grumble* and work out. UGH wallbash

[edit - I made this a day afterwards and forgot to put it....
[Linked Image]

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LabRat wrote:

Smirky! You're a girl! (I have no clue why I thought otherwise )
Hehee. Lol. Indeed I am. Hello! <waves>

I can see that many of you are having fun with this thread, but doesn't it sort of spoil the 'mystery' of who folcs actually are?

Part of the fun is the creation of a mental image based only on hints and clues provided by the words, and work each of us has done on these boards
<shrugs> Kind of. I figure I represent myself pretty well here--bouncy, excitable, with a very odd contradicting dark side. But still, I find it fascinating to be able to see people and realize they are more than a name. And, perhaps the best part, is that we're finally finding out which FoLCs are male and which are female!

SmirkyRaven

Features Writer
Features Writer
Woohoo! Nice to see so many faces!

Here's one of me at the tender age of 12, all dolled up and allowing my true nature through.

[Linked Image]

And while I'm an Army Dude during the day, I moonlight as Marvel comicbook heroes.

[Linked Image]

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I have come out of hiding! I'm not really gone... I'm just on hiatus! (Hopefully you haven't forgotten about li'l ol' me!) Love this thread, and love everyone's photos!

Here is me:
[Linked Image]

Here is me on New Year's Eve, notice the "striking" resemblance to Lois (ha ha)!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Finally, here is the man in my life. Notice the striking resemblance to... wink
[Linked Image]
(That Halloween costume was my idea. Finally fulfilled some kind of super-fantasy for me... hee hee!)

--Wanda Detroit xo

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not really. Unless I memorize all the faces, everyone goes back to being an icon. <g> But at least I know things like, Smirky is a girl, for instance. (So sorry you had to go through a sex change in my head!)

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
But at least I know things like, Smirky is a girl, for instance. (So sorry you had to go through a sex change in my head!)
I am far too amused by this, for some reason.

lol.

SmirkyRaven

Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't think I've had to make any sex changes (don't have the medical background for it anyway) but there were some mental pictures of people that got changed.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard